PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Looking at all the videos (I prefer watching somebody talk, and not just see the numbers on a sheet), RDR2 is what is giving it the most trouble?

I think I was watching Dave2D and he said that the 3080 can't push the 60 mark in 4K Ultra settings. I get that its the most graphically demanding game out there, but goddamn. This is best card out there lol.

Plus no more SLI on this thing.

Looking at all the videos (I prefer watching somebody talk, and not just see the numbers on a sheet), RDR2 is what is giving it the most trouble?

I think I was watching Dave2D and he said that the 3080 can't push the 60 mark in 4K Ultra settings. I get that its the most graphically demanding game out there, but goddamn. This is best card out there lol.
Native 4k 60 is not here yet, don't let the console hype fool you. It's going to take quite some time. 1080p is still the most popular resolution for a reason.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

That's wrong though. 3080 runs RDR2 at 4K60FPS. 

untitled-24.png

SLI hasn't been a thing for a while now. The profiles suck or not available at all. Not worth the hassle anymore. 

GeForce RTX 3080 Launch: What Happened? You Asked, We Answered.

A few examples compared to our previous launch -  4 times the unique visitors to our website, 10 times the peak web requests per second, and more than 15 times the out clicks to partner pages.

What happened? I was really excited for the GeForce RTX 3080, but the launch has made it near impossible to find one and this is really disappointing.

• The demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 was truly unprecedented. We and our partners underestimated it.
  • Over 50 major global retailers had inventory on the day of launch. Our retail partners reported record traffic to their sites, in many cases exceeding Black Friday. This caused crashes, delays and other issues for their customers. We knew the GeForce RTX 3080 would be popular, but none of us expected that much traffic on the first day.

What’s the overall GeForce RTX 3080 stock situation?

• The GeForce RTX 3080 is in full production. We began shipping GPUs to our partners in August, and have been increasing the supply weekly. Partners are also ramping up capacity to meet the unprecedented demand. We understand that many gamers are unable to buy a GeForce RTX 3080 right now and we are doing everything we can to catch up quickly. 

Why does availability start with such low inventory? Why not wait until more cards are produced?

• We have great supply - just not for this level of demand. It is typical for initial demand to exceed supply for our new GPUs. Our global network of partners are ramping as hard as they can to get the new GPUs to the more than 100 million GeForce gamers around the world. Our philosophy has always been to get the latest technology into the hands of gamers as fast as possible. As we race to build more GeForce RTX 3080s, we suggest not buying from opportunistic resellers who are attempting to take advantage of the current situation.

What changes are you making to the NVIDIA Store moving forward?

• As with many other etailers, the NVIDIA Store was also overrun with malicious bots and resellers. To combat this challenge we have made the following changes: we moved our NVIDIA Store to a dedicated environment, with increased capacity and more bot protection. We updated the code to be more efficient on the server load. We integrated CAPTCHA to the checkout flow to help offset the use of bots. We implemented additional security protections to the store APIs. And more efforts are underway.

More Q&A in link!

I came across an ad in quikr for brand new 2080 ti selling at 45k and its the Founders edition. The guy selling this has almost 50 units. Not sure if this is a legit buy. Anyone else think otherwise ?