Mass Effect: Andromeda

WhiteWolf

You have 10 games to complete :P . This game is already on sale and will hit 30$ mark very soon ~ 3 weeks.

@Zodka

Do you know why it looks and runs great? Frostbite engine. BF1 shits over every MP game in gfx department but that doesn't mean BF1 is an excellent game (not worth 60$). BF1 is fun to play but is more COD than battlefield.

I know Frostbite 3 engine is beast. I can't believe how good it looks even on XboxOne. Engine is seriously impressive.

Heaven

Use Fraps. Post some shots

Use Fraps or some other software. Origin aint steam :P

I know Frostbite 3 engine is beast. I can't believe how good it looks even on XboxOne. Engine is seriously impressive.

Heaven

Use Fraps. Post some shots

Ouukkay!

You guys are going to make me buy this game too now? How is this game for first time Mass Effect players? I played ME2 for a fair bit. Kinda liked it.

Better wait for a sale unless you are a ME fan which I believe you are not.

Those who are planning to play new playthrouh as Female Ryder then I recommend using this character save file.

PC save file can be downloaded from here

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/12/?

Animation is much better on this face. Looks more natural, miles better than weird looking default Ryder. This guy did a amazing job. No mods nothing. All vanilla game textures.

This file also works on consoles. All you have to do is link your Psn or Xbox account with Mass Effect archives through EA Origin account

Archives link for console users

https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/#user/2282755843/playthrough/228026002/gender/female

Once linked. Click on Use this character and then use import option during custom character creation in game.

Male Ryder looks fine. No mods needed. Female Ryder is messed up lol

You guys are going to make me buy this game too now? How is this game for first time Mass Effect players? I played ME2 for a fair bit. Kinda liked it.

If you haven't played any of the other games apart from ME2 then you'll come with no baggage or massive expectations - which is a good thing. The game works well as a soft reboot for the series. Considering it's a whole new story that has very minor references to the original game you should be able to jump in relatively easily. The combat and general gameplay aspects such as driving, crafting etc. are the best in the series so far. Hell, even the story (despite what you may have been hearing/reading) is actually pretty good.

I'm doing quests around the ice planet right now and it looks gorgeous. Like someone said earlier, the little details are really nice - footprints in the snow (even HZD didn't have this), snow slowly accumulating on your armor etc.

People have super high expecations these days, they want every game to be like a Ayn Rand novel is it?

Are you playing it for free?? ....if yes, then its good... otherwise you deserve better, 4 thousand for this is not a good deal at all.

Are you playing it for free?? ....if yes, then its good... otherwise you deserve better, 4 thousand for this is not a good deal at all.

Exactly. People will never buy an iphone without an apple logo, car without a stepney, or an expensive shirt without a tag. Each and every item will work without those thing-ys but never seen people buying them without those thing-ys. When they are asked to pay full price for those things, they want everything but 4k for a game (full price) that ain't even 75% polished is completely fine. If XX is not happy, then it is because XX is expecting too much. Sweet!

Upcoming Patch-

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/here-is-what-bioware-is-fixing-in-the-next-mass-effect-andromeda-patch/

Here are the performance fixes coming in the next patch:

• Enabling Crossfire may not yield to a significant performance increase.
  • Dolby Vision is currently disabled for PC.
  • Screen appears stretched in 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions.
  • Attempting to run the game in 16:9 or 16:10 portrait display may cause the game to crash.
  • Players may experience performance drops in the Storm Canyons.
  • Running in a zig-zag pattern can result in Ryder entering an unintended animation state.
  • Audio may stop during play. Closing and restarting the game will restore audio.v
  • Immediately creating a new Ryder after exiting a current playthrough can result in Journal quest items carrying over and a number of bugson the Hyperion.

Taking advice by someone who's actually playing the game and enjoying rather than someone who judges the game's quality just by observing the negative part. Well, choose!

Exactly. People will never buy an iphone without an apple logo, car without a stepney, or an expensive shirt without a tag. Each and every item will work without those thing-ys but never seen people buying them without those thing-ys. When they are asked to pay full price for those things, they want everything but 4k for a game (full price) that ain't even 75% polished is completely fine. If XX is not happy, then it is because XX is expecting too much. Sweet!

Ahh, what?

The game actually feels like the first Mass Effect, not just in terms of how it plays but also the way these conversations are going. It's 2007 all over again. Mass Effect 1 had so many critics back then, so much that we had to form the MEDF (Mass Effect Defense Force). Even back then, most of the people complaining hadn't even tried you know... actually playing the game.

Taking advice by someone who's actually playing the game and enjoying rather than someone who judges the game's quality just by observing the negative part. Well, choose!

Ahh, what?

Thank you for mentioning that because I don't judge games by watching youtube videos like 90% IVG people do. I always go on twitch and ask professional gamers who are playing MEA about the game quality, etc. If 4 out of 5 gamers, who are streaming MEA to many viewers, tell me that it is not worth 60$ even when some of them got a review copy (free copy= praise)...that's says it all. Talking for 10 mins on why it ain't worth 60$ so that poor gamers can decide... I bow to such people...they are honest and that's all I care about.

It's a good game but a game that you want to rent or wait for a sale. I will do that...

On IVG (mostly)-

1)- Awesome game...lower your expectation a bit...lol.

2)- Looks stunning and gameplay is good...it is a good game. You can't talk about it because you don't own it...lol.

3)- Developers didn't have time...bastard EA but whatever khichdi they made is good and you should buy it. If you can't, then don't post negative things about it...lol.

4)- My fav genre...you are not allowed to talk sh*t about it...lol.

5)- I have not facing any issues...must be your poor pc/console...lol.

Thank you!

Thank you for mentioning that because I don't judge games by watching youtube videos like 90% IVG people do. I always go on twitch and ask professional gamers who are playing MEA about the game quality, etc. If 4 out of 5 gamers, who are streaming MEA to many viewers, tell me that it is not worth 60$ even when some of them got a review copy (free copy= praise)...that's says it all. I bow to such people...they are honest and that's all I care about.

It's a good game but a game that you want to rent or wait for a sale. I will do that...

:rofl:

:rofl:

Have you ever been on a professional gamer twitch?

Why don't you play battlefield game (you are a champ right?) against Hans or pentapiidde? Or fightingcowboy if you are into dark soul kinda games or if you like RTS game, then try any RTS game 1v1 against Jove or Luvnest. If you can even hold against them (not even talking about winning), I will bow to you.

I know MEA has some issues but lets dial back on the hyperbole a bit? Unity was a straight up broken game. sh*t framerate, sh*t performance, glitches and crashes everywhere. NMS was barely even a game.

MEA on the other hand, sounds like has some minor problems blown the hell out of proportion.

That is true but i am saying whats the trend now.People will bash if standard things are not done right.Heck even Horizon was put to the Sword for that Side Quests Animation.

Expectations are high now with games like Witcher 3 despite being so huge delivering on All Fronts.

I expect more backlash in future for unpolished and buggy games.

Have you played the game or you also take advise from professional gamers on Twitch? Lol 😁

It's definitely worth 3k tag coz it has more content than any ME game. You should play it instead of trusting reviews blindly. Technical issues are in many AAA games. If MEA is not worth 3k then Fallout 4 is also not worth 3k coz that game is more buggy than MEA and story nd all is nothing special.

Game is good like MEA but nothing special. :)

Why don't you play battlefield game (you are a champ right?) against Hans or pentapiidde? Or fightingcowboy if you are into dark soul kinda games or if you like RTS game, then try any RTS game 1v1 against Jove or Luvnest. If you can even hold against them (not even talking about winning), I will bow to you.

MEA is nothing like DS or BF. You taking advise from wrong people lol

I have played all ME games multiple times. There's nothing you or your twitch experts can tell me about these games that I don't know.

People who bought the game will praise coz you know - buyer bias. You would tend to look only at the positives since you've already bought it ;-)

On the other hand it's true what others have said - after playing games like the Witcher 3 and horizon, expectation is high. When the publisher demands full price to be paid what's wrong in expecting a polished product ? I can understand things like setting/story are subjective. But there's no excuse for screwing up technical aspects of the game like animation.

If you are playing a game despite technical glitches, well maybe your are rich or you are too broadminded. But to expect others to give such a game a chance especially at the price of 4000 is being elitist !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Professional gamers twitch 😂😂

*Sigh*

Can we accept that some people are convinced by YouTubers / GIFs / Reviews / Professional Gamers / <insert your valuable source of info here> that the game is not worth buying while others are actually playing and enjoying it and go back to actually talking about the game please?

It's clear that this is a mixed reactions kind of game. No need to beat the dead horse over and over again. Someone posts something they liked in the game to which someone else says "eh still not worth $60!". This is a game discussion thread, no one is posting these opinions to make you buy the game. They're discussing the game because it's fun to talk to others who are also experiencing it. If you're convinced that the game is not for you, you'd probably not even bother clicking on the thread.

Trust me, I understand that people want the best for the money they spend. People spend 90K on iPhones but I can make a list of flaws it has. I could say that even with so much money spent I can't even get a 3.5mm audio jack! Yet there will be people who would think it's worth the price. I paid full price for Dragon Age: Inquisition and spent 25 hours with it, you may say that based on the time played I probably got my money's worth, but I don't think so, because it was a game I couldn't even manage to finish. Is ME:A worth spending 4K? Maybe not, especially if you want perfection with every game you buy. Is it a decent game that's fun to play? Absolutely!

You know I could make a compilation of goofs from a movie like The Matrix. Notice that when Neo does his backwards dodge thing all the bodies and Trinity disappear from the roof and there are many such examples in the movie. If you just saw just that compilation without watching the whole movie you'd think the movie is crap and the directors and VFX guys couldn't even get basic stuff right. However when you watch these scenes as a part of the movie you probably wouldn't even notice them. The movie is still a great product overall. While this is a simple analogy this is more or less what's going on with ME:A's media coverage. Yes there are issues and glitches but in the grand scheme of things and given how large the scope of the game is they hardly matter.

Sorry for the rant. I really want to have a sane discussion on the actual game, the quests, the story, and characters but it's been the same thing over and over again.

Archived