PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

12 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I had gotten rptechs offer to buy 3080ti and mrsp. Gave it up because I’m already running a 3080 build.  

There's a big batch of 3080Ti arrived. But due to being a costly card, not many gonna buy it. Previously scalpers and miners were picking it up...but as mining crashed and not being that profitable now, there's not much demand for Card like that. I only gotten it at the start of this month in this drop.

But for cards like 3070, 3070ti and 3080...the list were pretty long due to their amazing pricing, low supply high demand from gamers.

Edited by SaiKO

SCL gaming is giving Zotac 3080 for 80k with entire build. Prices of 3070 and 3070Ti are 60k and 70k but these are all with builds. Without the build, there is prices gap of 2000 to 2500 bucks.

6700 XT is now selling from 60k onwards, so it is a bit better scenario than before but it should come down further with the next gen GPU launch around the corner.

I personally see 5900x or 12700k as better CPU, from both gaming/streaming and workstation perspective.

30 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Trust me, I would be more than happy to suggest him 3070 or above in normal situation. But current GPU market isn't normal!  

Unless you getting actual MRP from RPTech, I would wholeheartedly suggest 3070, 3070Ti or 3080. Imagine 63k price for 3080 from RPTech vs the 63k for 3060ti from Market right now. That's bullshit pricing tbh.

ikr it's bullshit but RPTech queues are far too long, primeabgb had an Asus 3070 for a good price couple of weeks back but that's OOS now, these kind of good price deals are very rare now.

Btw the queue for 3080 at RPTECH is Dec 2020 😂😂😂😭

11 hours ago, RV1709 said:

I had gotten rptechs offer to buy 3080ti and mrsp. Gave it up because I’m already running a 3080 build.  

You should have got it.. did you keep the last 3080 from RP tech ?

3080 TI performance is close to 3090.. so could have easily sold the last one and got a crazy upgrade..

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

You should have got it.. did you keep the last 3080 from RP tech ?

3080 TI performance is close to 3090.. so could have easily sold the last one and got a crazy upgrade..

Yea I kept the 3080 and passed on this one. I think I had spent enough and didn’t want incremental benefits. 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:05 PM, Swunkjyn said:

SCL gaming is giving Zotac 3080 for 80k with entire build. Prices of 3070 and 3070Ti are 60k and 70k but these are all with builds. Without the build, there is prices gap of 2000 to 2500 bucks.

6700 XT is now selling from 60k onwards, so it is a bit better scenario than before but it should come down further with the next gen GPU launch around the corner.

I personally see 5900x or 12700k as better CPU, from both gaming/streaming and workstation perspective.

I just checked the latest prices, I feel currently the best value is 3060 12GB for 40k. None of the other cards seem worth the current prices.

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, RV1709 said:

Yea I kept the 3080 and passed on this one. I think I had spent enough and didn’t want incremental benefits. 

What kind of PSU are u using?

Im looking for suggestions 

750w would be sufficient. considering your cpu is turbo all the time and have many ssds and hdds. 

if cpu isnt power hungry then existing 650w-700w is enough. 3080has 320w peak TDP. Sometimes there might be slight peak over the rated tdp but still you are safe if you a 750w. No harm going for higher such as 850w even. But not required. 

my system mentioned in my signature runs with 750w. And that’s a pretty hungry system. 

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

750w would be sufficient. considering your cpu is turbo all the time and have many ssds and hdds. 

if cpu isnt power hungry then existing 650w-700w is enough. 3080has 320w peak TDP. Sometimes there might be slight peak over the rated tdp but still you are safe if you a 750w. No harm going for higher such as 850w even. But not required. 

my system mentioned in my signature runs with 750w. And that’s a pretty hungry system. 

Im looking to get a 850w

10 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

NZXT C750 80+ Gold

Can’t seem to find the 850w version 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can’t seem to find the 850w version 

Check Corsair RM850, fully modular, 80+ gold, supposedly has 10 year warranty according to this review https://m.hexus.net/tech/reviews/psu/130694-corsair-rm-series-rm850-850w/

The recent one is from 2019 onwards and has RM850 in bold white font, not yellow like previous ones, just in case you look for review, because the older ones may have different parts inside

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/corsair-rm-series-rm850-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu-cp-9020235/ costs 10.5k on primeabgb

• 5 weeks later...

Any suggestions what to buy on steam sale? I was looking for FPS or TPS but it seems like borderlands 3 and CP2077 are the only options, out of them which one to pick? 

I have played halo infinite, doom eternal, rdr2, wolfenstein2, if y'all have any other suggestions let me know

I have played :zodka:CP2077 but never completed it and the shooting is decent, dunno about BL3, I loved BL2 but that was many years back

5 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Any suggestions what to buy on steam sale? I was looking for FPS or TPS but it seems like borderlands 3 and CP2077 are the only options, out of them which one to pick? 

I have played halo infinite, doom eternal, rdr2, wolfenstein2, if y'all have any other suggestions let me know

I have played :zodka:CP2077 but never completed it and the shooting is decent, dunno about BL3, I loved BL2 but that was many years back

Both are terrific games. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

did you not pickup borderlands 3 during the EGS giveaway?

On 6/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

I don't know any good FPS or TPS as of now, but personally I want to tell about some gems that I found for pretty cheap this sale. They a couple of really good horror puzzle+ visual novel games - Spirit Hunter: Death Mark and Spirit Hunter: NG

FLU9pRLUUAMaZqj.jpg:large

IMG_2680.jpg

Also, since I remember you said somewhere that you liked Monster Hunter World, then both Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 are on sale. Dragon Ball: Kakarot is also dirt cheap on Steam at the moment.

That's all the recommendations I can think of at the moment.