PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Is a 1060 3gb a significant upgrade on the 380x? (Or any upgrade at all? the 380x has 4gb ram) 

Theres someone on the forum selling one and im tempted to just upgrade that and give my system another year or so (assuming the 380x wont be enough)

Specs

I7 3770

380x

8 gb ram

db75en motherboard

550w seasonic 

9 hours ago, hussain said:

Is a 1060 3gb a significant upgrade on the 380x? (Or any upgrade at all? the 380x has 4gb ram) 

Theres someone on the forum selling one and im tempted to just upgrade that and give my system another year or so (assuming the 380x wont be enough)

Specs

I7 3770

380x

8 gb ram

db75en motherboard

550w seasonic 

380x is worse than 1060. You are looking at ~30-40% difference. Don't buy if you are looking to upgrade.

1060 is enough for another year or two. Save and get 3060 when it is out. 

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

380x is worse than 1060. You are looking at ~30-40% difference. Don't buy if you are looking to upgrade.

1060 is enough for another year or two. Save and get 3060 when it is out. 

I think he is asking if he should buy a 1060 now (and has a 380x now) and not the other way around.

• Like 1

Specs

I7 3770
380x
8 gb ram
db75en motherboard
550w seasonic 
3gb is way too less, get the 6gb version.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is 3070 also facing any issues? I plan to get that soon (within 2 months), since PS5 I'd be getting in 2022 now. Mostly I'd be gaming on a 4k 60fps monitor so I think 3070 makes sense and would be good for 2-3yrs? 

It’s touted to be slightly faster than 2080 ti but we would know that for sure once the benchmarks start popping up as we are closing towards the October 15th launch day. Yes it’s a viable option for another 3 years for 4k.
  • Thanks 1

nVidia already released Game Ready Driver 456.55

People reporting their RTX cards no longer crashing. 

3080 Gaming OC user here. Previous crashes are now eliminated and my card is still able to boost over 2Ghz, happy days.

Fixed my CTD at 2.1ghz on MSI Gaming X.

My 3090 palit no crashes more even on +200+1000 on timespy 

This new driver solves my issue. Running genshi impact at 53c at 4k with a constant clock of 2040mhz. No crashing yet

EVGA 3090 FTW owner. No crashing. No clock locking. No GPU usage locking. No need to adjust TDP power target in PX1. These drivers fixed everything.

No crashing on my FE 3080. Shoutout to all the people who said the sky was falling, they were all defective, and couldn't be fixed by a driver. Too many knee jerk reactions around here.

Previously, yes they pretty much all crashed whenever the gpu boosted past 2ghz. Now, max boost from stock default settings is 2.025, running anthem in the background it's currently at 2.010, no crashes so far (knock on wood).

OMG thank you for this RTX 3080 Gigabyte Gaming OC owner here and NO CRASHES AT STOCK anymore for now

Just to let 3080 users know that I've tested this on Horizon Zero Dawn, MW Warzone and MP and am yet to experience a crash on stock clocks. Previously I couldn't run on stock clocks for longer than 5 mins without a crash.

:clapping:

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

I called SMC international regarding gtx 3070 but they said they don't have it and don't know the price :unsure:

I don't recall seeing prices for third party boards being announced yet as product itself only launches Oct 15.