What Remains of Edith Finch.

KnackChap

So basically, you would have liked if this game wasn't even made so that all gamers would have got the equal opportunity to not play the game?

Bhai rehne de pc Ka Nasha aankho main basa..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

An elegiac, memorable and affecting tale of the misfortunes suffered by the members of a deeply eccentric family.

The broader message, of the power stories can hold over generations and the way in which those stories can be not only instructive but also restrictive, is fully earned. This is studied, careful world-building and storytelling, and the spell it succeeds in casting is quite unlike that of any game that has come before.

Recommended - Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-24-what-remains-of-edith-finch-review

In What Remains of Edith Finch, death is a certainty and life is the surprise. Its stories are enchanting, despite their unhappy ends. I was sad I never had the chance to know the Finches while they were alive, but thankful for the opportunity, however brief, to learn a bit about them. The final farewell left me crying, but What Remains of Edith Finch is, without doubt, love.

9/10 - Polygon

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/24/15403104/what-remains-of-edith-finch-review

A hallmark of excellence. It may have some flaws, but they are negligible to what is otherwise a supreme title.

9/10 - Destructoid

https://www.destructoid.com/review-what-remains-of-edith-finch-432508.phtml

Juggling multiple perspectives and thoughtful reflections, What Remains of Edith Finch is an excellent example of what makes games unique as a storytelling medium.

8.75/10 - Game Informer

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/what_remains_of_edith_finch/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/24/what-remains-of-edith-finch-game-informer-review.aspx

Now this is just too much. PS4 is churning out 85+ meta exclusives after exclusives. I don't have this much time man.

Releasing on STEAM as well tomorrow.

• Like 1

Is this a Walking Simulator game like Gone home?

Although I feel that the term 'Walking simulator' is slightly derogatory, this game is similar to Gone Home, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch and Virginia.

Looking for a short game to play between now and Prey. So, this, Little Nightmares or Outlast II?

What Remains of Edith Finch and Little Nightmares are 2-3 hours long and Outlast 2 is around 10 hours long. All 3 can be finished before Prey gets released (5 May).

Alright, just finished the game. Took me about 2 hours but man what an experience! I strongly advise you to not read/watch anything about it if you're planning on playing. It's best to discover it for yourself. The setup is more or less similar to Gone Home but it does some very interesting things. You can tell the game was made with great care, the writing / voice acting is perfect, the soundtrack is beautiful, hell, even the end credits are some of the best I've ever seen.

Do note that while overall it's a somber game, a couple of sections in the game got to me real bad. One of those actually almost made me cry and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

• Like 3

I could yeah, how long is it? I've already bought Little Nightmares which along with Nioh's latest content update should keep me busy.

Just a little over 10 hours depending on how much you explore.