18 minutes ago, AnK said:

Normally PC Cards & feature-sets upgrade every 1-2 years. 
Putting away the the crunch being faced due to Pandemic & Coin mining. 

There was no sense in waiting to build a PC just like no point waiting to buy a CAR. 
New & improved will be available within no time. 

11 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

get a pc bro .. there will always be better cards on the horizon…

I will at least wait till 2023 till my Gamepass sub expires and I got 2 new machines this year only. I should ideally wait, then buy whatever latest PC components on the market

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

Performance bubble burst because 1 game which is clearly unoptimized is doing 1080/60

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Even Metro Exodus which has RT global illumination wavers between sub 1080p & 1300p. 

Kena doesn’t do more than 1400p on performance mode account to DF(though it’s disputed). 

Console gaming will only ever manage stable 60fps in first few large scale games. 
Corridor shooters will keep doing 60fps in the long run like always. 

Yes this maybe unoptimised but others aren’t really setting good long term examples either. 

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

But you can't play horizon forbidden west even with those card..

Playstation has been a must own gaming device since PSone,that’s not even a debate. 
It’s a discussion only for ppl who want the absolute best visuals on non Sony & Nintendo AAA games. 

If you want to own just one device & get the most out of it,Playstation is the de facto place to be. 

7 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I wonder why that is? These are obviously not gamepass subscribers but buying the game instead. 

I was obviously sarcastic, referring some believers that if games are on gamepass they don't do well on software sale.. 

11 hours ago, 0verlord said:

PC hardware is costly, more than 2-3x the price of consoles 

PC games are costly about ₹2500 or above on launch. I am specifically referring to console discs which can be played at a net cost of ₹400 to ₹1000 and nobody plays the same game for more than a few months, at max a year, so selling of console discs is valid

so, is PC gaming worth it and is there a noticeable difference between high and ultra settings, in your opinion?

I am asking because I love every setting to be ultra so much that I’d play at 30fps quality mode on consoles for highest possible settings, hence, would love to get a PC

I hear your thoughts. 

I’ll just share my opinions and points here. But I won’t try to force you on your decision. You can judge it by yourself. 

I’m one of those guys who has most of the consoles as well as gaming pc. So I’m well aware of pros and cons for both ends. Pc and consoles. 

If you are coming from console gaming, Pc gaming might sound complicated, costly, and enthusiast grade. But the value for money proposition will be based upon your gaming requirement. 

As you said you are a ‘graphics wh*re’ (don’t get offended, it’s a common term we use in PC gaming, to the people who loves ultra, and nothing but ultra. With high fps), you will love PC gaming to the core. Not only the graphics are superior than consoles, you won’t be restricted to 30 fps for it. High fps, extreme graphics fidelity. No input delay. Multiple options for controls…mouse/kb, xbox gamepads, ps gamepads, whatever you prefer. 

Yes, pc is costly, but pc isn’t for gaming only. A gaming pc returns the value as a whole. Once you be a pc gamer, it’s hard to go back playing games on console as main. I own most of the consoles, even including a switch… I buy consoles to play ‘exclusives’ only where I don’t have options to play on a better device. But if a game is multiplatform, I don’t actually go for console counterpart of that game because I would be restricted on graphics and fps. Which I don’t want. I love my games producing high fps with ultra graphics while paying less for games. (GOTG is 3k on pc, Deathloop is 2.5k on pc… rather than console price of 4k). 

Now on console you can later sell physical copy of games, but on pc, you cant do that.
On PC, you will have clients where the game will be activated for life… it’s yours forever. No disc required. Just download anywhere and play. And your games are not restricted with different iteration of hardwares like consoles (its only now where PlayStation started backward compatibility). 

Same as ps, on pc, you can also do ‘family share’ on steam. So you and your friend can share buying a game and play. So although you cannot sell the game you have finished, you can have the game at cheaper price as whole, plus share if you wish. 

Another biggest pro on pc, you don’t need to pay to play mp. On console, you have to pay subscription. 

In India, MP games are more populated on PC. So you don’t have to wait much. Community is much more robust and broad. 

For console, the price of the hardware is THE most buying factor there is. If you are not finicky about graphics or fps, and only wanna enjoy the game without knowing what high fps means or 144hz or 165hz means then by all means, it’s the best vfm proposition for enjoying a game… just make sure you are not spoilt by pc and 144hz. 
consoles only just caught up with 60fps (that too with caveats, not perfect)…when whole pc gaming world shifted to 144hz gaming back in 2017. If you think 60 fps is smooth, what would you think if you game at 144hz? 

This whole pc affair would be costly, but you can’t go back from there. The experience is best there is. 

I own multiple same games on pc and consoles. Pc versions of the games are always, always better (except few games like Nier Automata… but then again after patches, it became superior). 

Also, let’s assume that GOTG is unoptimized. 

How’s Deathloop is working out in ps5 btw?  

1080p to 1440p DRS with 60fps without RTX in performance and 1836p to 2160p DRSwith RTX at 30fps in visual ‘cinematic’ isn’t actually something to boast about. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, 0verlord said:

PC hardware is costly, more than 2-3x the price of consoles 

PC games are costly about ₹2500 or above on launch. I am specifically referring to console discs which can be played at a net cost of ₹400 to ₹1000 and nobody plays the same game for more than a few months, at max a year, so selling of console discs is valid

so, is PC gaming worth it and is there a noticeable difference between high and ultra settings, in your opinion?

I am asking because I love every setting to be ultra so much that I’d play at 30fps quality mode on consoles for highest possible settings, hence, would love to get a PC

Get the pc once you are mid gen and you stop getting blown away by the graphics on consoles.

If you are still getting a kick out of new consoles, no point in getting pc cause in 2-3 yrs time, even that would start looking normal/ok. 

You won't have any upgrade path then.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, Assassins Creed said:

Hey but AoE and B4B are on GamePass, How can be topping the charts ? :rofl:

People would rather buy the game than deal with that shitty Windows store. If GP was on steam it would be whole another story.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

People would rather buy the game than deal with that shitty Windows store. If GP was on steam it would be whole another story.

This

*inb4someonesaysitworksforme*

On 11/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, AnK said:

Playstation has been a must own gaming device since PSone,that’s not even a debate. 
It’s a discussion only for ppl who want the absolute best visuals on non Sony & Nintendo AAA games. 

If you want to own just one device & get the most out of it,Playstation is the de facto place to be. 

Flawed argument. PC is way better than consoles for anyone who is purely into MP gaming as well. Sure, PS has a lot of great quality single player games, but if you don't care about them, PC is def better any day. Choose high res or high fps depending on what you want. And not having to play for MP is a boon. Not to mention regional pricing assuming you are okay with the upfront investment.

How the f**k this ended up being in PC thread?!? :blink:

Anyway it’s not a flawed argument. 
if you want a device that has everything. 
It has been PS since 2010.

Apart from Halo,Gears,Forza….it has had all the games one could want.

16 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Sure, PS has a lot of great quality single player games, but if you don't care about them

Obviously if one wants everything on single device ,he cares about them.

26 minutes ago, AnK said:

How the f**k this ended up being in PC thread?!? :blink:

Anyway it’s not a flawed argument. 
if you want a device that has everything. 
It has been PS since 2010.

Apart from Halo,Gears,Forza….it has had all the games one could want.

Obviously if one wants everything on single device ,he cares about them.

Cos you posted it here :P PC is still a superior gaming device when compared to any console any day. You aint win that argument no matter what. What do you mean by a device that has everything? Consoles suck balls as afar as real time strategy games are concerned. And remember backwards compat? I can play games ranging all the way back to 80s to the latest games and even play PS games from previous generations that PS4/PS5 can't.

You should seriously stick to the PS vs Xbox thread. You are out of the water here ?

Edited by l33tmaniac

It was posted in another thread in reply to someone’s comment. 

Also the comment was not meant to prove superiority in anyway.

Just the fact that’s jack of all(accept RTS yes)

About BC….it has that now & most of the popular games are getting remastered/remake anyway. 

One doesn’t expect ppl to be inclined towards dated games of the past that don’t really hold up anymore. 

Edited by AnK