Usability and killer content is the main reason for failure of this gimmicky tech. Everyone was busy building the tech, hardly anyone focusing making some killer content for their platform or device. With killer content, this kind of tech create their niche audience and market but to be mainstream they have to focus on usability. 

• 1 year later...

How is it possible for a game to keep surprising you and blowing your mind with almost each new level?

Talking about Astrobot. It is pure joy condensed into a video-game!

I'm almost done with World 3 and I'm just awestruck by some of its innovative themes and level design!

19 minutes ago, adity said:

Dude do try blood & truth. It's basically uncharted of VR. 

Yeah, I tried the demo and thought it was pretty awesome!

But I've kinda overspent on gaming in the past month and a half. So I've decided to pick up just one more game in the ongoing sale.

But there are so many which I wanna play that I just can't decide which one to go for :\

These are the ones I'm looking at right now. Already bought Thumper and Shooty Fruity.

Superhot VR

Blood and Truth

Creed

Tetris Effect

Moss

Fruit Ninja (kinda iffy on this one though coz I've heard it's lacking in content)

I really wanna play Trover Saves the Universe too. It has Justin Roiland's trademark dark humour, which I absolutely love! Sucks that it's not on sale but I'm kinda tempted to pick it up at full price :|

Edited by STICK3Rboy

10 minutes ago, adity said:

I wholeheartedly recommend superhot vr but I'd still recommend you to spend a bit more and go for blood and truth. It's truly an experience. 

Thanks. Might just consider picking it up.

14 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

How is it possible for a game to keep surprising you and blowing your mind with almost each new level?

Talking about Astrobot. It is pure joy condensed into a video-game!

I'm almost done with World 3 and I'm just awestruck by some of its innovative themes and level design!

:D Cant recommend Astro bot enough. Its right there with GoW among the best games released last year. Pure joy. Cant stop smiling while playing it. OST is awesome too.

Yeah, I tried the demo and thought it was pretty awesome!

You can play the London heist for the time being.

These are the ones I'm looking at right now. Already bought Thumper and Shooty Fruity.

Superhot VR

Blood and Truth

Creed

Tetris Effect

Moss

Fruit Ninja (kinda iffy on this one though coz I've heard it's lacking in content)

I really wanna play Trover Saves the Universe too.

Trover saves the universe is great. Will definitely recommend this at-least over Creed from your list.

And if you like Moss, do try Ghost Giant.

Would also recommend these games which are often on sales -

1. Persistence - Survival horror. Quite hard too.

2. Xing: The land beyond - Puzzle based. A bit like Talos Principle/Witness but is very relaxing. Has a meaty 10-12 hour campaign too.

3. Bound - Looks mesmerizing in VR.

Glad to see this thread getting some love :) Hopefully more people will see the light with PSVR 2. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bauji said:

:D Cant recommend Astro bot enough. Its right there with GoW among the best games released last year. Pure joy. Cant stop smiling while playing it. OST is awesome too. 

Yup. The whole thing evokes a childlike sense of wonder, which is just amazing!

Definitely in my top 3 games of 2018 as well.

8 hours ago, Bauji said:

You can play the London heist for the time being.

Trover saves the universe is great. Will definitely recommend this at-least over Creed from your list.

And if you like Moss, do try Ghost Giant.

Will do! 

Would you say Trover is worth the full price of 2K?

On the one hand, I wanna make use of the sale and get something which is discounted, but Trover is just too damned tempting!

8 hours ago, Bauji said:

Would also recommend these games which are often on sales -

1. Persistence - Survival horror. Quite hard too.

2. Xing: The land beyond - Puzzle based. A bit like Talos Principle/Witness but is very relaxing. Has a meaty 10-12 hour campaign too.

3. Bound - Looks mesmerizing in VR.

Thanks. All three of those do indeed look great! Added them all to my wishlist.

Persistence and Bound have demos too. So will try those out.

Anyone tried No Man's Sky in VR yet? Just realized that the Beyond patch hasn't released yet :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy

11 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Would you say Trover is worth the full price of 2K?

On the one hand, I wanna make use of the sale and get something which is discounted, but Trover is just too damned tempting!

If you are a fan then its an easy recommendation :) I follow few VR related channels on YT and each of them has included Trover in their top 10 PSVR games list. If you have a backlog would suggest waiting for a couple of months though. There is a high chance Trover, Blood & Truth, Ghost giant etc hit 15-20$ mark around black friday. Or if you have some 'jugaad' to get it from US, all three of these games are part of Amazon's buy 1 get 1 50% off sale.

11 hours ago, Bauji said:

If you are a fan then its an easy recommendation :) I follow few VR related channels on YT and each of them has included Trover in their top 10 PSVR games list. If you have a backlog would suggest waiting for a couple of months though. There is a high chance Trover, Blood & Truth, Ghost giant etc hit 15-20$ mark around black friday. Or if you have some 'jugaad' to get it from US, all three of these games are part of Amazon's buy 1 get 1 50% off sale.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get stuff from US at the moment :\

Will probably get something which is on sale now and wait for Black Friday for the remaining games. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...