PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Screenshot_20200610-121902.png

Oh yeah, article is over 2080 Ti. The image confused. 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73035/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-rumors-up-to-60-90-faster-than-2080-ti/index.html

Still massive. Wonder where 3070 still settle at. 
While its good to see these top end models. It would be exciting to see how more mainstream models like 3070 and 3060 perform compared to last gen. If I remember correctly the 1060 was faster than the 980. I am hoping something similar where the 3060 is faster than 2080

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Keano said:

just release the 30 series cards already

I haven't been paying much attention to the developments on the PC side of things lately, but the 30 series cards are gonna be coming out? 

Thats quick, it seems like yesterday when the 20 series cards dropped....

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yeah, seems to be. 

I saw 3090 Ti rumor. Crazy if true. 60-90% performance over 3080/Ti.. 

a 60-90% performance bump over the current series card is gonna be huge. I hope price bump is not proportionate to performance bump 

Projected price on the 3060?

Edited by Chirag2001

11 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

When is AMD gonna come out with the RDNA2 cards? I'm more interested in them, and hoping them to be better, since the PS5/XSX will have the same. 

AMD said that you will see the RDNA2 cards on store shelves before the next gen consoles, so assuming they release next-gen in late , probably this year we will get RDNA2.

7 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Projected price on the 3060?

Unknown, but i'd guess it would cost same as the 2060 SUPER now, something like 35K.

Nvidia first releases the high end cards, mid end cards like xx60 will probably be released in late 2021 if this year we get the 3080 3070 Ampere cards

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15839/electromigration-amd-ryzen-current-boosting-wont-kill-your-cpu

This article is proof of there doesn't simply exist some startling misconceptions amongst the wider audience and community consisting of enthusiastic engineers and consumers considering that it was written to accommodate the same who dogmatically believe that there it is engineeringly feasible to correlate publicly marketed processor specifications such as PPT, TDC & EDT with a scientific concept like electromigration. What cannot be forgiven is the grossly inaccurate assumption that poor power factor as a result lacklustre motherboard design that also is assumed to be consistent across motherboard vendors and CPU vendor engineering teams when finalising the TDP values for their respective power states. If this is representative of the present state of communication between CPU vendor marketing teams and the consumer audience, then I wonder how long it might take the enthusiast community to actually realise the difference in idealogy between Intel and AMD, where AMD resorts to a somewhat engineeringly unintuitive chiplet design strategy BUT compensates by implementing an incredibly optimised voltage sub-domain ISA for their chiplets alone while Intel sticks to the tried-and-tested monolithic design while opting to defer from publicly marketing majority of its voltage sub-domain ISA optimisations for its SRAM core resulting in smaller but faster SRAM caches. The problem with AMDs strategy is that from a purely marketing perspective it is too much to digest considering that monolithic chip designs have largely been accepted as the successful marketing strategy for intergenerational chip designs when compared to AMDs chiplet + 2xIO die design. It should be noted that the same faster SRAM cache on a larger node that Intel sells, all the while remaining competitive with AMD CPUs that are created on a node that is considered to be a generation ahead, is very telling of the glaring differences in engineering intuition between the actual engineers and the enthusiast consumers. Although, for this to happen the enthusiast community has to first acknowledge that desktop CPU vendors have long since been designing their CPUs with optimised cores and caches that safely outpace improvements in the evolution of data selector prefetches of DRAM technology.

45 minutes ago, pArth said:

So Im gonna start building a PC now that the lockdown is over.  Is there a dedicated PC building thread or can just ask my questions here?

PC gaming thread

Edited by harjas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rumor
Nvidia is discontinuing the GeForce RTX 2070, RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2080 Super, and RTX 2080 Ti
Seems like of foolish of them to considering that Ampere is on a new node and the efficiency would not be that high for wafers. Not to mention all the unsold inventory.

Or maybe the performance of Ampere is so good that it makes the previous gen absolute like Pascal did. But I highly doubt that.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...