Bingo.haha..cool i'll wait for the new update anyways..let it stay in download queue..Its at 0MB downloaded anyways..probably they'll replace it (Do they do that) ?...will get back to BF4 or on Wii U..atleast they work..

offline khel lo

If you cancel the update download from the downloads section and then set it to only update when you launch the game (from the game's properties) it might work.

Considering the shitty developer, its actually worth it just to make sure the game doesnt auto update in the future. Might still end up forcing all updates but who knows, its worth a shot.

i think so yes

no harm in trying :P

Ok cool..i just hope the new patch which comes will replace the patch sitting in my queue..I hope Steam has such an option...if not i have to download 2 15Gb Patches..

Hey guyz, i have an update for a game in my Steam Download queue..I don't want to download that plus i don't want it sitting over there..So if i choose "Delete Local Content" option for that game will it delete the update present in download queue or will it delete the entire game.

Thanks

Don't. It'll delete entire game.

You can't do anything right now. Offline mode will throw ''missing executable/game is not ready to play/etc'' error. You need to update the game before playing.

(if the .exe is not getting updated, you can play in offline mode; or else you can't. Works only for DLC updates though. Payday 2 for example.)

However, there is another way; it's bit complex and risky. When steam updates any game, it goes under \Steam\steamapps\downloading\xxxx (where xxxxx is game appID). You can try ''copying'' everything to ''\Steam\steamapps\common\xxxx (different name for backup)''. Then try to delete local content.

This way steam will delete game content (except xxxx folder under common directory). After that, go to common folder, rename xxxxx to game name (here Mortal Kombat). Take another back up though.

Now, launch steam, select the game, press install. It'll automatically detect the files and install.

^This ''might'' work, but risky. You might end up losing entire game files.

tl;dr - if .exe is getting updated, you cannot do anything.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Don't. It'll delete entire game.

You can't do anything right now. Offline mode will throw ''missing executable/game is not ready to play/etc'' error. You need to update the game before playing.

(if the .exe is not getting updated, you can play in offline mode; or else you can't. Works only for DLC updates though. Payday 2 for example.)

However, there is another way; it's bit complex and risky. When steam updates any game, it goes under \Steam\steamapps\downloading\xxxx (where xxxxx is game appID). You can try ''copying'' everything to ''\Steam\steamapps\common\xxxx (different name for backup)''. Then try to delete local content.

This way steam will delete game content (except xxxx folder under common directory). After that, go to common folder, rename xxxxx to game name (here Mortal Kombat). Take another back up though.

Now, launch steam, select the game, press install. It'll automatically detect the files and install.

^This ''might'' work, but risky. You might end up losing entire game files.

Ok cool..it sounds risky..So i haven't downloaded that update at all..its sitting in the queue..Will the new patch that will come later replace the patch in the queue or i have download the current 15 GB patch and the new one as well which is expected to be another 15 GB..

Also, Steam has this backup/restore feature..I don't know if it'll work for this game (MK X)..cause i installed it when it had that "Stream/Install" feature and now that feature has been removed..

No that won't work too. Steam requires Internet to install game. And once it is online, it will detect the data on HDD is without patch and download the patch while install itself. So as you said, agent 47 is pretty much screwed out of playing the game unless he downloads the patch. Nothing will work. Typical Steam issue. Even new patch won't overwrite the one in download queue. Just download the patch. Happened with me for Evil Within.

OT: No such issue on PS4 or even Xbone though. You can cancel/pause the update and play the game offline on PS4/3. Xbone requires entire console to be offline so its an additional caveat, but you can play the game

Huh? I don't think so. Steam usually replaces old patch is in queue when new patch is out. My Shadow of Mordor and Payday 2 are 3-5 updates behind. When I resume, it downloads latest patch alone.

Glad I have not downloaded the game yet. :D

Edited by Heaven Angel

No that won't work too. Steam requires Internet to install game. And once it is online, it will detect the data on HDD is without patch and download the patch while install itself. So as you said, agent 47 is pretty much screwed out of playing the game unless he downloads the patch. Nothing will work. Typical Steam issue. Even new patch won't overwrite the one in download queue. Just download the patch. Happened with me for Evil Within.

OT: No such issue on PS4 or even Xbone though. You can cancel/pause the update and play the game offline on PS4/3. Xbone requires entire console to be offline so its an additional caveat, but you can play the game

Ok that's like downloading the game again..Oh well...Anyways people in other countries with good speed have downloaded 30 Gb of nothing in one night.. :doh:

They shouldn't have pulled the patch...Instead just release a smaller patch for that issue in the next 24 hrs..

I guess, different file structure, different story. HAIL id Tech 5. s0zU7jq.gif

__

Opt for ''only update this game when I launch it'' option. When you go for this route, you can skip the update and play the game.

(works in offline mode well).

I guess, different file structure, different story. HAIL id Tech 5. s0zU7jq.gif

__

Opt for ''only update this game when I launch it'' option. When you go for this route, you can skip the update and play the game.

(works in offline mode well).

Can this option be selected when game is not installed,but still in account

Ok cool..it sounds risky..So i haven't downloaded that update at all..its sitting in the queue..Will the new patch that will come later replace the patch in the queue or i have download the current 15 GB patch and the new one as well which is expected to be another 15 GB..

Also, Steam has this backup/restore feature..I don't know if it'll work for this game (MK X)..cause i installed it when it had that "Stream/Install" feature and now that feature has been removed..

Agent, turn off auto-update for the game(s) you do not want it to download the patch immediately.

I see Joe has also posted another alternative.

If i restore my steam backup games

Do i have the option of NOT downloading the mandatory 1st time update?

Update for the game, not steam client

Depends from title to title.

Certain old game(s) that I have backed up and restore now work right off the bat (no patch / update required only first time install sequence).

In other game(s) like Company of Heroes 2 I have always had to download a token patch after even backing up the latest build (patch is a tiny ~15MB thing). So just your luck depending on the occasion.

Edited by ALPHA17

Guys go check NVIDIA INDIA FB page

They're giving Batman AK for free too now

You get the code directly from Nvidia

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nvidia-india/redeem-process-for-game-codes-witcher-3-batman-arkham-knight/889341707792040

Even if you're like ToxicPanda you can give the Batman AK redemption a try.Nvidia asks for invoice copy,invoice number,GPU Serial Number and scan of S/N

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 2