Edit - Ok found free games in store tab on the epic game store, but are wolf among us and escapist free games of the 12 day promotion that starts on 19 dec or are they older ones ?

Are steam ubisoft and other PC Storefronts offering free games ?

Edited by NitroNeo

The epic free games are so meh.. they may be good games but they can't even throw in a good action rpg or a TPS or a racer, all seem like indie games or low budget games, nothing that they oversold on Game Awards so that people make an account there.

Strangely i do find PC gaming scene totally weird here, i was looking up on DBZ Kakarot on steam and the page says this is not available in your region i was like WTFH. Do they consider us like some 3rd world country like that didn't grew up watching dbz.

I hate nintendo for not even considering the indian market worth it to sell their freakin consoles but now even steam does this crap.

12 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The epic free games are so meh.. they may be good games but they can't even throw in a good action rpg or a TPS or a racer, all seem like indie games or low budget games, nothing that they oversold on Game Awards so that people make an account there.

Those free games aren't worth making an epic store account, they are sold at dirt cheap rates across platforms even on consoles. If you really want to play then I suggest to get gamepass and you'll find those games there and more. Humble bundle is also a good option to get many better games at cheap rates. 

16 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Strangely i do find PC gaming scene totally weird here, i was looking up on DBZ Kakarot on steam and the page says this is not available in your region i was like WTFH. Do they consider us like some 3rd world country like that didn't grew up watching dbz.

I hate nintendo for not even considering the indian market worth it to sell their freakin consoles but now even steam does this crap.

Publishers are responsible for selling the games, they decide which region they want to sell their game on. STEAM has nothing to do with it. You won't find DBZ Kakarot even on Indian PSN & XBL. The game isn't sold in some countries. 

If you really want to play than you can try VPN and change region to buy and play on STEAM. 

Publishers are responsible for selling the games, they decide which region they want to sell their game on. STEAM has nothing to do with it. You won't find DBZ Kakarot even on Indian PSN & XBL. The game isn't sold in some countries. 

If you really want to play than you can try VPN and change region to buy and play on STEAM. 
I play primary on consoles and just wanted to build my pc game catalog. I got a good deal from Ubi past year so i guess i am a bit dissapeared steam and epic don't give such deals.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

I play primary on consoles and just wanted to build my pc game catalog. I got a good deal from Ubi past year so i guess i am a bit dissapeared steam and epic don't give such deals.

There's already pretty good winter sale going on right now, Grab some games like DMC and Naruto kinda titles and build your catalog. Playing on highest settings with 60+ fps has it's own enjoyable experience. 

29 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Well, they are free games and good ones to boot. I personally think focussing on indie games is good as it helps the developers (since Epic bears the cost). They may not be to your taste, but you can always buy you want. Not sure why you have to complain about things that are free. 

Well, they are free games and good ones to boot. I personally think focussing on indie games is good as it helps the developers (since Epic bears the cost). They may not be to your taste, but you can always buy you want. Not sure why you have to complain about things that are free. 
Did you see the games ubisoft gave for free last year 7 good games for free and this year they gave out AC Unity for free on PC. So it kinda set a bar for free stuff.

There's already pretty good winter sale going on right now, Grab some games like DMC and Naruto kinda titles and build your catalog. Playing on highest settings with 60+ fps has it's own enjoyable experience. 
Got DMC on XB game pass and i play on X1X so will i notice a difference on the PC my hw is 4 year old 6700k and a gtx 970. Plus a 1080p monitor. So mot investing money on pc games.

Just now, NitroNeo said:

Did you see the games ubisoft gave for free last year 7 good games for free and this year they gave out AC Unity for free on PC. So it kinda set a bar for free stuff.

Not the right comparison. Ubisoft owns all these games and has already made money on most of them. They can do whatever they want with the stuff they own. Epic neither owns these games nor publishes them (most cases). It's just a medium for distribution like Steam. So essentially they are paying money to the developers to give away the games for free. 

Also, just cos someone you know is giving away free sweets doesn't mean you can expect every other guy giving free food to giveaway only sweets. Peace.

7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Got DMC on XB game pass and i play on X1X so will i notice a difference on the PC my hw is 4 year old 6700k and a gtx 970. Plus a 1080p monitor. So mot investing money on pc games.

Your build seems alright to me. Can easily achieve that sweet 60 spot on high settings in games like DMC V, RE2 and those Japanese titles. Even RDR2 can be played better on that than consoles. Lel. 

15 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Your build seems alright to me. Can easily achieve that sweet 60 spot on high settings in games like DMC V, RE2 and those Japanese titles. Even RDR2 can be played better on that than consoles. Lel. 

Nope 970 doesn't cut it anymore. Even a 6700k will drops frames in cpu heavy games like some AC games. I use 6700k stock it does drop frames like some titles. 

8 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Nope 970 doesn't cut it anymore. Even a 6700k will drops frames in cpu heavy games like some AC games. I use 6700k stock it does drop frames like some titles. 

Recently Ubilol titles are not optimized and rushed. They aren't really comparable with. Also on top they use denuvo and that to implemented worse. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

its upgrade time, psu dying :P

Guys, suggest me a cpu, good and reliable psu and mobo and 16gb ram and a gpu.. Budget around 50k. 1080p60fps gaming.

@Joe Cool @ALPHA17

Assuming you have a cabinet, fans and storage

Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Pro-VDH Max (You can swap in any decent B450 mobo), Corsair Vengeance 3200 16gb, Corsair VS450 PSU (spend more if you want a higher wattage one) and 1660 Super (Or search for a cheap 1660t, not much performance difference though)

Will set you back almost 50k.

Both Ryzen 5 3500 and 3600 have 6 cores but I personally would prefer 3600 as it has 6 extra threads and will perform better in other computing applications. 

But if you want to incorporate some other components or want a purely gaming rig, then 3500 will work well for you.

For case, Antec NX600 works well but CM has good options too.

• Like 1