PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

49 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

No idea about zotac cards, but check if you need to upgrade your psu (if it's of lower wattage).

Already got a PSU upgrade. Switched to a Coolermaster MWE 750W. I think my old Season 620 would have done the job as well, but got it just to be on the safe side.

1 hour ago, Alucard said:

None whatsoever. I did that & it was a waste for gaming. Honestly if you need to ask that simply mean it is not required.

What GPU do you use, what resolution do you play at? In most scenarios there will be negligible difference in performance specially if you are using a 60x/70x card &/or are playing at 1440p or above. If you are a competitive gamer you should really consider a 5800x3d or something from team intel.

3060ti is excellent for 1080p & will serve you a long time. Buy right now if you are going for a new card & can get one for around 40-45k anything more is not really worth it IMO. If you are open in getting used, might as well wait for some more time as the prices of current gen will fall even further. It's a win win in any case so do what you got to do.

Perfect! Yep makes sense to probably go for one right now, God forbid the prices spike up again. Not going for used cards. 

[Price Check]

Hey guys, looking to price check my build because I want to sell it and I have no idea how to price PC components. Here's my build with original price. Most of it was bought in Sept 2016 so its quite a bit old, except the case which I bought just 3 months ago. Also had a 1060 but it crapped out 2 days after warranty ended.

i7 6700K - Rs. 24000

16 GB GSkill Ripjaws 3000Mhz Ram - Rs. 6600

Asus Z170 AR = Rs. 12700

Antec PSU 650W Modular - Rs. 4600

Hyperx 212 X Cooler - Rs. 3000

1TB + 2TB Hard Disks - Rs. 7000

Zebronics Case (Just 3 Months old) - Rs 3800

Total price when bought: Rs. 61700

What should I be looking for in terms of price to sell this? I am thinking of creating a build once GPUs are a bit affordable so just looking to get this out till then.

8 hours ago, Alucard said:

None whatsoever. I did that & it was a waste for gaming. Honestly if you need to ask that simply mean it is not required.

What GPU do you use, what resolution do you play at? In most scenarios there will be negligible difference in performance specially if you are using a 60x/70x card &/or are playing at 1440p or above. If you are a competitive gamer you should really consider a 5800x3d or something from team intel.

3060ti is excellent for 1080p & will serve you a long time. Buy right now if you are going for a new card & can get one for around 40-45k anything more is not really worth it IMO. If you are open in getting used, might as well wait for some more time as the prices of current gen will fall even further. It's a win win in any case so do what you got to do.

I’m on a 3080 right now and usually play single player on 4k ultra so long as I get above 60 frames 

Edited by RV1709
  • Like 2

Fellas, I have a question. I was looking at the display port options on the Zotac 3060 Ti Twin Edge and it says it has 1 HDMI 2.1 port and 3 displayports. What on earth are displayports and will our HDMI cables fit in there? 

Currently, I have my PC monitor connected to my GTX 1060 via the DVI port and the TV via HDMI. I was assuming these newer cards will have these ports. What's with this weird changes?

4 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Fellas, I have a question. I was looking at the display port options on the Zotac 3060 Ti Twin Edge and it says it has 1 HDMI 2.1 port and 3 displayports. What on earth are displayports and will our HDMI cables fit in there? 

Currently, I have my PC monitor connected to my GTX 1060 via the DVI port and the TV via HDMI. I was assuming these newer cards will have these ports. What's with this weird changes?

DisplayPort is a different format/specification altogether and it is PC specific. Most of the newer cards will not have DVI ports, and you may need a connector. Also, I think you should upgrade your monitor since VRR is unlikely to work via DVI even if you get a connector. 

If your TV is HDMI 2.1 compatible, then VRR should work over HDMI. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

DisplayPort is a different format/specification altogether and it is PC specific. Most of the newer cards will not have DVI ports, and you may need a connector. Also, I think you should upgrade your monitor since VRR is unlikely to work via DVI even if you get a connector. 

If your TV is HDMI 2.1 compatible, then VRR should work over HDMI. 

Thank you!

I won't be using the monitor for any gaming. All of my gaming would be done on the TV, which for now is basic 1080p. So not concerned about VRR now at all. Guess I'll need to check if these people provide DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI converter in their bundles, if not, then will need to hunt for one. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Thank you!

I won't be using the monitor for any gaming. All of my gaming would be done on the TV, which for now is basic 1080p. So not concerned about VRR now at all. Guess I'll need to check if these people provide DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI converter in their bundles, if not, then will need to hunt for one. 

Sure thing. But I'd really recommend upgrading either the TV or the monitor :) 3060 is a good card and you will seriously be bottlenecking it by forcing it to run at 1080p 60fps with VSync. 

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Sure thing. But I'd really recommend upgrading either the TV or the monitor :) 3060 is a good card and you will seriously be bottlenecking it by forcing it to run at 1080p 60fps with VSync. 

I can use the nVidia downsampling feature for 1440p right?

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I can use the nVidia downsampling feature for 1440p right?

Yes you can. That is doable, but the downsampling is only going to reduce aliasing. Not increase picture clarity significantly. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Thank you!

I agree with above post. 

Get a 1080p 144 hz monitor. They are affordable enough. Or 1440p if budget not an issue. They will have display port.

For basic 1080p gaming, just a 3050 would suffice, along with dlss/upscaling.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, roun90 said:

I don't know any good FPS or TPS as of now, but personally I want to tell about some gems that I found for pretty cheap this sale. They a couple of really good horror puzzle+ visual novel games - Spirit Hunter: Death Mark and Spirit Hunter: NG

FLU9pRLUUAMaZqj.jpg:large

IMG_2680.jpg

Also, since I remember you said somewhere that you liked Monster Hunter World, then both Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 are on sale. Dragon Ball: Kakarot is also dirt cheap on Steam at the moment.

That's all the recommendations I can think of at the moment.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, l33tmaniac said:

did you not pickup borderlands 3 during the EGS giveaway?

On 6/26/2022 at 1:06 AM, SaiKO said:

Both are terrific games. 

So I missed the steam sale and didn't buy anything, fortunately I was checking GP and there was far cry 5, it's pretty good although the weapon variety is not good and there aren't hit markers, will scratch the itch for now.

Wish there were more of these types of games with open world + weapons customization and vehicles and all

Like MGSV/GR Wildlands, don't like far cry that much but it's similar to these two.

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

So I missed the steam sale and didn't buy anything, fortunately I was checking GP and there was far cry 5, it's pretty good although the weapon variety is not good and there aren't hit markers, will scratch the itch for now.

Wish there were more of these types of games with open world + weapons customization and vehicles and all

Like MGSV/GR Wildlands, don't like far cry that much but it's similar to these two.

Check out Watch Dogs 2. Play it in 100% stealth. It gives you both options.

Pretty enjoyable and quiet hard actually. 

Copying from The Monitor thread

In the market for a 1440p 144hz monitor for PC gaming. 

Is the Samsung G7 (27in) worth it? I used to have another curved monitor. I like the curve and house people also like it lol. 

If not can people list other options plz

19 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Copying from The Monitor thread

In the market for a 1440p 144hz monitor for PC gaming. 

Is the Samsung G7 (27in) worth it? I used to have another curved monitor. I like the curve and house people also like it lol. 

If not can people list other options plz

BenQ EX2780Q 68.58 cm (27 Inch) QHD 1440p IPS 144Hz Gaming Monitor | HDRi | DCI-P3 | 2.1 Channel Speaker & 5 Watt Sub https://amzn.eu/d/9i8elas

I have this one.. you check it out too.. 

I've the LG qhd 32" ultragear gaming monitor (1440p/144hz).  I don't see how 60fps+ helps as i don't play any competitive games, but the monitor itself is fantastic.  Also i feel 27" is a little less for gaming, 32" is the right size, especially since i play mostly using controller.