The Photography Thread!

DaftSmiley

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

Z6 II is over budget , any particular reason you are not liking XT-4

Oh I like it, but full frame itch. Plus Z6ii does have better low light performance. 
I also realised that however much I like those dials, I prefer to manipulate SS/Aperture using command rings/dials while shooting through the EVF. 

Haven’t bought any - but rented the Z6ii + 24-120 from tomorrow for a week (short business travel coming up). 
I’ll probably wait for Z6iii (unlikely soon) or Z8, which is rumoured to carry Z9s AF (much improved over Z6ii/Z7ii). 
Also, the eye AF on Z6ii is much better than XT4. While clicking photos of kids playing, Z6ii almost had all keepers, while XT4 missed focus often. 

Edit: Everything being said, still prefer the skin tones on Fuji (even though you do get that magenta shade). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

25 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Yeah one big advantage of nikon z6 ii is more affordable lenses compared to fuji 

No. FF lenses will always be costlier and heavier. Fuji is cheaper by comparison. You've to compare DX f2.8 vs FF f4 (not f4 vs f4). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Got access to OpenAI's Dall-e2. 

Just amazing piece of tech. Can generate AI images based on keywords. 

"A photo of a fisherman casting net with exploding galaxy in the background"

ksiU0Wu.png

"An expressive oil painting of a tennis player serving the ball, in style of an explosion of nebula"

paoaGCK.png

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Oh I like it, but full frame itch. Plus Z6ii does have better low light performance. 
I also realised that however much I like those dials, I prefer to manipulate SS/Aperture using command rings/dials while shooting through the EVF. 

Haven’t bought any - but rented the Z6ii + 24-120 from tomorrow for a week (short business travel coming up). 
I’ll probably wait for Z6iii (unlikely soon) or Z8, which is rumoured to carry Z9s AF (much improved over Z6ii/Z7ii). 
Also, the eye AF on Z6ii is much better than XT4. While clicking photos of kids playing, Z6ii almost had all keepers, while XT4 missed focus often. 

Edit: Everything being said, still prefer the skin tones on Fuji (even though you do get that magenta shade). 

The slow AF on the fuji could be lens. Though im not so sure.

And the xt4 with the 27mm lens is extremely compact and easy to carry. So you can get shots in places where photography is "not allowed".

1 hour ago, Anshul said:

And the xt4 with the 27mm lens is extremely compact and easy to carry. So you can get shots in places where photography is "not allowed".

Just got the rental Z6ii and 24-120 f4. Second guessing my choice since the combo is f**kall heavy. Definitely not a street camera. 

5 hours ago, DinJo said:

Where do rent it from? Isn't it very expensive 

Check your local shops. in Delhi NCR, I rent from Future Forward aka Camera on Rent. Z6ii with kit lens is around 1600 a day. XT4 is similarly priced. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys. I own a Sony A6000 camera, with the 15-50 lens on it.

I've gotten some good pictures with it, but I am looking to sell it off. What would be the best method to do so? 

I'm based in Delhi NCR. Also any idea an how much I can get?

Reason for sale -

1. iPhone photos are really great right now. I can't justify the camera weight unless its significantly better. I wanna save up for a fancy setup later down the line.

2. Looking to use that money for a trip. Rather go and click pictures with my iPhone than sit around with the camera at home.

Please advise, thank you. Cannot think of anything except listing it here on this forum. 

On 1/26/2023 at 11:09 PM, North said:

Hey guys. I own a Sony A6000 camera, with the 15-50 lens on it.

I've gotten some good pictures with it, but I am looking to sell it off. What would be the best method to do so? 

I'm based in Delhi NCR. Also any idea an how much I can get?

Reason for sale -

1. iPhone photos are really great right now. I can't justify the camera weight unless its significantly better. I wanna save up for a fancy setup later down the line.

2. Looking to use that money for a trip. Rather go and click pictures with my iPhone than sit around with the camera at home.

Please advise, thank you. Cannot think of anything except listing it here on this forum. 

Anyone? I'm thinking a fair price would be about 25K for the camera+lens but can't say for sure.

11 hours ago, North said:

Anyone? I'm thinking a fair price would be about 25K for the camera+lens but can't say for sure.

Might be too much to expect. 

For reference, i sold my NEX-6(released couple of years before your model i think) with 16-50 and 55-200 lens  for 18k, a month back on olx.

Might have gotten atleast 20k if I was patient but didn't want to go through the spam that is olx messages to find the guy asking the right questions to take it forward

8 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Might be too much to expect. 

For reference, i sold my NEX-6(released couple of years before your model i think) with 16-50 and 55-200 lens  for 18k, a month back on olx.

Might have gotten atleast 20k if I was patient but didn't want to go through the spam that is olx messages to find the guy asking the right questions to take it forward

Hmm I see. But you got success olx I guess, so I shall also try that.

I've seen the camera itself being sold for 20-22K, so I thought 25K might be ok for camera plus the kit lens. 

I'll list it on olx for that price, and move down a little if someone's willing to buy it.

Are you planning to get a newer and more expensive setup? I have my eyes on one of the newer Sony full frames, but its not a priority purchase at the moment. 

• 10 months later...