Difficulty Dilemma

shaiTaaNi billi

Difficulty Dilemma  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In recent times we have been bombarded with the multiple type of difficulty settings in all most all the games, sometimes it feels stupid and sometimes it feels as if it was solely incorporated to cater the wide range of audience. Regarding this issue the game that instantly hits me like a bang is non other than the critically acclaimed Devil may cry series, the point i am trying to make in here is was it necessary to have an easy (or should i say too easy) setting for this game or any other game, isn't this making us a lame gamer as a whole? personally speaking whenever i have a choice i always end up selecting the easy difficulty setting although i am sure that i could also play that game on normal settings aswell, so in the end IMO having too much choice is sometimes not good, i wish multiple difficulty system should have never existed in the first place.

i havent played either of the DMC games but from what i hear, theyre geared more on the difficult side and i dont see the harm in having an easy difficulty....the longtime fans will have the option to play on a higher difficulty while some new to the series or someone who just wants to have some fun with it can play on the easy difficulty

having more difficulty levels also seems to add replay value to the game, although i havent come across a single game that made me want to play again on a harder difficulty after having finished it on an easy or normal difficulty

so i'll say yes, there's no harm in having multiple difficulty options

peace

having more difficulty levels also seems to add replay value to the game, although i havent come across a single game that made me want to play again on a harder difficulty after having finished it on an easy or normal difficulty

peace

that's the most valid point that i use abt difficulty setting. i always finish the game first in normal difficulty and then get my hands on Hard difficulty and then again on Extremely Hard difficulty if available. this increases the replay value of the game and lets u make the most out of the game. the games where this system worked perfect was MGS1(

remember on extreme difficulty, there is no Soliton radar system

) and God of War1,2 and Chains of Olympus. in DMC however, the Hard was too hard.. because the Normal mode of game was already equivalent to Hard of Japanese version, so it was the optimal difficulty setting and pretty challenging too.

Archived