PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

The fact that he thinks that AMD cards price-gouge a customer.

$650 for the Fury X is damn good value. Already pulling ahead of the GTX980Ti (its closest competitor) and the TITAN X.

I really hope, 20nm has become feasible or the GPU industry moves onto a FinFET node.

All benchmarks, you are closing to 60fps on most of them at ULTRA details.

I would give another year or two of hardware releases to standardise 4K.

i dont think amd price gouges anyone

but you cant deny Fury X 2(dual gpu card,successor to r9 295x2,2 Fury X chips on a small a*s board with water cooling and all) is going to be expensive if one fury x costs $650

socho dual gpu card w/ fancy liquid cooling ka kitna hoga :eyepop:

R9 FURY X 2

AMD-Radeon-R9-Fury-X2-Dual-Fiji-GPU-Grap

Edited by PhantomShade

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Demoed at 12K Resolution, 60 FPS in Dirt Rally Eyefinity Setup

This AMD Eyefinity demo was conducted in 2013 with three R9 290Xs running the now-aged Dirt 3. These days however, a single Fury X is happily running the latest installment – something not even the dual GPU R9 295X2 could have achieved (45-50 fps is what AMD’s official numbers for this configuration are)

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-fury-x-tested-12k-60fps/#ixzz3dZieWB5D

Edited by BIG RED MACHINE

but you cant deny Fury X 2(dual gpu card,successor to r9 295x2,2 Fury X chips on a small a*s board with water cooling and all) is going to be expensive if one fury x costs $650

socho dual gpu card w/ fancy liquid cooling ka kitna hoga :eyepop:

It would still be better value than the TITAN X.

Hi guys,

So, at this point in time, with the Fury card being released by AMD, etc., what would you guys suggest a guy (me) who was interested in getting a GTX 970?

Should I wait for a price cut or should I now be looking at an entirely different card?

Wait for the pricing on the Fury to be revealed, if it is say ~5000/- bucks more than the GTX970, go for that anything higher and you can stick with a GTX970.

• Like 1

Wait for the pricing on the Fury to be revealed, if it is say ~5000/- bucks more than the GTX970, go for that anything higher and you can stick with a GTX970.

Thanx Alpha. By the way, there should be a GTX 970 price cut coming up right? coz of the upcoming Fury cards?

India almost never gets reactive price cuts for hardware. Prices slowly decrease until the card itself is obsolete.

And while official benchmarks aren't available, whatever we've heard so far puts the AMD offerings competitively positioned in both price and performance. I don't think the 970 will get a price drop. The 980 might but that's not great value for money to begin with.

• Like 1

Thanx Alpha. By the way, there should be a GTX 970 price cut coming up right? coz of the upcoming Fury cards?

Do as Alpha said or Get R9 390x which will cost same or cheaper than gtx 970 i think

• Like 1

India almost never gets reactive price cuts for hardware. Prices slowly decrease until the card itself is obsolete.

And while official benchmarks aren't available, whatever we've heard so far puts the AMD offerings competitively positioned in both price and performance. I don't think the 970 will get a price drop. The 980 might but that's not great value for money to begin with.

Do as Alpha said or Get R9 390x which will cost same or cheaper than gtx 970 i think

Thanx a lot guys for your input. Really appreciate it :)

R9-390X is a rebadged R9-290X, might as well get the latter. Save some monies and get a mature custom board design.

390x priced lower than 970 in india ??

Somehow i doubt that.

Makes little sense to get a R9-390X in the current times and if you are going to stick to 1080p gaming.

Also, pricing wise, it would be close if not launched at the same MSRP as GTX970.

Makes little sense to get a R9-390X in the current times and if you are going to stick to 1080p gaming.

Also, pricing wise, it would be close if not launched at the same MSRP as GTX970.

The extra memory i think would only come into play at 4k and at those res,i doubt one 390x is adequate,in any case.

Btw ,how legit does this look..

http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/asus-announces-strix-r9-390x-r9-390-r9-380-and-r7-370-in-india-271340.html

R9-390X is a rebadged R9-290X, might as well get the latter. Save some monies and get a mature custom board design.

Also, pricing wise, ir would be close if not launched at the same MSRP as GTX970.

but dat 8GB GDDR5

atleast there won't be that nagging thought in the head

"will 3.5gb be enough for FO4 & GTAV Mods :panic: "

The extra memory i think would only come into play at 4k and at those res,i doubt one 390x is adequate,in any case.

Btw ,how legit does this look..

http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/asus-announces-strix-r9-390x-r9-390-r9-380-and-r7-370-in-india-271340.html

all official Asus India news is posted on their webssite here

Naah! It is still a better performer than a GTX970 / 980.

but dat 8GB GDDR5

atleast there won't be that nagging thought in the head

"will 3.5gb be enough for FO4 & GTAV Mods :panic: "

I dont honestly think 4 gb vram would be any issue for anything other than 4k gaming and for 4k gaming you shouldnt be looking at a single 390x anyway.

I would have honestly been interested in 390x ,had it been based on tonga (gcn 1.3)

That would have been a much more interesting product.

AMD have been disappointing.

Edited by Razpor

You don't need 4K monitor to play in 4K, you can do downsampling now on AMD cards so run those game in 4K or 1440p and downsample to 1080p for crisp non-aliased image without actually using any AA. 290X OC could run most games 1440p@60fps except when it ran into memory bottlenecks, so 390X is excellent choice for $400 if you run all games in DS mode, which you should if you only have 1080p tv/monitor.

• Like 2

Naah! It is still a better performer than a GTX970 / 980.

Its a better performer than 970 but it is just as good a performer as a 980.

I havent come across anything where it comprehensively beats a stock 980.1-2 fpshere or there at best.

And thats without taking the overclock headroom of 980 into account.

But thats beyond point 980 isnt really a value product anyway.

Edited by Razpor