Yeah. Price is not surprising. I expect PS VR to be cheaper though.

What's going to be interesting is the bundling and the cost of peripherals.

Oculus comes with the camera, standard Xbone controller and some remote. The main wand controller will be sold separately.

With PS VR, they don't have to bundle the dualshock. Many people already have the camera so they'll need to have a SKU without the camera. Like oculus I don't think they'll bundle the move controllers to keep the price point low.

But a lot of the demos both parties have shown require the wand controllers so the actual price for the whole setup will end up being higher than whatever is the announce price.

For Joe Public $599 is steep. For us who actually follow this it may be an expected price but Joe is gonna think any other vr setup at a lower price is better. Sucks to be the first out the door always.

:lol:

buying it at launch is foolish for either of the devices. its not just a new product, its a product in a completely new category. technical kinks aside, how the library grows in the first 12-15 months should give us an idea on whether we should go for it.

Oculus will have more suppport than ps vr

Coz it's on the pc. If ps vr has more support then its not good for ps4.

say-what.gif

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Edited by Walker

PS VR should get more support. It's a new piece of tech that if it succeeds might just be a breath of fresh air in the market we have right now where the only thing that matters is graphics and more graphics. Further innovations can come only if the initial idea succeeds. Who knows, if PS VR and Occulus succeed, we might one day even see actual VR as featured in .hack, Sword Art Online etc. It can be a new experience.

Regarding Occulus getting more support, that might be the case because of it's open nature (many test products and early access VR products can be thrown on there), whereas everything on PS VR will have to go through Sony's certification process. But PS VR might just get big exclusives due to Sony backing it.

Regarding lack of focus on traditional gaming, this is just my opinion, but there might be 2 separate markets, one for VR and one for traditional gaming and they might focus on both seperately. After all, they can't expect all users to buy exta $400 (appx.) worth of hardware and I doubt Sony would want to disturb the model they have for PS4 which is working very well for them now. They might just make newer titles VR compatible (which would be the best case scenario).

Every game played via ps4 can be simulated to be played on a giant screen via PS vr right? Similar to the hmz headsets Sony released in the past.

I don't think so.They would require super extra horsepower because game will be rendered on two screens in PSVR.Not sure though.

----

What do you guys think about VR vs AR(Augmented reality).I think AR is the future.People want to make day to day tasks more easy and efficient,something AR can do.Also,it doesn't abstract the user from his/her surroundings which will appeal to a lot of people.Microsoft's Hololens presentation was legit.Currently both technologies are quite expensive so they won't take off.I think AR has more potential to be the next big thing.