Xbox 360 disc tray not opening.

StormShadow

Hello everyone,

I have a xbox360 purchased on day 1 of its launch in India. So pretty old. Have got it replaced a few times for RROD problem.

Currently I'm facing an issue of the disc tray not opening. I can try to open it manually as per the instructions on the internet, but I need a permanent solution. Does Microsoft provide any support for such old consoles? What would be the best step? Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

i had mine replaced about 7 times though only 1time i ever had rrod as it was always the dvd drive that caused me problems.... my current 360 has the same problem and i called them up more than year ago for replacement but at that time they said that they couldnt replace me a new one as my 360 was the original 20g pro and they had none..

edit- maybe u can call them up and try again now but lie to them that u have rrod but i simply didnt bother again as i went digital and my discs are just collecting dust now

I called them up. But didn't lie about RROD because i don't think any consoles which are running now, can ever have that problem.

I just told i was facing the disc tray problem, and was told that microsoft doesn't provide any service to out of warranty consoles at the moment.

As there is no service or replacement for out of warranty consoles, i think the only option is the local repair guy (which i don't trust) , or some jugaad at home (which is what i did). But that isn't a permanent fix i guess.

P.S : i too have replaced the console 2 times in the early period for RROD issue.

Edit : How did you go digital with just 20GB space?

Cheers.

I called them up. But didn't lie about RROD because i don't think any consoles which are running now, can ever have that problem.

I just told i was facing the disc tray problem, and was told that microsoft doesn't provide any service to out of warranty consoles at the moment.

As there is no service or replacement for out of warranty consoles, i think the only option is the local repair guy (which i don't trust) , or some jugaad at home (which is what i did). But that isn't a permanent fix i guess.

P.S : i too have replaced the console 2 times in the early period for RROD issue.

Edit : How did you go digital with just 20GB space?

Cheers.

thats why i told you to lie about rrod... i bought mine in 2006 indian launch day and had mine replaced 8times and my last replacement was 2years ago.. my warranty expired in 2008 so it wasnt that problem but anyways the last time i tried this lie again didnt work as they simply didnt have any original xbox anymore.. so wouldnt have worked anyways

and i have multiple 32gb sandisk 3.0 pendrives that i use with my 360 but can just connect only two at a time...also load times are actually better than the hdd

thats why i told you to lie about rrod... i bought mine in 2006 indian launch day and had mine replaced 8times and my last replacement was 2years ago.. my warranty expired in 2008 so it wasnt that problem but anyways the last time i tried this lie again didnt work as they simply didnt have any original xbox anymore.. so wouldnt have worked anyways

and i have multiple 32gb sandisk 3.0 pendrives that i use with my 360 but can just connect only two at a time...also load times are actually better than the hdd

they should come out with like new xbox for 50% scheme like sony does for out of warranty consoles, otherwise after warranty are we supposed to dump the faulty consoles as there are no repair centers in india, just imagine if xbone goes faulty on 13 month, then do we buy a new one for 35k and dump the previous one?

they should come out with like new xbox for 50% scheme like sony does for out of warranty consoles, otherwise after warranty are we supposed to dump the faulty consoles as there are no repair centers in india, just imagine if xbone goes faulty on 13 month, then do we buy a new one for 35k and dump the previous one?

They had a great replacement scheme and they still have it for the latest 360's just not for the original ones anymore.. I am talking about the 2005 360's and they supported free placements till 2013... I mean come on now that's really long term support for a tech device that too for free

thats why i told you to lie about rrod...

Thanks...I will try again after a few days with rrod issue. I was actually told that they are reinventing their policy for out of warranty consoles and I may check back in a week for any updates.

Weird. My console was out of warranty too but they replaced it. It had the same issue. It's an Arcade model. Maybe they replaced it because I've never had it replaced before.

When was this?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived