PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Assuming people who will buy such card will be top of the line cabby n good air flow anyway

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

People who can buy Titan GPU usually Water cool it. Not letting manufactures make custom Pcb is another Bs of Nivida. 

2 hours ago, HEMAN said:

People who can buy Titan GPU usually Water cool it. Not letting manufactures make custom Pcb is another Bs of Nivida. 

It is mostly a way of setting limits for the AIBs. And yes, it is bullshit. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What is NVIDIA Adaptive Shading? Demystifying The Turing Feature That Boosts FPS Up To 15%

Using VRS, we created NVIDIA Adaptive Shading (NAS), which combines two forms of VRS into one content aware option, as in MachineGames’ Wolfenstein: Youngblood. In this fast first-person shooter, it can accelerate performance by up to 15%, with no perceivable visual quality loss.

• 5 weeks later...

There isnt a monitor thread iirc, so Im posting here

I'm looking for  a monito budget 15k or less, gonns buy it during the amazon sale

My PC specs are

R5 1600

16GB RAM

GTX 1660

resolution im looking at playing is 1080p

@ALPHA17

Edited by Snake

3 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

This will stretch your budget but worth it

Acer Nitro QG271 27 Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor

Thanks for the suggestion Sam, but I got the LG ultragear, got delivered today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Intel confirms that its discrete Xe GPUs will release in 2020 and will support Ray Tracing

Intel has confirmed at its Developer Conference ‘IDC’ 2019 in Tokyo that its new discrete Xe GPUs will release in 2020. Moreover, the blue team confirmed that these GPUs will support Ray Tracing, something that will please a lot of gamers.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/intel-confirms-that-its-discrete-xe-gpus-will-release-in-2020-and-will-support-ray-tracing/

Intel confirms that its discrete Xe GPUs will release in 2020 and will support Ray Tracing

Intel has confirmed at its Developer Conference ‘IDC’ 2019 in Tokyo that its new discrete Xe GPUs will release in 2020. Moreover, the blue team confirmed that these GPUs will support Ray Tracing, something that will please a lot of gamers.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/intel-confirms-that-its-discrete-xe-gpus-will-release-in-2020-and-will-support-ray-tracing/
This is very interesting, with Nvidia also moving to 7nm next year along with Navi 2 from AMD and new console launches I think next year is the absolute best year to upgrade your gfx card.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

This is very interesting, with Nvidia also moving to 7nm next year along with Navi 2 from AMD and new console launches I think next year is the absolute best year to upgrade your gfx card.

2021 Will be better, reduced price and better performance. That can be said for year but for people still using GTX 10 series like I'll wait a year more. RT still runs like crap on RTX cards.

The GTX 10 series are very good, they are serving well to their owners. Glad to know intel and AMD pumping up in GPU section. We'll be having good ranges of GPU when new generation of consoles arrives. 
2021 Will be better, reduced price and better performance. That can be said for year but for people still using GTX 10 series like I'll wait a year more. RT still runs like crap on RTX cards.
True that, I am a fellow 10 series card owner and none of the current cards are worth upgrading to. Still waiting for a massive performance jump to move on to the next generation which we hopefully will see after the new consoles launch

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for GPU upgrade with my current configuration 

CPU - i5 4690 
MB - GIGABYTE B85M-D3H-A
GPU - GTX 970
PSU - Seasonic S12 II 520 W
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 
CASE - NZXT S340

I'm mostly looking for RX 5700 XT but could explore GTX 2070 Super if price is not a difference.The confusion I had are :-

• How much of CPU Throttling can i expect playing at 1440p and 4K (in some games)
  • How good would be the PSU looking at the specs it has 
    •    One cable with one six-pin video card power connector (21 ¼” or 54 cm long).
    •    One cable with one six/eight-pin video card power connector (21 5/8” or 55 cm long).
  • Would any card would fit in my current case with my current motherboard ?
  •  Lastly which brand can i look for I'm not really looking for extreme performance like PowerColor Red Devil which is very expensive.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nvidia Ampere (RTX 3xxx) 50% faster than current Turing GPUs at half the power consumption

As reported by the Taipei Times, Yuanta Securities Investment Consulting Co has some very juicy details on Nvidia's next-generation GeForce (codenamed Ampere) graphics cards. According to the firm, Ampere will allegedly deliver up to 50% higher performance than current Turing at half the power consumption.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ampere-purportedly-50-faster-than-turing-at-half-the-power-consumption

Nice

Nvidia Ampere (RTX 3xxx) 50% faster than current Turing GPUs at half the power consumption

As reported by the Taipei Times, Yuanta Securities Investment Consulting Co has some very juicy details on Nvidia's next-generation GeForce (codenamed Ampere) graphics cards. According to the firm, Ampere will allegedly deliver up to 50% higher performance than current Turing at half the power consumption.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ampere-purportedly-50-faster-than-turing-at-half-the-power-consumption

Nice
For me this is too good to be true. But if it actually turns out to be correct it will be unbelievably good.

Does AMD have anything to challenge this? They are already on 7nm and still not able to match Nvidia. Not sure if the upcoming big Navi will change that.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

For me this is too good to be true. But if it actually turns out to be correct it will be unbelievably good.

Does AMD have anything to challenge this? They are already on 7nm and still not able to match Nvidia. Not sure if the upcoming big Navi will change that.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

It has to be much faster than Turing since they are pushing ray tracing.