Sign in to follow this  
KnackChap

Dark Souls 3

Man the first DLC (painted world) is a real snoozefest. Most of the enemies are either boring or cheap as f**k. And the area itself isnt super interested. Looks like From really took it easy and put in minimum effort. 

Went with Dex, should have gone with strength only it seems.

The deep battle axe has proven to be overpowered for the early game (3 bosses done), it doesn't scale with anything but is quite fast for a high damage axe. 

This is the only dark souls game where strength weapons are also fast, no point in going Dex for a very minute difference in speed.

And the good shields have strength requirement.

Will respec on Ng plus.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:24 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Went with Dex, should have gone with strength only it seems.

The deep battle axe has proven to be overpowered for the early game (3 bosses done), it doesn't scale with anything but is quite fast for a high damage axe. 

This is the only dark souls game where strength weapons are also fast, no point in going Dex for a very minute difference in speed.

And the good shields have strength requirement.

Will respec on Ng plus.

You can respec at Rosaria's also

for melee you either go quality or full str with the FUGS or some other similar weapon.

Only had trouble so far with abyss watchers and dancer, Pontiff was un-doable so i had him mobbed by Anri and Blackhand Gotthard :rofl:

11 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

You can respec at Rosaria's also

for melee you either go quality or full str with the FUGS or some other similar weapon.

Only had trouble so far with abyss watchers and dancer, Pontiff was un-doable so i had him mobbed by Anri and Blackhand Gotthard :rofl:

Now going for Dex for the first playthrough, might add intelligence as second focus on Ng plus.

This game's bosses do seem more difficult than 1 & 2, ridiculously fast and multi phase.

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Now going for Dex for the first playthrough, might add intelligence as second focus on Ng plus.

This game's bosses do seem more difficult than 1 & 2, ridiculously fast and multi phase.

Get some points in str also to wield most of the greatsword/ultragreatsword weapons, i don't there are much weapons out there that depend on high dex stat to wield.

most greatswords seem to have same scaling grade for both str and dex, so you should be good with dex anyway, just get enough str to wield 

GS and UGS are fun weapons, stagger and 2-3 hit kills on the most strongest NPC enemies, and heavy damage to bosses, some bosses also get staggered btw.

i am currently at Lothric Castle and Arch Dragon peak, all other areas completed.

44 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Get some points in str also to wield most of the greatsword/ultragreatsword weapons, i don't there are much weapons out there that depend on high dex stat to wield.

most greatswords seem to have same scaling grade for both str and dex, so you should be good with dex anyway, just get enough str to wield 

GS and UGS are fun weapons, stagger and 2-3 hit kills on the most strongest NPC enemies, and heavy damage to bosses, some bosses also get staggered btw.

i am currently at Lothric Castle and Arch Dragon peak, all other areas completed.

I'm seeing ultra greatswords to be a tad slower for the fast boss fights 

And they are heavy as well, I'll let me go for a sharp build as of now.

Just killed the L&L Twins just now, worst boss fight in any game hands down.

The goal is to kill the little cripple on the big one's back, but that takes forever.

Lothric revived Lorian around 5 times before i could finally euthanize him.

Fugged the Nameless King with FUGS just now, God bless Miyazaki, even with the nerf this sword is a nuke.

Butchered his Firechicken so hard with this, i was getting riposte on the chicken guaranteed.

Did the cringe circle around him strat in 2nd phase and won, apparently all his budget Thor attacks don't work if you practically hug him, his sword spear swings are easy to roll,

and circling around him baits him into doing the lightning spear ground slam AoE and the summon lightning attack where he charges up his spear.

BA1785BBD02DE21BA917E08D1F6A10814A2827BB

I feel like a boss now, not these chumps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Fugged the Nameless King with FUGS just now, God bless Miyazaki, even with the nerf this sword is a nuke.

Butchered his Firechicken so hard with this, i was getting riposte on the chicken guaranteed.

Did the cringe circle around him strat in 2nd phase and won, apparently all his budget Thor attacks don't work if you practically hug him, his sword spear swings are easy to roll,

and circling around him baits him into doing the lightning spear ground slam AoE and the summon lightning attack where he charges up his spear.

Oh, a boss weapon of the hardest boss in dark souls 2 :)

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Double post.

I beat the deacons boss fight now.

Npc quest lines are a pain to follow and too many - using a guide for these.

And now using the lothric knight sword, fast and decent damage.

I like strength weapons a lot as well, two handing them and that jump attack for them is very efficient but let's see how Dex goes for bosses like the twin princess and another that summons his shadow clone.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Double post.

I beat the deacons boss fight now.

Npc quest lines are a pain to follow and too many - using a guide for these.

And now using the lothric knight sword, fast and decent damage.

I like strength weapons a lot as well, two handing them and that jump attack for them is very efficient but let's see how Dex goes for bosses like the twin princess and another that summons his shadow clone.

On the interwebs people say Sellsword Twinblades are very good for DPS if you are dex main.

It's literally 2 swords that you can either 2H for both blades or 1H for use with shield/spell, many other weapons of this category but you get this earliest afaik

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

On the interwebs people say Sellsword Twinblades are very good for DPS if you are dex main.

It's literally 2 swords that you can either 2H for both blades or 1H for use with shield/spell, many other weapons of this category but you get this earliest afaik

They lack range.

Will try them out as well when I have enough stones to upgrade.

Generally lothric knight sword is considered the best weapon in the game, it looks to be a jack of all trades - decent range, decent damage, decent speed, not the best in anything but best hybrid maybe.

Edited by GunnerY2J