Both the links are 1440p 144hz VA panel no 1080p

my options are

samsung LC27JG54QQWXXL  27inch 1440p 144hz VA panel

LG 32gk650  32inch 1440p 144hz VA panel

Acer vg271u 27inch 1440p 144hz ips panel

all this 3 models are around 20-25k no idea how good are this models 

not much of an review out there

None of them are great but expected.

VG271U had flickering issues in the past. At 144hz limited to 8-bit color depth; 10-bit at 120Hz, which likely has a slightly slower response time. 

32GK650 bad viewing angles. Slower response in darker scenes. FreeSync only works up to 100Hz (there is G-Sync variant called 32GK650G-B). Too big for 1440p ideally. 

Samsung meh.

What purpose are you buying it for? 2060 can't handle all games at 1440p smooth let alone at 144hz. If you play more single player titles, go for 1440p 60fps. If you play comp only, then 1080p 144hz.  

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

None of them are great but expected.

VG271U had flickering issues in the past. At 144hz limited to 8-bit color depth; 10-bit at 120Hz, which likely has a slightly slower response time. 

32GK650 bad viewing angles. Slower response in darker scenes. FreeSync only works up to 100Hz (there is G-Sync variant called 32GK650G-B). Too big for 1440p ideally. 

Samsung meh.

What purpose are you buying it for? 2060 can't handle all games at 1440p smooth let alone at 144hz. If you play more single player titles, go for 1440p 60fps. If you play comp only, then 1080p 144hz.  

I play only single player games..

which 1440p 60hz monitor would you recommend.

You could try BenQ EX2780Q. Its 35k so a bit over budget, but it basically ticks all the boxes. 1440p, 144hz, 5ms IPS panel, Freesync, half fake HDR and built in sub woofer. Most 60hz monitors are for content creation so you might not get Freesync or fast response times. The manufacturers all started putting gaming features in high RF monitors in last couple of years.

On 2/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, Joe Cool said:

To avoid confusion, select 27" inch from above link and not 32" inch. 108 PPI is sweet spot for 1440p which is achieved at 27" inch. At 32" inch it is 91 PPI and not to forget the size would require more head-eye movement and could cause eye strain at PC viewing distance. 

Edit: 27" inch is 1080p. I wouldn't buy it. Look for ASUS or better ones instead. 

On 2/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, CarbonCore said:

27" is 1080p/240 TN panel. I wouldn't recommend it over 32" model.

Amazon sometimes displays the wrong product based on availability I guess. But that 27inch one from samsung is actually 2k/1440p.

Unfortunately in India we dont have much options for 2k/144Hz displays..
These 2 are the only ones which should provide a better image quality than something like Acer I guess..

Guess what 

My Corsair RM750 is not working and my cabinet (Corsair 600T ) inside cables are gone

it's been two years since i used them. psu is 6 years old 

Ordered new corsair cx550w  should be sufficient for my build. need final recommendation on a budget cabby under 5k

18 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guess what 

My Corsair RM750 is not working and my cabinet (Corsair 600T ) inside cables are gone

Ordered new corsair cx550w  should be sufficient for my build. need final recommendation on a budget cabby under 5k

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B083NXBR2V/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_7f4tEbNZR2Y76
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-mcb-b511d-kann-s00.html
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0813C8PYB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_8i4tEbP7T21WA

22 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guess what 

3 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

I have the MB511 RGB version... is really good and has good airflow

Need a recommendation for a mechanical keyboard. don't need a lot of RGB. just backlit is enough.

Should not be too noisy, dummy want to wake up people sleeping while I game

But noisy mechanical keyboard feel great. 

SteelSeries Apex Pro

SteelSeries Apex 5 - non clicky variant 

Corsair K95

Razer BlackWidow - good but not a fan of Razer build quality w.r.t price

HyperX Alloy Origins

Logitech G915

These you should be able to find anywhere. Ducky and Das keyboards are great too but (somewhat) noisy. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

But noisy mechanical keyboard feel great. 

SteelSeries Apex Pro

SteelSeries Apex 5 - non clicky variant 

Corsair K95

Razer BlackWidow - good but not a fan of Razer build quality w.r.t price

HyperX Alloy Origins

Logitech G915

These you should be able to find anywhere. Ducky and Das keyboards are great too but (somewhat) noisy. 

No doubt, but I'd rather not get grief from my fam.

I'm using the Cooler Master Master Keys Pro L white. White backlight (non-RGB), comes in Cherry MX blue, red and brown switches. Great build quality and is extremely comfortable to use. The browns that I own are clicky enough without being too noisy.

35 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I'm using the Cooler Master Master Keys Pro L white. White backlight (non-RGB), comes in Cherry MX blue, red and brown switches. Great build quality and is extremely comfortable to use. The browns that I own are clicky enough without being too noisy.

How much did you pay for it?

Need help with Ryzen 3600 temperature

getting 43 at idle when it runs around 200 mhz

but ryzen master shows lot of sudden spike from 43 to 60 frequency rising from 200 to 2000 mhz

ran prime 95 torture test for 5mins temperature reached 92c had to stop it as peak was 95c

everything with stock cooler

That's fairly common. 200mhz is basically its sleep mode. Even if you so much as move a window or scroll down in Chrome, it'll wake up and jump to 2ghz. If you want you can set the fan curve manually to be more aggressive. Also the torture tests are designed to push it to maximum frequency/temps so don't worry about it. If it reaches 95c it'll throttle down. I've seen it cross 80 even on water, which is even more scary considering water starts bubbling at around 80c. Check the temps when gaming, if it stays below 80-85c then you're fine.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Need help with Ryzen 3600 temperature

getting 43 at idle when it runs around 200 mhz

but ryzen master shows lot of sudden spike from 43 to 60 frequency rising from 200 to 2000 mhz

ran prime 95 torture test for 5mins temperature reached 92c had to stop it as peak was 95c

everything with stock cooler

Yes that stock cooler is bad.. I used it for maybe like 1 week and then decided to buy an aftermarket cooler..
Temps during gaming reached 80~85C which is a bit too hot for me so I just bought a corsair H45 and now it hovers around 60~65C while gaming and it reaches to about 72~75C max while encoding videos. Idle temps are around 35C.
That spike thing is also very irritating for me as someone coming from an intel platform. It pains me to look at that temp curve in the MSI afterburner.
With the intel cpu it used to be a flat line, but now it looks like a saw blade. But I have become accustomed to it by now and choose not to look at the MSI afterburner screen as often as I used to before :P

• 2 weeks later...