Dark Souls 3

KnackChap

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Now going for Dex for the first playthrough, might add intelligence as second focus on Ng plus.

This game's bosses do seem more difficult than 1 & 2, ridiculously fast and multi phase.

Get some points in str also to wield most of the greatsword/ultragreatsword weapons, i don't there are much weapons out there that depend on high dex stat to wield.

most greatswords seem to have same scaling grade for both str and dex, so you should be good with dex anyway, just get enough str to wield 

GS and UGS are fun weapons, stagger and 2-3 hit kills on the most strongest NPC enemies, and heavy damage to bosses, some bosses also get staggered btw.

i am currently at Lothric Castle and Arch Dragon peak, all other areas completed.

44 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Get some points in str also to wield most of the greatsword/ultragreatsword weapons, i don't there are much weapons out there that depend on high dex stat to wield.

most greatswords seem to have same scaling grade for both str and dex, so you should be good with dex anyway, just get enough str to wield 

GS and UGS are fun weapons, stagger and 2-3 hit kills on the most strongest NPC enemies, and heavy damage to bosses, some bosses also get staggered btw.

i am currently at Lothric Castle and Arch Dragon peak, all other areas completed.

I'm seeing ultra greatswords to be a tad slower for the fast boss fights 

And they are heavy as well, I'll let me go for a sharp build as of now.

Just killed the L&L Twins just now, worst boss fight in any game hands down.

The goal is to kill the little cripple on the big one's back, but that takes forever.

Lothric revived Lorian around 5 times before i could finally euthanize him.

Fugged the Nameless King with FUGS just now, God bless Miyazaki, even with the nerf this sword is a nuke.

Butchered his Firechicken so hard with this, i was getting riposte on the chicken guaranteed.

Did the cringe circle around him strat in 2nd phase and won, apparently all his budget Thor attacks don't work if you practically hug him, his sword spear swings are easy to roll,

and circling around him baits him into doing the lightning spear ground slam AoE and the summon lightning attack where he charges up his spear.

BA1785BBD02DE21BA917E08D1F6A10814A2827BB

I feel like a boss now, not these chumps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Fugged the Nameless King with FUGS just now, God bless Miyazaki, even with the nerf this sword is a nuke.

Butchered his Firechicken so hard with this, i was getting riposte on the chicken guaranteed.

Did the cringe circle around him strat in 2nd phase and won, apparently all his budget Thor attacks don't work if you practically hug him, his sword spear swings are easy to roll,

and circling around him baits him into doing the lightning spear ground slam AoE and the summon lightning attack where he charges up his spear.

Oh, a boss weapon of the hardest boss in dark souls 2 :)

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Double post.

I beat the deacons boss fight now.

Npc quest lines are a pain to follow and too many - using a guide for these.

And now using the lothric knight sword, fast and decent damage.

I like strength weapons a lot as well, two handing them and that jump attack for them is very efficient but let's see how Dex goes for bosses like the twin princess and another that summons his shadow clone.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Double post.

I beat the deacons boss fight now.

Npc quest lines are a pain to follow and too many - using a guide for these.

And now using the lothric knight sword, fast and decent damage.

I like strength weapons a lot as well, two handing them and that jump attack for them is very efficient but let's see how Dex goes for bosses like the twin princess and another that summons his shadow clone.

On the interwebs people say Sellsword Twinblades are very good for DPS if you are dex main.

It's literally 2 swords that you can either 2H for both blades or 1H for use with shield/spell, many other weapons of this category but you get this earliest afaik

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

On the interwebs people say Sellsword Twinblades are very good for DPS if you are dex main.

It's literally 2 swords that you can either 2H for both blades or 1H for use with shield/spell, many other weapons of this category but you get this earliest afaik

They lack range.

Will try them out as well when I have enough stones to upgrade.

Generally lothric knight sword is considered the best weapon in the game, it looks to be a jack of all trades - decent range, decent damage, decent speed, not the best in anything but best hybrid maybe.

Edited by GunnerY2J

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Finally killed Gael, only boss in this NG that made my precious FUGS obsolete.

The damage being done to him just wasn't enough to compenstate for the low swing speed and garbage block

even charged/WA R2 doing only 680 damage.

So i switched to this shield of glory and millwood battleaxe.

Gael 2nd phase is ironically much easier than the first, he is less aggressive with smacking you and has much larger openings in between attacks.

10/10, actually enjoyed this fight, 0 cheapness in Gael, he isn't two teleporting cripples, he isn't some god of war reject on a flying fire-chicken or some undying nun with 30 foot tall giant body guard

Finally SLAYED Darkeater Midir

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

0C26F3D6954AEA95D9125F70D0213C30A87A6BFA

Hardest and most "majestic" boss in this game, with those Godzilla purple laser beams and unique fire animations(fire seems to be darker in the center).

Unlike Gael or Handicapped Bros or Soul of Cinder, the huge health pool, high damage absorption and attacks that can one or two shot you really makes Midir the Final Boss of the game.

Literally me, during and after this fight.

giphy.gif

Now in Video form, just uploaded so it's still 360p :/

Captured using nvidia shadowplay or whatever they call it now.

Video fortunately starts from the least casul parts, where i am being smacked by his paws or roasted by his 10 fire breathing attacks.

Thankfully 2nd phase onwards i stuck to him, so he didn't do the 1-shot Godzilla Laser sweep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The journey ends !

The easiest of all the souls games but the most grindy with 6 covenents to farm.

Thankfully, met some selfless souls on the way who boosted the grind.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

b62c9b3d47f66053e724069e740bea24.jpg004e95ad8c88486d383cbb5baca7b3ca.jpg3a8b172f2b3c33df53876c7d2e1f27c6.jpg
Holy sh*t, all trophies in all games. That's very impressive. Had a question for you. Which among these was

Most Fun?
Least Fun?
Most difficult?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk