12 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Never gonna happen.  :roflroll:

See benchmarks. It will blow everything away 

M1 blew everything away. M1 Pro and M1 Max are untamed monsters 

What a performance and low power consumption across the board :majesty:Nothing is even in the same universe. Revolutionary

when they introduced M1 Pro, I was wowed. But then they brought M1 Max, I was ducking stunned.  

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

See benchmarks. It will blow everything away 

M1 blew everything away. M1 Pro and M1 Max are untamed monsters 

What a performance and low power consumption across the board :majesty:Nothing is even in the same universe. Revolutionary

when they introduced M1 Pro, I was wowed. But then they brought M1 Max, I was ducking stunned.  

Middleclass, students and working people dont buy laptops which has a starting price of 2 lakh.

Might happens in rich and privileged segment, which is minuscule ...but that's a different story.

• Like 1

Also..... what macbook or imac has anything to do in PC gaming thread? 
Apple's macbooks and imac are not gaming devices nor gaming laptops, nor do they play much game, nor efficiently. 

7 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Also..... what macbook or imac has anything to do in PC gaming thread? 
Apple's macbooks and imac are not gaming devices nor gaming laptops, nor do they play much game, nor efficiently. 

He's trolling. Don't feed. 

Hi I was generally discussing new M1 chip performance (and getting hyped) here because I misread the thread title  somewhat and because no one goes to the other tech thread. I had requested for monitor recommendations but nobody responded 

also, I’ll of course stop discussing M1 chips and their performance here if no one is interested or wrong thread 

While the performance is good I don't see how this will be the end of laptops.

70% of laptops are used for business stuff like excel, powerpoint or casual browsing, email, media consumption. This segment is unaffected by anything that Apple does.

The 15% crowd who use gaming laptops won't touch apple because they can't game on it.

The pending 15% who use laptop for softwares that make use of the powerful processor would benefit here, ones who use blender, photoshop, maya, DaVinci resolve, coding etc. But this category is definitely not the majority.

What will happen most probably is your typical HP, Dell etc also slowly start moving away from intel to Arm based cpu in their laptop which will be far affordable compared to these macs.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Just to be clear this thing costs 2 lakh rupees for basic version ? .. 

But it's soo affordable! Days of laptops are done! Done I say!!! I can't wait to buy a 2 lakhs rupees macbook.....for....work!!! :dance:

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

The pending 15% who use laptop for softwares that make use of the powerful processor would benefit here, ones who use blender, photoshop, maya, DaVinci resolve, coding etc. But this category is definitely not the majority.

Most of the artists uses a powerful desktop for their work or a gaming laptop if they are working mobile. 

only 2d artists uses macs... 3d artists dont...as most the 3d apps do rely on powerful gpus...which again, mac lacks.
light render system such as Arnold will burn the macbooks to be honest.

23 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

But it's soo affordable! Days of laptops are done! Done I say!!! I can't wait to buy a 2 lakhs rupees macbook.....for....work!!! :dance:

lol, my intended discussion is not about 

1) affordability 

2) laptop sales 

it’s about performance only 

This MacBook Pro will last you 6-8 years easily because it’s absolutely balls out powerful, display so advanced that’s it’s years ahead of competition, full set of i/o, super optimized battery consumption, super premium build and considering the longevity of the laptop, it’s worth the price