The Photography Thread!

DaftSmiley

1 hour ago, Anshul said:

@Bird Bird Bird is that the z6ii ?

The last pic is Z6ii. All others are XT4 with 16-55. Unfortunately I wasn't able to carry Z6ii to places where I carried XT4 (had Nikon on weekdays, Fuji on weekend). All RAW edited. 

Will edit some more Z6ii pics and share. I do love the Fuji skin color science (that hint of magenta) vs Nikon's accurate colors. 

Unfortunately had some blurred shots of kids with XT4 and 16-55 f2.8 combo, that too in good lighting. Not sure if issue was with me or face AF. Nikon seemed a hit everytime, even inside the home (and comparatively challenging light). 

However, XT4 combo is just lighter to carry in public vs Nikon. 

Still as confused as ever. :lol:

Nikon's RAW is easily editable to get similar tones are Fuji, but it's never the same (with my limited skill). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, Anshul said:

You should consider getting the Canon R7 :fear1: The autofocus is on par with the very best.

I've never ever used a Canon. Always found the build quality to be toyish. R7 is APSC, right ? 

Honestly worth giving it a try ? Can rent for a few days. 

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

@Bird Bird Bird CaptureOne has a free version for Fuji files. Its pretty intuitive and has tons of beginner-friendly, yet powerful, features. 

I'm using DXO PL5. C1 only has express edition for free. I don't think it does layers etc ? Does it do masking? The usual C1 went subscription like Adobe. Sigh. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've never ever used a Canon. Always found the build quality to be toyish. R7 is APSC, right ? 

Honestly worth giving it a try ? Can rent for a few days. 

I'm using DXO PL5. C1 only has express edition for free. I don't think it does layers etc ? Does it do masking? The usual C1 went subscription like Adobe. Sigh. 

yeah, naah. no layers/masking etc in Express version. 

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

There's a 50% off on 1 year sub or permanent license for C1 Pro. Code JULYFLASH50

I dont do advanced editing. Just play around with color and exposure. I used to experiment on the C1 express, but now a lot of it happens on Snapseed :bigyellowgrin: I know, blasphemy.

Edit: and honestly, I dont even feel like messing too much with Fuji colors. 90% of my pics are just sooc Acros or Chrome. #acrosisbae 

Edited by WhatsInTheName
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I dont do advanced editing. Just play around with color and exposure. I used to experiment on the C1 express, but now a lot of it happens on Snapseed :bigyellowgrin: I know, blasphemy.

Edit: and honestly, I dont even feel like messing too much with Fuji colors. 90% of my pics are just sooc Acros or Chrome. #acrosisbae 

Give DXO PL5 a try. Even if you don’t use the U point tech, the elite version allows really cool split toning with silver/gold and other hues. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Give DXO PL5 a try. Even if you don’t use the U point tech, the elite version allows really cool split toning with silver/gold and other hues. 

cool, will check. How much hardware these editors require anyways? I have a simple i3 laptop setup now. But I remember Photoshop would make even my old gaming laptop's fans to just kick in.

33 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

cool, will check. How much hardware these editors require anyways? I have a simple i3 laptop setup now. But I remember Photoshop would make even my old gaming laptop's fans to just kick in.

I'm editing on am LG Gram, not the most high end laptop spec wise. DXO works fine. Topaz tools need 3-5 mins per photo. 

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm editing on am LG Gram, not the most high end laptop spec wise. DXO works fine. Topaz tools need 3-5 mins per photo. 

I think it's gpu dependant. My 3070 does it in 20 seconds :fear1:

1 minute ago, Anshul said:

I think it's gpu dependant. My 3070 does it in 20 seconds :fear1:

I've an Intel Iris XE. :lol:

Topaz is sometimes restricted from accessing GPU due to heat (automatically). :rofl:

I've tried on wife's M1. Blazing fast. Same task needs like 2 secs. 

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've an Intel Iris XE. :lol:

Topaz is sometimes restricted from accessing GPU due to heat (automatically). :rofl:

I've tried on wife's M1. Blazing fast. Same task needs like 2 secs

dammit. Just when I am looking for reasons to avoid buying anything :fear1:

On 7/26/2022 at 11:14 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Oh man. The M1s are crazy good in that department. 

I'm on the verge of buying M1 Mac mini. How easily can it handle Fuji raw files? 

You have z6 also right? Raw from those would be huge too, innit?

20 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I'm on the verge of buying M1 Mac mini. How easily can it handle Fuji raw files? 

You have z6 also right? Raw from those would be huge too, innit?

Will depend on the app you're using. I tried DXO PL5, and they loaded in no time. Most editing is instantaneous. JPEG export hardly takes 10-15 seconds. No difference in final processing time. 

I will recommend getting the 16 gb variant though. The 8 gb will struggle a bit if too many apps are open. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DinJo said:

What's the current offline price for XT-4

With 16-80 f4, around 1.6L. Cheaper with 18-55 f4 (1.5ish I think). However, suggest getting the body + 16-55 f2.8 (I don't think these come as a kit). 

BTW, Z6ii with 24-70 f4 kit is around 1.85L, and with 18-120 f4 is 2.14L. 

Edit: Expecting price increase from 1st Aug (after old stocks deplete). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird