The Photography Thread!

DaftSmiley

depending on what you mean by flexible on the cost, u could range from an entry level (D3300, D5300, D5500) or a semi pro like (D7000) or go full blown full frame with the D750.

Choice is yours.

Only speaking of nikon since that's the brand i use.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Guys, some advice please. Thinking about getting my first DSLR.

Will use it primarily for photography during travels.

I just got the d5300 with the kit lens.. Also picked up a 35mm prime .. I'd say go for Nikon if you are looking at a starting stage .. And get a prime lens too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Guys i have a canon 500D, age old DSLR.

TIme to upgrade, so please suggest what are good cameras in the market right now. I do not want entry level, but a mid level. With Canon i had only bought one extra lens, so i do not mind shifting to Nikon if there is something good there.

Is there a specific reason you are looking to upgrade? Like is the 500D not cutting it in somewhere? Because honestly, you are probably better off getting a good lens than getting a new camera. The 500D should still be really decent.

• 2 months later...

Photos from my 10 day jaipur-leh-srinagar-jaipur trip. Total kms 3477 on my pulsar 135. This time its snowed like crazy and we coudnt do kardungla and pangong tso. The snow was 5-6 inches on those roads and it was difficult to drive there. Will complete those two next year. All in all amazing trip and incredible 10 days of my life. Leh ladakah is magical and too on a bike. Full album here if anyone interested

JmEkMyt.jpg

85LmKQm.jpg

U3oR571.jpg

wh2xJTd.jpg

DPPO7fi.jpg

yUowz6o.jpg

0eUe7q6.jpg

CT0jUoq.jpg

hHqgxuK.jpg

• Like 7

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, a little help please.

I am thinking of buying a 50mm prime lens for Nikon D5300 and I do not want to buy a brand new one. So, are there any reliable shops in Delhi or any online store where I can find a used one at a decent price?

On 1/12/2018 at 12:11 PM, him2anshu said:

Hey guys, a little help please.

I am thinking of buying a 50mm prime lens for Nikon D5300 and I do not want to buy a brand new one. So, are there any reliable shops in Delhi or any online store where I can find a used one at a decent price?

There is a Nikon store in MG road mall that does trade ins. I dont think they sell used ones though. 

Your best bet is OLX. Or JJMehta forum. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 12:44 AM, Aftrunner said:

There is a Nikon store in MG road mall that does trade ins. I dont think they sell used ones though. 

Your best bet is OLX. Or JJMehta forum. 

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check out the store.

Like I said, they dont sell used ones though. I think they offered me like 3-4000 for my kit lens way back when.

Your best bet for used is definitely JJmehta forum. 

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

When it comes to selling used stuff, its basically to photography what IVG is for games. 

Or OLX but OLX sellers are f**king idiots when it comes to pricing. Selling this used stuff for basically what it costs for a new one on Amazon. 

Edited by Aftrunner

46 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Like I said, they dont sell used ones though. I think they offered me like 3-4000 for my kit lens way back when.

Your best bet for used is definitely JJmehta forum. 

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

When it comes to selling used stuff, its basically to photography what IVG is for games. 

Or OLX but OLX sellers are f**king idiots when it comes to pricing. Selling this used stuff for basically what it costs for a new one on Amazon. 

Yeah, I did make an account on JJmehta forum, been browsing there for an hour. Pricing and all looks good. I would never go for OLX though.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I assume that a part of the community interested in photography here must have an Instagram page.

So I think it would be a good idea to share our Instagram handles on this topic, then we would be easily able to share our work with IVG community efficiently.

We will be able to see great content and also help others page grow as well by posting honest opinions, pooling our knowledge and following them.

It just seems sad to see this topic stagnate. Anyone interested, please share, it might kick a new life into this.

4 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Instagram for photography LULZ.

Use flickr.

Flickr is definitely better for photography but there is no denying that Instagram, probably has the biggest user base, from avid photographers to general users. And ease of use is a plus.

Anyways the idea is not insta bound, people should post their flickr pages if they have invested in it instead.