PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

So going by the trend 3060 will be 40k? Absolutely nuts that xx60 series is so expensive now. I will stay with my 2060 super for the time being. 

Wonder what Nvidia will name 1660 series now. 1670, 1680 etc?

I believe there's no 3060

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

They are not the target audience. People who have 8K setup won't worry about it and will be sold out. 

Also, 8K isn't a thing yet. Card is there just to show 8K gaming is possible in future. 

Control runs at 10FPS at 8K 3090 without DLSS. 

For daily gamer 3060/3070 is more than enough. 

If anything that shows deep learning tech is a freaking game changer.

6 hours ago, Engineer said:

Excited  after seeing Ampere cards reveal but immediately got sad because next gen consoles again limit the potential of games to take the full power of ampere cards I wish Sony and Microsoft fit a 3090 for next gen consoles

People with their puny 1060/570 cards will limit it more lol. Hopefully the floor will get raised with new consoles, but for couple of years at least the minimum spec is going to be lower than next-gen console spec.

8 hours ago, Keano said:

Is it worth upgrading from 1080 to a 3080, what I am paying vs performance gain? 

3080 is the best value card and from 1080 you'll be getting a decent performance jump. Also, good time to upgrade as new game will ask for more power. 

Seems people are forgetting - the prices are for the Founders Edition Cards. People generally don't buy Founders Edition. For the After-market version (Zotac/Gigabyte/EVGA/Asus etc.) you have to add another 10k or so to the price. Plus whatever PSU upgrade would be needed.

For me personally, consoles are still first preference. Consoles will still have exclusives and despite Sony's "Commitment to bring 1st parties to PC" it will still be only maybe 1 in 5 games, which will come 3 years later and with pathetic optimization to boot. 3rd party exclusives like Persona 5 are another matter altogether. But for me, even consoles are not Day 1. Let people beta test all the technologies, and I will get whenever possible in future.

32 minutes ago, roun90 said:

For the After-market version (Zotac/Gigabyte/EVGA/Asus etc.) you have to add another 10k or so to the price. Plus whatever PSU upgrade would be needed.

Depends which branch tbh. Galax and Inno are usually cheaper than founders cards. Zotac also has a huge range with some cards cheaper and some more expensive. 

Your point stands for gigabyte and asus. almost always more expensive. 

Edited by dylanjosh

if i had 50k just lying around i would have got the 3070 FE.

With a card like that you will be set for the next 3-4 years ez.

Also hope DLSS2.0 takes off and becomes widely supported.

Getting PS5 at launch is a bad idea imo, 50K price, 1 year of crossgen games, 5K a pop games, unpolished, un refined system software with features missing etc.

Better get the "PS5 Slim" or PS5 Pro whatever it is called in 3 years.

Or better yet no PS5 at all because Sony exclusives will come to PC in 3 years :P

Good i don't have that kind of paisa to spend anyway :fear:

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

if i had 50k just lying around i would have got the 3070 FE.

With a card like that you will be set for the next 3-4 years ez.

Also hope DLSS2.0 takes off and becomes widely supported.

Getting PS5 at launch is a bad idea imo, 50K price, 1 year of crossgen games, 5K a pop games, unpolished, un refined system software with features missing etc.

Better get the "PS5 Slim" or PS5 Pro whatever it is called in 3 years.

Or better yet no PS5 at all because Sony exclusives will come to PC in 3 years :P

Good i don't have that kind of paisa to spend anyway :fear:

My 1070 served me very well bought it back in 2016. Best money that I have ever spent on a hardware. Hopefully will grab RTX 3070 soon.