^ Why not accept it, no stupid problem of memory hogging.

I use FireFox as a daily driver but a stand in is either Internet Explorer or Opera.

• 1 month later...

^^Nope.

Edge pretty much wipes the floor with Chrome (4 non default extensions) and IE on my PC. MUCH faster to launch. Faster at loading websites. Its not even a contest when it comes to speed. Default chrome might be better but with extensions its not even a contest.

Not just me either -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9458/examining-microsoft-edge-browser-performance

In every single instance, Microsoft Edge outperformed Project Spartan from back in January which is a good sign. It is the quickest browser in Google’s Octane 2.0 benchmark, and by a good margin. It is still the slowest in WebXPRT 2013 though. One of the biggest improvements though was the WebGL performance in the Oort Online benchmark, which went from terrible to good.

The other browsers have not been sitting idle though, and in that time they have also made gains in their performance. But the story is still a good one for Edge. It really is right up there with the rest of the browsers in terms of performance. It is quicker in some workloads, and slower in others, but generally performance should not be an issue. It still falls behind in the HTML5 test, but it has made big improvements there as well.

And IE is pretty decent as well. Dont get me wrong, its not gonna be beat Chrome any time but its a very solid browser. Certainly faster than Firefox. Most of lol-ie-is-garbage comes from people who havent used it since IE 7 or some sh*t.

Infact on shitty old HW PCs I would go with IE over Chrome or Firefox any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My work PC is borderline garbage (Dual core proccy and 2 GB RAM) and Chrome pretty much kills it if I open a bunch of tabs and couple of windows. Swapping between apps after takes forever. IE does just fine though.

Edited by Aftrunner

Edge is the fastest browser I have used. It makes my chrome feel like Windows 98.

They done good with that one at least.

Sarcasm? And in IE offence, edge and explorer are different in windows 10.

^^Nope.

Edge pretty much wipes the floor with Chrome (4 non default extensions) and IE on my PC. MUCH faster to launch. Faster at loading websites. Its not even a contest when it comes to speed. Default chrome might be better but with extensions its not even a contest.

Not just me either -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9458/examining-microsoft-edge-browser-performance

And IE is pretty decent as well. Dont get me wrong, its not gonna be beat Chrome any time but its a very solid browser. Certainly faster than Firefox. Most of lol-ie-is-garbage comes from people who havent used it since IE 7 or some sh*t.

Infact on shitty old HW PCs I would go with IE over Chrome or Firefox any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My work PC is borderline garbage (Dual core proccy and 2 GB RAM) and Chrome pretty much kills it if I open a bunch of tabs and couple of windows. Swapping between apps after takes forever. IE does just fine though.

This is Adam Jensen thread :P

Not Windows thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Deus Ex 'Augmented' Pre-order scheme, scrapped

Remember that tiered preorder scheme for Deus Ex: Mankinded, "Augment Your Pre-Order", that we told you about in August? The one where you could only pick one reward from each "tier", and more tiers would only be unlocked by more people preordering the game? The one where the final tier was a four-day early release?

To the relief of almost everyone, it's been cancelled.

Source: PCGamer