PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

19 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Every competitive gamers plays either at 1920x1020 at 144hz/165hz/240hz. Or 2560x1440 at 144hz/165hz. 

I play GG Strive at 1080p/165hz even though the monitor supports 1440p. The instant response is just *chef's kiss*

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If something can replace monitors in 90% of use cases, I count that as a replacement. 

That's a very skewed way of looking at things. PC has more than 90% of the games on consoles; using that logic, consoles don't need to exist. That logic can apply to pretty much everything and then suddenly you're Thanos. :P

20 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

lg announced C2 and oled master race just ran with it.. 

Oled tech is great and I can't wait till they show up in monitors, but this aint it chief. Its not even monitor per say, just a scaled down TV that you can double up as monitor. It doesn't have DisplayPort or USB passthrough hub or pixel overdrive, you know the stuff that makes you see images clearly at high FPS?

Unless you are playing professionally, is it worth spending money on displays with more than 4k@120

aren’t we paying too much for too little?

do majority of games run at 165hz at 1080p? Do all modern titles run at that hz?

120 is also silk and chef’s kiss no?

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Oled tech is great and I can't wait till they show up in monitors, but this aint it chief. Its not even monitor per say, just a scaled down TV that you can double up as monitor. It doesn't have DisplayPort or USB passthrough hub or pixel overdrive, you know the stuff that makes you see images clearly at high FPS?

Oled is a myth… 

And I am not a member of oled master race ?

Displayport rocks !!

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Unless you are playing professionally, is it worth spending money on displays with more than 4k@120

aren’t we paying too much for too little?

do majority of games run at 165hz at 1080p? Do all modern titles run at that hz?

120 is also silk and chef’s kiss no?

Nobody cares about 4K on PC outside of very, very small fraction of gamers. Its all about high fps and response times. A good 1440p/165hz monitor costs about 30k, C2 will cost 4 times that, and for what, 4K? Big screen? Oled? They're all at the bottom priority for PC gamers.

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Aree these are new lineups they are bringing to test the water...OLED on monitors already brought up by LG before. But they didn't sale...due to high price plus the OLED burn in issues...

You go to their Global site, all ROG gaming monitors listed there are still high frequency IPS. Means those are the monitors only that sells. I'm not against OLED mind you, I have a 55inch LG OLED tv hooked with my ps5. But Oled is there where it belongs, at living room as TV and for console gaming. For PC gaming, the tech has a long way to go to be mainstream on PC.

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Aree these are new lineups they are bringing to test the water

I was just saying that others are trying it as well. It's not LG running solo. Look at the event - it's quite a mega OLED showcase, almost moving some entire categories on OLED.