1 hour ago, eddy4823 said:

Specially Sony. Launch of PS5 will be remembered as an irritating journey of wait and hype. I hope that comes out to be worth it.

They have good ssd which isn't available in market .. yet, that's the only reason they're boasting so much. Frankly, I don't see a reason to buy either of the consoles at launch.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

They have good ssd which isn't available in market .. yet, that's the only reason they're boasting so much. Frankly, I don't see a reason to buy either of the consoles at launch.

If they continue putting exclusives on PC 3 years after launch on PS platforms i don't see a reason to buy the PS5 anyway

RANT: 

I'm having the shittiest f**king time with my PC. 

(Mobo: ASUS Rog Strix B450E, CPU: Ryzen 3600x)

- Few months ago I start getting random shutdowns. Would happen while gaming for a few mintues, decided (with feedback) it might be PSU. So replaced PSU. 

- System runs fine for 3 weeks or so

- One fine morning, system won't start up. When I push power button, nothing happens.

- System randomly starts sometimes, sometimes it doesnt.

- Get real frustrated because this is affecting work.( Luckily office sends me an acceptable pc for work )

- Finally it doesnt start at all, no matter what I do. Rebuilt entire system from start, tried different PSU, CPU, RAM, GPU - all same result

- Only motherboard remains but I don't have a spare, so go to the service center (very far from my house, I have to take leave from work), guy confirms something is wrong. Heave a sigh of relief. 

- I'm supposed to get an sms when its ready. I get no such SMS, phone him after ~10 days. He says it was ready in 3 days, we sent you an SMS :ko: . Double check my inbox. No SMS. 

- He gives me replacement motherboard. I ask him to check it there if everything is working. He refuses; says no need. its all good. 

- Come home with new mobo. MFW mobo doesn't work. No display. Maybe its an old BIOS? Needs an update?

- Nobody in my vicinity knows what the *bleep* a BIOS update is.

- Finally found a gaming cafe who does repairs. 

- He keeps it for 4 days, confirms it doesn't start up, even with an older CPU. 

- Says I need to replace board again.

Can't keep taking leave and going to the service center (covid risk too), so buying an MSI Tomhawk MAX Motherboard tomorrow. 

Edited by dylanjosh

On 9/14/2020 at 4:15 PM, PhantomShade said:

If they continue putting exclusives on PC 3 years after launch on PS platforms i don't see a reason to buy the PS5 anyway

1) You don't know which exclusive is coming and which is not. Stuff like QB games (Telltale games of consoles) you can be reasonably sure, but not of the others (The actual games)

2) There is no guarantee it will be 3 years. It can be 5 Years, 7 Years, Start of the Next (PS6 Gen) or not at all

3) Unlike MS, Sony's strategy is still to sell PS5s. They ported Horizon not for it's PC Revenue, but to get you to buy Horizon 2, which is in itself a means of getting you to buy PS5s

4) Once PS5 starts selling on the scale of PS4s, Sony will most likely not need to keep supporting PC at all.

5) PC Ports can be outsourced and made carelessly and poorly - as Horizon Port clearly showed.

• Like 1

• After six weeks at the top, Fall Guys has finally been dethroned by Among Us which has been climbing the charts for a number of weeks.
  • Marvel's Avengers out of the top 10, along with Kingdoms of Amalur, Divinity Original Sin 2 and NBA 2K21
  • Crusader Kings 3 and Craftopia continue to perform well
  • Among Us peak player count on steam exceeds 380k+ players, a new record for the game and the first time it has exceeded the daily peak player count of PUBG, making it the #3 game on steam. 

PCs have different advantages, including the ability to customize your PC, create hotkeys, sharper and more lifelike visuals, superior accuracy with peripherals, and greater ability to modify games.

That's why I never going to buy expensive gaming consoles like PS5...

Edited by Jack Black
  • Like 1

Ryzen 9 5900X 12c/24t, 70MB Cache, 3.7GHz / 4.8 GHz boost at 105 watts

Ryzen 7 5800X 8c/16t, 36MB Cache, 3.8GHz / 4.7 GHz boost at 105 watts

Ryzen 5 5600X 6c/12t, 35MB Cache, 3.7Ghz / 4.6 GHz boost at 65 watts