f0dbaf9c_o.jpeg

609ce481_o.jpeg

a8d0719b_o.jpeg

362f9eb9_o.jpeg

2782cb37_l.jpeg

2e69f054_l.jpeg

2194ecc6_l.jpeg

b63f1145_l.jpeg

At night the whole valley was covered with stars , This was one of the most beautiful moment of my life , cold winds blowing on , sipping chai and having noodles , just the twinkling of stars and pitach dark night . I was completely aw struck for few minutes . Tried taking few shots but couldn't capture anything as i had no idea how to take photos at night . We missed chandratal lake as one guy couldn't trek , but next year we might come here again combined with leh .

• Like 1

Dang amazing pics Spearhead. What camera is this? For night shots you need tripod, and to capture landscape with stars you need to use bulb mode. Close down aperture to minimum (around f16), lowest ISO possible and experiment with shutter speed.

Made up my mind, getting an A7Rii soon when it launches in India. Its been 8 years since I switched to DSLR and the tech has basically remained where it was back then. Its time to move on to something more exciting.

For lenses I've narrowed down to Zeiss Loxia 35mm and Zeiss Batis 85mm. Loxia is manual focus only but extremely sharp (from the samples) and small in size. Now to source it from abroad is another matter altogether.

CC .. The tech will not get u better pics :P

Why not? It'll certainly make the life lot easier. Cheap DSLRs are either dead or dying, point n shoot and micro 4/3rds are almost as good if not better. DSLRs used to be better at AF but mirrorless has caught up to it. Only trick left in DSLR bag is full frame prosumer stuff so they keep rehashing same sh*t. I was waiting for 5DIII successor but then they came out with that stupid-a*s 50MP camera with everything else still same as old stuff.

^^ u have a 5D MK3 right ? That is as superior as a Sony . I know a canon lens that beats any other in sharpness even wide open .

The 50 1.2? And if it does you can use it with Sony. The best part about mirrorless is you can use practically any lens with it, including Leica M, Zeiss, Canon, even those legacy Nikon lenses that Nikon itself doesn't support anymore. Sometimes you lose AF but AF is for chumps anyway :P

Sometimes u lose flash.. flash is for chumps anyways

Sometimes you lose bracketing.. bracketing is for even bigger chumps anyways.

Sometimes you lose composure.. composure is for this big [ ] chumps. :harhar:

To each situations its preferences. U cant tell someone shooting sports that AF is for chumps. He might choke you.

If you have time to compose your shots, then you are good Without AF.

• 1 month later...

Reviving the thread. All the pics can be found on my Flickr page (See signature)

Strength (Canning-West bengal)

21569767414_4ebd9ffeb8_h.jpg

Bottled

22152809145_e1d96ee188_b.jpg

Fancy Rider (Canning-West bengal)

21965731849_434bc70e6f_k.jpg

Sunshine (Sunderbans- West bengal)

21479841394_ee3916fae3_k.jpg

Edited by LagWarriorZergey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Disclaimer: I have never owned a DSLR

So a colleague of mine is selling a Nikon D90 with a 18-105 lens for 25k. The camera and lens is in pretty good condition. I have been playing with it over the weekend - feels nice. Should I buy it?

Or should I get something like a D5300 which is about 36k? Any other suggestions?

Disclaimer: I have never owned a DSLR

So a colleague of mine is selling a Nikon D90 with a 18-105 lens for 25k. The camera and lens is in pretty good condition. I have been playing with it over the weekend - feels nice. Should I buy it?

Or should I get something like a D5300 which is about 36k? Any other suggestions?

Check d shutter count. D90 is better as it have inbuilt af motor. So non af lens will be cheaper...

How do I check that?

Also, what about image quality? The D90 is 6 years old. Is it still better than the D5300? or the Canon 700D?

D7000 i guess is the proper successor of d90. They both have inbuilt auto-focus motor. If you happen to check the Nikon lenses, there will be a 'D' and 'G' variant. For eg, 50mm 1.8D and 50mm 1.8G . The D works with d90. It wont work with d5300. Canon, however is another story. d90 is still considered a benchmark though.

To check the shutter count, there are some free softwares. Take a snap and open the photo in that software and it will show the respective count of that picture.

Edited by akhilgopal