8 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Clarity and Fidelity is fantastic. Wasn't expecting it to be this good. Depth is unreal and literally feels as if you are right there. Start of RE8 when he wakes up in snow literally made my stomach churn when he was getting down from higher places. It felt as if I am the one walling in real life.

Only issue I have is that I tend to sweat a lot while playing this, so need to remove it and wipe is off often or less it gets blurry.

How’s the ventilation in the headset? Are you playing with the AC on and would you need an AC while playing for face not to get too hot and sweaty in Indian conditions ? 

7 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Thoughts on cinematic mode? Gaming non VR titles and other media. How is it? 

Haven't tried yet. Will check and report back!

2 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Any idea if the experience is similarl for people who wear specs .

Not sure, will have to try with a pair of goggles for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sweat is because of RE :scratchchin:

While playing any game for longer periods.

22 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

How’s the ventilation in the headset? Are you playing with the AC on and would you need an AC while playing for face not to get too hot and sweaty in Indian conditions ? 

It is fine. But I generally sweat a lot. I have played with AC off only till now, will try with AC on and report back if there is a difference.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, Sach4life said:

While playing any game for longer periods.

It is fine. But I generally sweat a lot. I have played with AC off only till now, will try with AC on and report back if there is a difference.

If you’re sweating so much in single player, I can’t imagine what you’re like in competitive mp 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

If you’re sweating so much in single player, I can’t imagine what you’re like in competitive mp 

I am not going to use VR for competitive mo anyway. Also, I tried playing with AC on and I wasn't sweating anymore. Sweating was happening mostly while playing Synth Riders (awesome game) which helps in buring calories as well

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

@ZooZoo

Didn't even knew this thread existed. I posted my thoughts on what you bought thread. Copy pasting from there , let me know if you want to know anything specific:

This is miles ahead of last gen VR which was just a poor compromise. Blown away by Horizon and GT7. Kayak was a nice surprise, very chill and realistic engrossing game. Resident Evil Demo gave me motion sickness so that was a bummer, will try again tomorrow when I am a bit fresh to see if I get through the RE. Overall, excellent tech. Sony made it very simple to use. Last gen had 4-5 cable nightmare that you had to plug in. This time around, its just a single usb c cable. Plug that in and you are good to go. 

Played Cricket 19 on a 200 inch virtual screen. Surreal experience. Clarity and colors are damn good. Will try watching a few tv shows on netfilx and prime using the massive screen. 

Cinema Mode works better for sports games as fidelity is not as sharp as your typical 4K tv. It is 1080P with HDR. So Fifa 23 and Cricket 22 were incredible experience as you dont play those games for looks anyway. Played few matches and thoroughly enjoyed on 200 inch screen.  Valhalla was immersive at such a size but i could notice the loss in resolution which was a bummer. TLDR, if you play a game for eye candy, play on your TV and rest you can enjoy greatly on VR screen.

Rainbow effect is there around the text but only in the settings menu. It goes away when you play any game. havent noticed the effect in the game. The two things which sony implemented which is a gamechanger are : 1) IPD slider which allows you to customize the lens separation based on your own eyes which helps greatly in getting that perfect focus, 2) eye tracking, so headset tracks your eyes and focuses the more processing power in the area you are looking at so you will always have good sharp image at lesser processing cost. Though people who are observing your game on the TV screen can notice it very clearly as they can see parts of screen going in focus and being sharp while other parts are lesser quality but you never notice it as headset does this in real time as per your eyes. 

• Like 5