29 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

This is a slightly weird query perhaps, but I really enjoyed Asphalt 8.

I want to play it on PC now, but prefer using a controller. I downloaded it off the windows store per usual, and KB is fine but I want to connect my dualshock 4 and use that instead.

I assume the game has controller support, but how do I use the DS4 instead of a gamepad designed to work on PC?

Use inputmapper unless you find a way to add the game to Steam as non-steam game. If you do, you can use DS4 natively. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Use inputmapper unless you find a way to add the game to Steam as non-steam game. If you do, you can use DS4 natively. 

Don't think I'll be able to do. 

However do you have the link to input mapper? Is this like a driver for a DS4 that'll map the buttons to a PC controller?

29 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

However do you have the link to input mapper? Is this like a driver for a DS4 that'll map the buttons to a PC controller?

program that makes games think your ds4 is xbox controller so it will have xbox buttons prompts, and you can use your ds4 to play games instead of kbm

https://inputmapper.com

Though i have personally used http://ds4windows.com and it worked great, not sure how updated it is these days.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

https://inputmapper.com

Though i have personally used http://ds4windows.com and it worked great, not sure how updated it is these days.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Okay then, hopefully this works with Asphalt 8 :) 

On 7/2/2020 at 3:33 PM, Joe Cool said:

Depends on the game and personal preference. 

I usually like playing racing and sport games with a controller. So don't mind those on consoles. Can't stand shooters, online, and RPG games on console. PC all the way. 

Can't stand low FPS/30 fps trash experience on consoles either. 

But for budget gaming, consoles are good. PS4 has some good exclusives too if you are into it. 

Adding further to this line of thought - 

PC has lots of exclusive in terms of old games and thousands of mid  and indie games in steam and other digital platform. If you are above the casual gamer, you must have a PC to  experience it. 

3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Adding further to this line of thought - 

PC has lots of exclusive in terms of old games and thousands of mid  and indie games in steam and other digital platform. If you are above the casual gamer, you must have a PC to  experience it. 

:rofl:

indie bhindi was all you could come up with ?

Steam is literally the dumping ground for any thrash 2rs "indie" pixel art garbage. :lol:

Indie bhindi is a non issue for PC gaming, let alone an "advantage" compared to consoles

I would instead say one advantage PC is with emulators, i mean the emulator "scene" has advanced so much that you can even play certain Nintendo Switch games on PC now :rofl: also PS3 games.

In "exclusives" you have technically-indie-but-definitely-not-bhindi maal like that "Escape from Tarkov" game, or stuff that can only be played well on PC like any RTS game, Total War series, Civ series XCOM and all the genres they belong to

:rofl:

indie bhindi was all you could come up with ?
Steam is literally the dumping ground for any thrash 2rs "indie" pixel art garbage.
Indie bhindi is a non issue for PC gaming, let alone an "advantage" compared to consoles

I would instead say one advantage PC is with emulators, i mean the emulator "scene" has advanced so much that you can even play certain Nintendo Switch games on PC now :rofl: also PS3 games.
In "exclusives" you have technically-indie-but-definitely-not-bhindi maal like that "Escape from Tarkov" game, or stuff that can only be played well on PC like any RTS game, Total War series, Civ series XCOM and all the genres they belong to
Indie vindy are tasty n covers everything

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TIL that Steam or Xbox don't have the "Platinum" trophy achievement that you get on PS4 when you get all the trophies in a base game :/

I am disappoint, was going to get Platinum on AC Odyssey base game only to find out that there isn't one  :(

And this is when Steam has this "Trophy case" section on your profile where you can display up to seven achievements of your choice. 

Can we talk about how amazing DLSS 2.0 is?

Going for 4k monitor might actually be worth it! I was thinking of getting a 1440p monitor for my next upgrade. But if DLSS 2.0 is as good as this in all games then damn.

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Can we talk about how amazing DLSS 2.0 is?

Going for 4k monitor might actually be worth it! I was thinking of getting a 1440p monitor for my next upgrade. But if DLSS 2.0 is as good as this in all games then damn.

Only if it becomes standard, proprietary technologies don't see widespread adoption, i know NVidia has lock on GPU sales currently, but still.

Hope MS picks this up and adds it to DirectX :fear:

Or it becomes some other kind of standard, like nvidia licenses it to companies to integrate into their engines 

27 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Only if it becomes standard, proprietary technologies don't see widespread adoption, i know NVidia has lock on GPU sales currently, but still.

Hope MS picks this up and adds it to DirectX :fear:

Or it becomes some other kind of standard, like nvidia licenses it to companies to integrate into their engines 

I think MS are developing similar tech for DirectX.

Nvidia is reportedly in ‘advanced talks’ to buy ARM for more than $32 billion

If this "sutro se hame pata chala hai" article is true, this is huge, with Apple also moving to ARM SoCs for MacBooks, this is yet another nail in the coffin for Intel and x86 :lol:

Microsoft already has a Surface of some kind with it's own ARM soc built in collaboration with Qualcomm, they can try to make Windows on ARM mainstream.