Referred to as NGVR by Sony (next gen VR) - not PSVR 2

Will use Fresnel OLED screens with a 2000x2040 resolution per eye

4K HDR display

FOV is 110 degrees

Uses Flexible Scaling Resolution in addition to Foveated Rendering which used in conjunction conjunction eye tracking both which aims to scale resolution based upon the user's concentrated view and reduces the strains on PS5 resources

Haptics are planned for the headset itself to reduce motion sickness and improve immersion

The new controllers will be packaged with every new NGVR headset at launch.

The controllers will include capacitive touch sensors, which are analogue based and can track the distance between your fingers and thumb. This is in addition to haptics and adaptive triggers which have already been announced

Sony want to move away from "VR experiences" and concentrate on AAA games with an aim to make hybrid games that are playable in both flat screen and VR. When those titles launch you can even select which version you want to download.

Nothing was mentioned regarding BC for PSVR1 but there is a push to remaster some PSVR1 games

launch plans will be revealed in early 2022.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 10:14 PM, Root said:

Is Oculus Quest 2 the best VR in market today? I am looking to buy one just out of itch. Or is there any news for next version of Quest?

Did you buy it? I am planning to buy it but read that it can be blurry. Thats a bummer and would want to confirm before buying.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, kittoo said:

Did you buy it? I am planning to buy it but read that it can be blurry. Thats a bummer and would want to confirm before buying.

Yes I did buy, it is not blurry. It gets blurry only when it is not fit properly and small adjustments it solves it

19 hours ago, Root said:

Yes I did buy, it is not blurry. It gets blurry only when it is not fit properly and small adjustments it solves it

Yeah I ended up buying it too. It was fine from the beginning but I realized a few tricks to make it sharper (supersampling in SteamVR, using link cable, wearing lenses rather than glasses, figuring out best fit).

Am playing Half Life Alyx right now and holy mother of....this is a new kind of gaming altogether. I am there! Its so natural. it took me quite some time to stop my brain from physically walking in the game. It seems so real that its natural to feel like walking. Its good that quest 2's virtual boundaries pop-up and save me from hitting things. Man, this will probably end up as the best gaming experience of my life.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered Quest 2 on Amazon for 36k … but the seller is MicroMini … it has 100% positive feedback with 1055 ratings. Knowing how sellers buy ratings one way or the other, a little worried. Anyone has bought anything from them?

Limited-time deal for Prime Members: MICROMINI Quest 2 Vr Headset 128GB Bundled With X-Ninja Oculus Controller aa Battery's (Freebie)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...