1 minute ago, pArth said:

So 1080Ti > 2070 Super?

2-5%. 1080 Ti is more expensive card. I only suggested it if you can find it for cheaper/half the price of 2070S, which you won't. :P 

For brand new, 2070S is very good setup.

New cards should be announced in August but afraid mid-high end cards won't be on market will year end. Totally up to you if you want to wait for it. They will better cards than current series. 

5 minutes ago, pArth said:

2070S would be able to run games like gears 5, halo inf, forza on ultra? 

And 1440@ 60 possible?

Not sure about Halo Infinite as very little of the game has been shown but you can easily get ultra settings 1440p/60fps on Gears 5 and FH4. Of course, both these games are some of the best optimized games out there.

3 hours ago, pArth said:

2070S would be able to run games like gears 5, halo inf, forza on ultra? 

And 1440@ 60 possible?

Your benchmark should be like RDR2.

Gears 5 is very well optimized, im sure forza is too, idk about halo, it hasn't released yet.

yes you would push above 60 fps at 1440p with that card..

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/benq-ex2780q-27inch-144hz-gaming-monitor-hdri-technology/ if you're set at 1440p, i'd recommend this monitor if it is available for 35k.

It has a 1440p IPS display, with 144hz refresh rate,  2x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, audio out and inbuilt speakers.

LG also has a similar 1440p/144hz/IPS monitor, but afaik they haven't released it in india.

btw for whatever fps res you chose, the GPU that you take will start showing it's age in 3-4 years, so then you either have to drop settings or upgrade.

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That GPU alone costs over 1.2k USD :O

And we have morons in the forum bitching about 500 USD consoles not being able to push past 30 fps in 4k :wallbash:

They can but then the graphics wouldn't be :wOOtjumpy: NEXT GEN :wOOtjumpy:

On PC you can play ancient games like Half Life 2 in 4k and 120fps, but it would still look dated.

resolution only controls the sharpness of the image on your display, if you have a 4k panel and you have a game playing at 720p it would look like blurry sh*t, fps meanwhile makes gameplay smoother, if fps drops below 30 fps your gameplay will feel like a slideshow.

Intel i5 10600 @ 23k on PrimeABGB

:rofl:

what the *bleep*?

ryzen 3600 meanwhile goes for 16k, 15k before cheeni virus induced lockdowns.

25k CPU, 15k motherboard, 5k cpu cooler, Do they seriously expect people to buy this :roflroll:

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Your benchmark should be like RDR2.

Gears 5 is very well optimized, im sure forza is too, idk about halo, it hasn't released yet.

yes you would push above 60 fps at 1440p with that card..

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/benq-ex2780q-27inch-144hz-gaming-monitor-hdri-technology/ if you're set at 1440p, i'd recommend this monitor if it is available for 35k.

It has a 1440p IPS display, with 144hz refresh rate,  2x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, audio out and inbuilt speakers.

LG also has a similar 1440p/144hz/IPS monitor, but afaik they haven't released it in india.

btw for whatever fps res you chose, the GPU that you take will start showing it's age in 3-4 years, so then you either have to drop settings or upgrade.

New LG 1440p monitor came to India, went OOS on amazon, one of the best monitors afaik 

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

This kind of setup

Reveal hidden contents

:P

Alright, quoted so we can come back to this in 2021.

provided we survive as a species that long.

Edited by quixote_1989

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

What's the model number? And can you share the link?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850-B-gaming-monitor

It's called LG 27GL850-B, might cost anywhere from 35k to 45k, who knows.

The BenQ one was 35k before corona lockdown in March

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

A Latest 1TB Samsung Pro SSD would cost as much as a PS5, probably more :roflroll:

A Latest 1TB Samsung Pro SSD would cost as much as a PS5, probably more :roflroll:

That LG monitor looks extremely badass especially at 35k. I have been looking to upgrade to 1440 from 1080p from quite some time but due to non linear scaling of 1080p content i have read that 1080p looks very blured on 1440.

30 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

That LG monitor looks extremely badass especially at 35k. I have been looking to upgrade to 1440 from 1080p from quite some time but due to non linear scaling of 1080p content i have read that 1080p looks very blured on 1440.

if your gpu can do 1080p well it can do 1440p too, just drop a few settings here and there.

Tho i would advise you to buy monitor and gpu to power it together.

PS don't buy anything now, all electronics items seem to have "corona tax" applied to them :rofl:

Every other component out there is 2-4k expensive now :lol:

if your gpu can do 1080p well it can do 1440p too, just drop a few settings here and there.
Tho i would advise you to buy monitor and gpu to power it together.

PS don't buy anything now, all electronics items seem to have "corona tax" applied to them :rofl:

Every other component out there is 2-4k expensive now [emoji38]

Well my 1060 can't really power 1440 so i definitely have to hold that back. Though i am eagerly looking forward to the Ampere and Rdna 2 launch to see how much of a leap they bring especially with the new consoles coming in as well.