1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Isn't IPS crappy? Why not get a VA panel. 

If you are into competitive gaming and demand better response times. VA isn't as bright as IPS, honestly. 

I have a dual monitor work-setup (both 1440p) and want to replace one with an ultra-wide. So it really doesn't matter much for me TBH. 

2 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

If you are into competitive gaming and demand better response times. VA isn't as bright as IPS, honestly. 

I have a dual monitor work-setup (both 1440p) and want to replace one with an ultra-wide. So it really doesn't matter much for me TBH. 

When in doubt, go for higher refresh rates. 

I would go for a 240hz panel anyday. 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

When in doubt, go for higher refresh rates. 

I would go for a 240hz panel anyday. 

We are talking about UltraWide :P 240Hz Ultrawide monitors are rare. I am not sure if there's one even available in India. Even if available, expect to pay OLED TV rates for them

27 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Isn't IPS crappy? Why not get a VA panel. 

Ips are the better ones in terms of picture quality and all, then comes VA then TN

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Hmmm

I actually have the LG GL850 + an Acer predator 120hz ultrawide Gsync monitor

problem is the acer one does not have the amazing colors like the LG, I was thinking of selling both and getting a single ultrawide that has g-sync, high refresh rate, is 2k res and has colors like the LG one, if only LG had released the ultrawide 2k ultragear monitor here <_< 

46 minutes ago, harjas said:

Hmmm

problem is the acer one does not have the amazing colors like the LG, I was thinking of selling both and getting a single ultrawide that has g-sync, high refresh rate, is 2k res and has colors like the LG one, if only LG had released the ultrawide 2k ultragear monitor here <_< 

For the money that you'd spend on these, just get a 48 inch LG C1 instead :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

We are talking about UltraWide :P 240Hz Ultrawide monitors are rare. I am not sure if there's one even available in India. Even if available, expect to pay OLED TV rates for them

I guess you forgot the Samsung Odyssey G9 - Super Expensive 5K @240 Hertz Monitor with QLED. IIRC its for 1.5L and I have seen its colors in person. Its a beast of a monitor, both in performance and price.

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The downside of Ultrawide is, once you got UW there is no going back. Too good of an experience to go back to shitty 16:9. :P 

Also, streams and some JP games don't have basic UW support. 

Is it better than dual monitor? :unsure: i feel the same way about dual setup

Edited by dylanjosh

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Is it better than dual monitor? :unsure: i feel the same way about dual setup

So much better for work and multitasking. Plenty of screen space while keeping the consistency is very nice to have. On top of that, you don't have to deal with a bezel or extra wires/stand or inconsistency across 2 monitors. 

Entertainment side - streams (Netflix/twitch/youtube etc) don't support UW resolution but it didn't bother me after getting used to and again, so much screen space I just watch streams on window mode while checking other stuff on the side. 

Movies and gaming is a fantastic experience with better immersion. TV shows also you can adjust the aspect ratio manually if you want or else you will have black bars. 

22 hours ago, harjas said:

Hmmm

Hi, I have a question regarding Acer monitors 

I bought Acer Nitro VG271U recently and want to ask about backlight bleed

there’s indeed some backlight bleed from the upper right hand corner of my monitor. It practically non-existent as far as full screen videos are concerned. The bleed is noticeable only when black color appears in that corner and when there are black bars on top and bottom of the video, but that’s hard to notice because you have to actively draw your attention to upper right corner to notice it

I have the chance to replace the monitor before 24th December. I am afraid if I replace there’s a chance that the bleed may be worse in the replacement panel. What should I do?

@l33tmaniac said that I should keep the one I got as Acer/IPS panels would invariably have some bleed 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Hi, I have a question regarding Acer monitors 

I bought Acer Nitro VG271U recently and want to ask about backlight bleed

there’s indeed some backlight bleed from the upper right hand corner of my monitor. It practically non-existent as far as full screen videos are concerned. The bleed is noticeable only when black color appears in that corner and when there are black bars on top and bottom of the video, but that’s hard to notice because you have to actively draw your attention to upper right corner to notice it

I have the chance to replace the monitor before 24th December. I am afraid if I replace there’s a chance that the bleed may be worse in the replacement panel. What should I do?

@l33tmaniac said that I should keep the one I got as Acer/IPS panels would invariably have some bleed 

They'll all have some bleed afaik (not just limited to acer) and its kind of a lottery, If its not bad then you can keep it or keep replacing till they allow.

if you want something perfect then you'll have to pay extra $$$ and get something like a professional monitor 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, harjas said:

They'll all have some bleed afaik (not just limited to acer) and its kind of a lottery, If its not bad then you can keep it or keep replacing till they allow.

if you want something perfect then you'll have to pay extra $$$ and get something like a professional monitor 

Thanks, will hold on to current monitor as the bleed is to limited to a corner and I don’t want to keep returning 

I’ll probably get used to it eventually 

6 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Psa: if you have an epic store account, they’ve been giving away free games everyday. Some great, some bad and you can only redeem it within the 24 hr period. Today’s unconfirmed giveaway is the TR trilogy 

It’s available now