PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Just now, SRINI87 said:

It's two fans on 3090

one on the front & the other behind

Oh thanks, thought both were same 1 fan for some reason!! Still it seems that card is going to need a new Motherboard. Seems different than the current card which uses the PCI e16 slot. So pony up for new card + new M/B if anyone is interested I guess

9 minutes ago, Keano said:

will be grossly overpriced :samui:

what do you guys think be US prices will be for a 3080 and 3090 

Rumor is

3090 @$1400

3080 @ $800

3070@$599

3060@$399

They will probably slot in 3080Ti for $1000 next year

1 hour ago, adity said:

3090 is gonna be a prestige card right? Like the Titan? In which case it's going to be poor value for most people. 

It is a "non-gaming" card used for "non-gaming" purposes by professional doing "important computational work". But people are not chu, we know it only exists to make the rest of the lineup look like bargain bin or best value card. There's nothing best value about 45k entry level GPU.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

It is a "non-gaming" card used for "non-gaming" purposes by professional doing "important computational work". But people are not chu, we know it only exists to make the rest of the lineup look like bargain bin or best value card. There's nothing best value about 45k entry level GPU.

It is also the budget, cheapest "non-gaming" card, for those who can't use the proper equipment. Quadro cards - which are the real cards used for GFX Designing cost $5000+. What is Titan/x90 for gaming is the bargain bin, low value card for all those involved in actual "Important Computational Work"/ "GFX Design" and all.

Titan is basically nowhere, if you actually consider it. No Value proposition for gamers, and Laptop Grade Entry Card for GFX Designers.

Edited by roun90

21 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It is also the budget, cheapest "non-gaming" card, for those who can't use the proper equipment. Quadro cards - which are the real cards used for GFX Designing cost $5000+. What is Titan/x90 for gaming is the bargain bin, low value card for all those involved in actual "Important Computational Work"/ "GFX Design" and all.

Titan is basically nowhere, if you actually consider it. No Value proposition for gamers, and Laptop Grade Entry Card for GFX Designers.

Titan or 3090 whatever has always been peen measurement among gamers, for video editing or  3d rendering work people's companies will buy them Quadro based workstations, which is why the insane price.

AMD walas need to do something, or Nvidia needs to put DLSS in every game

If 45k is cost for "value card" i'll continue to play at 1080p then, thanks nvidia.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Best value  in the current line up (cost/fps) is the 1660 super

1660S is new refresh card. Not even a year old. 

Mid-range: 

• GeForce GTX 1650 Super
  • GeForce GTX 1660
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Good if you play at 1080p really. 

x70 is nice if you play above 1080p/60fps+. They are usually high-end bracket while x80/Titan at enthusiast $$$ range.  

Heck, beginning of PS4 gen, we had 970 for 25k - 30k and 980 ti (Highest "extreme" card) for 45k-50k. Miners and NVidia's greed f**ked the market big time. 1080ti price was also 55-60k, but surged to 70k-80k range very fast, 2080ti started with 1 lakh+. And now we are talking of seriously mid-range, "OK,meh" cards for the 70k Price Range. GPU Market is pathetic.

From a value perspective, having a PS5 + a normal (Old) GPU PC that can run indies/RTS/MMOs/ARPGs etc + Switch is the best value that gets you covered.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

From a value perspective, having a PS5 + a normal (Old) GPU PC that can run indies/RTS/MMOs/ARPGs etc + Switch is the best value that gets you covered.

This is what im going for. using my old GTX 1060 brought for 9k absolute steal for that amount. And will get ps5 for next gen . Current GPU prices are crap. Hope nvidia also faces the heat just like INTEL did.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Heck, beginning of PS4 gen, we had 970 for 25k - 30k and 980 ti (Highest "extreme" card) for 45k-50k. Miners and NVidia's greed f**ked the market big time. 1080ti price was also 55-60k, but surged to 70k-80k range very fast, 2080ti started with 1 lakh+. And now we are talking of seriously mid-range, "OK,meh" cards for the 70k Price Range. GPU Market is pathetic.

58 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I bought R9 290 for 18k in 2014, flashed it to 290x and OC'd by +30% on water. Best VFM ever. There was no game it couldn't ultra at 1440p/60 with 4x MSAA. Nvidia fked over the GPU market so badly its actually impressive.

I know Ngreedia is most harami computer company in existence, but this is exactly what happens when the rival/competition is a joke.

like Intel vs pre-Ryzen AMD

Sony PS vs Xbox currently

Modi vs Pappu :P

I just hope AMD GPU division gits gud, i want to feel VFM once again. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I know Ngreedia is most harami computer company in existence, but this is exactly what happens when the rival/competition is a joke.

like Intel vs pre-Ryzen AMD

Sony PS vs Xbox currently

Modi vs Pappu :P

I just hope AMD GPU division gits gud, i want to feel VFM once again. :(

Well, Sony did give us it's absolute 2 best gens when it was absolutely steam-rolling the competition. PS2 Gen and PS4 gen, almost no competition from the beginning - but games were absolute bonkers and kept coming. When there was the X360 competition however, the gen was mostly experimental - trying and failing with new tech, new IPs etc.

Well, X360 competition was MS leveraging it's "Trillion Dollar Economy" (Also called Windows Division and Uninformed Share-holders) to keep money-hatteing 3rd parties, while closing all in-house studios, but still failing. (Kinda sore about how they closed both Ensemble Studios and Lionhead Studios. Original Age of Empires was one of my most favourite games ever)

Edited by roun90