I feel pc gamers in India who legally buy games should boycott games which are over 1.5k.Otherwise if we keep buying overpriced PC games, then they will keep increasing the price even more. This way if the publishers and game distributors realize Indians won't pay 2-3k for PC games, then they will have no choice but bring the price back to the previous 999 and under.

Does anyone agree with me?

Yes.

But who will unite all Indian pc gamers? There is no platform.

Also we get the silent treatment

Like with EA stopping retail game sales here

Yes.

But who will unite all Indian pc gamers? There is no platform.

Also we get the silent treatment

Like with EA stopping retail game sales here

Well there is no need to unite, just need common sense to understand whether we are getting ripped off or not. Looking at upcoming PC games, we have GTA V which at 2.5k so i will wait for price drop, Witcher 3 which is worth 1.5k, Arkham Knight will wait till its less than 1k,etc. I don't even buy Call of Duty games as they're 3k every year for minor changes and EA stopping its retail in India hurts them not us as we still get to play their games in alternative ways. Edited by mohit9206

This is fantastic stuff. Credit should be given where it's due and this time it's not only GOG but GSCGW as well, assuming the IP belongs to them and if they allow it. It's a sad scene after their name got involved with that kickstarter f**kup Areal, consisting of their former employees.

GIGABYTE passes ASUS, becomes the leading motherboard vendor

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44382/gigabyte-passes-asus-becomes-leading-motherboard-vendor/index.html

Edited by harjas

I wish Steam introduced region pricing for India like Russia. Indians also won't be able to export keys with region locking. Imagine we would be buying AAA games for less than 100 Rs. when its 75%off on a sale.

Yeah if that were to happen lots of people will buy games from Steam.Why is there no proper Steam support in India who has the largest PC game install base?

Yeah if that were to happen lots of people will buy games from Steam.Why is there no proper Steam support in India who has the largest PC game install base?

GabeN knows

Btw i doubt here pc games sell much inspite of the cheap prices

People have GT 630 type cards for games so you can get an ide about the cheapness/genuine ignorance

Secondly i doubt many Indians actually buy games from steam itself.compared to russia its much less id bet

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 1

half of my pc friends dont buy games on steam or on origin unless its cod, battlefield or cs type of games but they do spend a lot on their gaming towers

Edited by Hahaman

Steam Spy scrapes Steam user accounts to estimate sales data

http://steamspy.com/

Check out the sales number here guys . Truckload of info , very glad with DS & DS 2 sales :clapping:

Yes its great we can know sales of every game ever sold on steam approximately. However it seems some game developers have reported less by their publishers than what Steam spy shows. This was first reported in the neogaf thread yesterday. This could lead to #SteamGate.

How doesn't it seem right?

Well Dota 2 is F2P and CS:GO is a paid game. And I personally know more Dota 2 players than CS:GO players.

Also i asked that steamspy guy. Here is his reply

I can't count private profiles, of course.

I've only added Dota 2 to the database today, so information for Dota 2 isn't yet reliable. It will be more or less reliable in 3 days. I should've added a warning, that's my mistake.