Gears of War 4

WhiteWolf

Try sharpening the image in the left and come up with the result that is present in the right. 

Protip: You can't. 

Not talking about textures, just resolution. Because there is definitely an increase in the resolution. I want to know if this is possible with RDR & other X360 games that aren't remastered. 

EDIT: 

Gears 3 is running at native 4K with 720p textures & other graphical enhancements/tweaks on XBX. :) 

Edited by The Panda

off course textures won't see any improvement unless the developer puts a 4k texture patch for the game which I think is a waste of time for such an old game when their current game is doing fine. But 4K is no joke. I started playing black flag on pc 4k@60fps Maxed. Off the course the texture aren't 4k quality but boy does it look 100 times better than 1080p.

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

Bitch bro, is this possible with the other Xbox games as well? Esp RDR? 

Edit: Also, how did they make this possible? 

360 games look much sharper and cleaner on X coz hardware forces 16xAF at much higher resolution. 

Gears 3 also received some other enhancements along with resolution bump. 

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

off course textures won't see any improvement unless the developer puts a 4k texture patch for the game which I think is a waste of time for such an old game when their current game is doing fine. But 4K is no joke. I started playing black flag on pc 4k@60fps Maxed. Off the course the texture aren't 4k quality but boy does it look 100 times better than 1080p.

Shouldn't it be 4 times better ? 

10 hours ago, The Panda said:

Cool. What about RDR? No love?

RDR looks sharper than 360 version with force vsync and faster loadtimes. No other special enhancements by Rockstar. 

360 version was using adaptive vsync.

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally finished this. 

By the end I really enjoyed it and was glad I came back to it to finish it. But I have to say it has an incredibly poor first third. I almost quit. But once you start fighting the locust and hit the mines it really picks up. And the second half of it is fun as all hell. 

I really dont know why they decided to add Robots as the enemies in the opening third but it just doesnt work. Fighting them is boring as f**k, they have no personality and even popping heads feels dull. They really should have stuck to fighting the locust from the get go (something Gears 5 does and has a much better Act I because of it). I didnt really touch MP or horde. I am guessing both are pretty dead on PC anyway. 

Side note, someone explain to me how this is 140GB and Gears 5 is 60 GB? 

12 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

I really dont know why they decided to add Robots as the enemies in the opening third but it just doesnt work. Fighting them is boring as f**k, they have no personality and even popping heads feels dull. They really should have stuck to fighting the locust from the get go (something Gears 5 does and has a much better Act I because of it). I didnt really touch MP or horde. I am guessing both are pretty dead on PC anyway. 

Side note, someone explain to me how this is 140GB and Gears 5 is 60 GB? 

Yep. Killing DeeBees doesn’t feel satisfying as much as killing locust/swarms. (no blood, gore) when they die they just make some kind machinery sound. 

MP is dead for ranked matches (For Asian countries)

you may find a match in quick play and horde. I don’t play horde either but sometime it’s fun playing with friends you know otherwise playing with random sucks. All they wanna do is be Rambo (Run and Gun). They don’t play as team work. 

Gears 4 when came out it was also 60GB(around 50GB on Xbox). They had Total 6 seasons(For MP) so they keep updating/providing(DLC’s) to the game till Gears 5 released. After the final update the size became 101.5GB on xbox. Same way Gears 5 size will eventually increase in the upcoming years. They just dropped Operation 2 on Dec 10 (3months from release date) so same way they will keep adding DLC’s every three months(operation 3,4,5...) until next Gears comes.