Dark Souls 3

KnackChap

for those waiting on the physical version, theres a chance it might be delayed again , atleast thats what my guy tells me.the copies were set arrive on the 2nd but now the distributers are holding them back so that uncharted doesnt eat into whatever sales DS3 is left with after the delay, he also says he'll start selling uc4 discreetly by around the 5th..

Friend's pc copy was already handed over to fedex by a ebay seller on 28th,he provided tracking id aswell but status shows Scheduled delivery Mon 02/05/2016 by 20:00.
either way, if there is any delay again then am cancelling my order.

My advice cancel all the orders and buy it ONLY from grey market.No money should go to Indian distributor at all.I have already cancelled my GTS order and wrote a nice letter to them (i know it wouldnt help but at least i vented out my anger somewhere :lol:

Edited by glados87

Completed the game. It was good and better than Dark Souls 2 overall in terms of combat, level design and boss battles, but not as good as BB in combat and level design. I think BB is a much better game overall in combat, level design and boss battles are also more memorable in BB. Only thing which is lacking in BB is environment, enemy and armor sets variety, which is better in DS3 compared to BB.. Overall all both DS3 and BB are excellent games and must play for Souls series fans..

for those waiting on the physical version, theres a chance it might be delayed again , atleast thats what my guy tells me.the copies were set arrive on the 2nd but now the distributers are holding them back so that uncharted doesnt eat into whatever sales DS3 is left with after the delay, he also says he'll start selling uc4 discreetly by around the 5th..

While I am not saying its not possible, wont other retailers like Amazon, Flipkart and more would get mighty pissed off at this bullshit? Dont they have their customers to serve too?

Edit: And the Uncharted part doesnt make any sense. So they delay the game again so that it releases when? When Uncharted is actually available? Shouldnt they try to sell it before Uncharted at any cost? If they delay, wont people simply cancel their orders and play Uncharted when it arrives? Why would they release it after Uncharted, if they are afraid of it?

Edited by kittoo

My advice cancel all the orders and buy it ONLY from grey market.No money should go to Indian distributor at all.I have already cancelled my GTS order and wrote a nice letter to them (i know it wouldnt help but at least i vented out my anger somewhere :lol:

Yeah everyone should do this. That will let the distributor know they shouldn't bother releasing the next Souls game locally in Indian pricing.

What a bunch of petulant f**king children some people become over games. :doh:

• Like 3

While I am not saying its not possible, wont other retailers like Amazon, Flipkart and more would get mighty pissed off at this bullshit? Dont they have their customers to serve too?

Edit: And the Uncharted part doesnt make any sense. So they delay the game again so that it releases when? When Uncharted is actually available? Shouldnt they try to sell it before Uncharted at any cost? If they delay, wont people simply cancel their orders and play Uncharted when it arrives? Why would they release it after Uncharted, if they are afraid of it?

what my guy told me was people are changing their ds3 orders for uc4 because of the delay and little gap between them. my guess is that ds3 will suffer a rather big delay if this is indeed the case. physical sales for xb1 or pc arent exactly hot in india anyways and most of the ps4 users will prefer to wait a week and get uncharted instead...bamco is such a screw up when it comes to india.not only are their physical shipments shoddy , some games dont even appear on the ps store. my younger brother wanted me to buy him some digimon game earlier this year and not only was there no physical copies , it wasnt even up on ps store india.

good thing though, he ended up importing from play asia cheaper than mrp games here.

as for ds3, its still available in the grey market so most enthusiasts mustve picked it up already. i was gonna get the ps4 retail ver at launch but now im just getting uc4 next week instead.im in the process of assembling a high end pc so ill play ds3 later on

HE JUST TEXTED ME SAYING ITLL NOW BE AVAILABLE ON THE 15th.

though i doubt it, theres always a small chance that he just wants to haggle me for the extra cost of a grey market copy and that he's just lying. but i guess we'll find out in 2 days

Edited by vish9999

Yeah everyone should do this. That will let the distributor know they shouldn't bother releasing the next Souls game locally in Indian pricing.

Seriously? So the customers shouldnt let the company know when they screw up? We are buying games when they release on-time. This 2 time delay is a shitty situation for the customers. Its not about games. It wouldve been the same if it was any other product. This will tell the distributor that people buy from somewhere else when you screw up. Ehsaan nahi kar rahe Indian price main release karke. They release because we buy. its a two way street. Come on, man!

HE JUST TEXTED ME SAYING ITLL NOW BE AVAILABLE ON THE 15th.

though i doubt it, theres always a small chance that he just wants to haggle me for the extra cost of a grey market copy and that he's just lying. but i guess we'll find out in 2 days

Will keep monitoring the GTS website (though its not like they had updated the delay last time). If the delay happens, I am cancelling and getting from grey market. will give my feedback to both Grofers and GTS. Its the only thing I can do.

• Like 1

Seriously? So the customers shouldnt let the company know when they screw up? We are buying games when they release on-time. This 2 time delay is a shitty situation for the customers. Its not about games. It wouldve been the same if it was any other product. This will tell the distributor that people buy from somewhere else when you screw up. Ehsaan nahi kar rahe Indian price main release karke. They release because we buy. its a two way street. Come on, man!o.

And you arent doing a favor by buying it. No one is screwing anyone. It is a two way street. They absolutely are NOT obliged to provide you with the game day 1 or week 1 or month 1 or even year 1. Its a video game. Not a vaccination. Not life saving medicines. Not food supplies for a starved city. Get some f**king perspective. You give them the money when the game is available. If you need it before that then feel free to pay 60$ for it like everyone else is doing in the world. No one is stopping you.

But nope, you want all the benefits of a locally priced game without any of the drawbacks of things like delays.

And all that moving to grey market does is lower legitimate sales. Which in turn is a clear message to publishers to NOT bother releasing the game locally at a lower price. They dont give a sh*t about delays in a country where the game will sell a couple of thousand copies at most anyway. And no one gives two shits about your feedback or nerd rage emails and letters (despite whatever automated "sorry for your inconvenience" mail you might get as a reply). Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

TLDR? Tough sh*t princess, suck it up. :)

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 3

And you arent doing a favor by buying it. No one is screwing anyone. It is a two way street. They absolutely are NOT obliged to provide you with the game day 1 or week 1 or month 1 or even year 1. Its a video game. Not a vaccination. Not life saving medicines. Not food supplies for a starved city. Get some f**king perspective. You give them the money when the game is available. If you need it before that then feel free to pay 60$ for it like everyone else is doing in the world. No one is stopping you.

But nope, you want all the benefits of a locally priced game without any of the drawbacks of things like delays.

And all that moving to grey market does is lower legitimate sales. Which in turn is a clear message to publishers to NOT bother releasing the game locally at a lower price. They dont give a sh*t about delays in a country where the game will sell a couple of thousand copies at most anyway. And no one gives two shits about your feedback or nerd rage emails and letters (despite whatever automated "sorry for your inconvenience" mail you might get as a reply). Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

TLDR? Tough sh*t princess, suck it up. :)

What? So just because the product isnt an absolute necessity, the distributor/producer/retailers have no responsibility? Wow! Thats some logic! I pre-ordered. They have my money, of course they have some responsibility. Did I ask them to advertise or claim 12th April or 3rd May?

And what local price? I am getting it on PS4, for 3500. Its almost $60 only.

Once again, who the hell is moving to grey market for all the games? Only for Dark souls 3. How hard is that to understand? I am supposed to wait till they finally decide to release it, after 2 delays? Low sales of DS3 will give them a hint/incentive for the betterment of all of us, so that they dont do this in future.

And if such a thing happens to you, you suck it up princess. I wont as a customer. Stop telling others that they are petulant or a child.

Edited by kittoo

What? So just because the product isnt an absolute necessity, the distributor/producer/retailers have no responsibility? Wow! Thats some logic! I pre-ordered. They have my money, of course they have some responsibility. Did I ask them to advertise or claim 12th April or 3rd May?

Once again, who the hell is moving to grey market for all the games? Only for Dark souls 3. How hard is that to understand? I am supposed to wait till they finally decide to release it, after 2 delays? Low sales of DS3 will give them a hint/incentive for the betterment of all of us, so that they dont do this in future.

So you gave them your money for a product they didnt have and couldnt provide at the time? Tell me more about how its the local distributors that is to blame in this scenario. :lol:

Then get it digitally. If you want the disc then deal with the hold up instead of throwing a hissy fit. :)

And if such a thing happens to you, you suck it up princess. I wont as a customer. Stop telling others that they are petulant or a child.

It wont. And if I am stupid enough to hand someone my money knowing that they dont even have the product I am buying, I wouldnt complaint about it, I would just get my money back. You know why? Because there is only one guy who is at fault in this scenario and its the guy who gave his money for something that the seller doesnt even have.

So here are your options.

Grow up. Understand that the world wont end if you dont play it for a few weeks. Cancel your pre order and learn your lesson to not do it again. Wait till the game is out and buy it like a normal person.

Or, whine about it on a message board and write them emails and angry letters. I am sure that will make things better. :lol:

Edited by Aftrunner

Just buy digital man. It's like a 1000 bucks more. If you like a game that much, why not save more and get that 1000 bucks? I got the game for 3300 once the first news about delay came. I cancelled my Amazon order for that. Games like DS3 deserve full money.

So you gave them your money for a product they didnt have and couldnt provide at the time? Tell me more about how its the local distributors that is to blame in this scenario. :lol:

It wont. And if I am stupid enough to hand someone my money knowing that they dont even have the product I am buying, I wouldnt complaint about it, I would just get my money back. You know why? Because there is only one guy who is at fault in this scenario and its the guy who gave his money for something that the seller doesnt even have.

Grow up. Understand that the world wont end if you dont play it for a few weeks. Cancel your pre order and learn your lesson to not do it again. Wait till the game is out and buy it like a normal person.

Or, whine about it on a message board and write them emails and angry letters. I am sure that will make things better. :lol:

Oh yeah, like millions of people dont pre-order things in this world and companies dont supply the things on time. Like it isnt a normal practice? Good thing you arent running any such company, or your answer, if such a thing happens, would be- 'Why did you give me money when I didnt have it? Did I say earlier that it was releasing on 12th April? Then 3rd May? Lol sucks to be you. Herp derp.'

Whats your warped logic, man? Who is saying that the world will end lol? Are any complaints binary? Either I dont say anything or I think the world is ending? Tell me you've never been upset about anything. What is it to you when we are discussing about the delay? Why are you so upset that we dont like the delay? How exactly does that matter to you? And what does 'buy it like a normal person' even mean? You have your game, did you buy it abnormally? How is any buying 'normal' or 'abnormal'?

Now, if you will, please stop telling me to 'grow up' or I am 'petulant' or anything. There is no reason to become personal, specially when it doesnt even matter to you. Its an open board and a dark souls thread. People are free to discuss the delay issues.

Just buy digital man. It's like a 1000 bucks more. If you like a game that much, why not save more and get that 1000 bucks? I got the game for 3300 once the first news about delay came. I cancelled my Amazon order for that. Games like DS3 deserve full money.

Yeah I am thinking. Probably will do if the 3rd may delay is real. I held on because I like to have physical copies. How did you get it for 3300? I thought its 3999 on PSN.

Edited by kittoo

U really don't have any idea wat u write do u ?

Seems like someone here is close frnd to distributor/reseller.

Do u have any idea if this sh*t would have happened in US or some first work country wat would have been the scenario.just see the outrage for pre releasing it in japan.

the statement u are making is nothing but an acceptance that u are a third world citizen of a third world country and is always available for getting rammed by any everybody who is doing a "favour" of releasing a game .(and BTW that favour is only applied to u not me at least )

Edited by glados87
  • Like 1

Then get it digitally. If you want the disc then deal with the hold up instead of throwing a hissy fit. :)

Pardon me but it seems you are going way too overboard with your defence of distributors ! Consumer is king these days ! We have a right to protest this delay !

Haven't you heard the lines "Jaago grahak Jago !" ?? :huh:

Edited by mightygamer

U really don't have any idea wat u write do u ?

Seems like someone here is close frnd to distributor/reseller.

Do u have any idea if this sh*t would have happened in US or some first work country wat would have been the scenario.just see the outrage for pre releasing it in japan.

the statement u are making is nothing but an acceptance that u are a third world citizen of a third world country and is always available for getting rammed by any everybody who is doing a "favour" of releasing a game .(and BTW that favour is only applied to u not me at least )

Yup, he seems either in the distribution business or close to them ! <_<