Mass Effect: Andromeda

WhiteWolf

People who bought the game will praise coz you know - buyer bias. You would tend to look only at the positives since you've already bought it ;-)

On

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I bought Destiny for 3500 and I hate that game. Iam trying to sell it but no one wants to buy it even for 500Rs lol

I bought UC4 at launch. It's a good game. I liked it but not enough to recommend it my close friends. I bought UC3 and I didn't like it that much.

I bought MP3 at launch and hated it. I think it's complete garbage game and ruined entire Max Payne legacy.

I bought GTA4 and I hate it too.

List goes on and on. So, you are wrong to say that people who bought MEA at launch the game will ignore all flaws and just praise it blindly. Everyone is giving his honest opinion here. .

There are many here who bought ROTR at launch and didn't like it. Mohit bought ROTR at launch and he hates it.

^^

hmm

now ur making me to buy the game :P

btw i really liked dragon age inquisition

You will love Andromeda then.

On the other hand it's true what others have said - after playing games like the Witcher 3 and horizon, expectation is high. When the publisher demands full price to be paid what's wrong in expecting a polished product ? I can understand things like setting/story are subjective. But there's no excuse for screwing up technical aspects of the game like animation.

Neo

MEA is more polished game than Witcher 3 on consoles. Most animation issues are minor and doesn't affect your experience in major way. Patch is also coming to fix issues. Don't forget Witcher 3 was also buggy at launch with lot performance issues on consoles.

You will not find super polished multiplatform open world games. Zero Dawn is first party and gets full support from Sony to get best out of hardware.

Name one super polished multiplatform open world game like ZD?. Almost every multiplatform open world game is buggy at launch. Even GTAV had issues at launch but it was not major.

Multiplatform devs don't get same support as they make games for multiple platforms.

I bought Destiny for 3500 and I hate that game. Iam trying to sell it but no one wants to buy it even for 500Rs lol

I bought UC4 at launch. It's a good game. I liked it but not enough to recommend it my close friends. I bought UC3 and I didn't like it that much.

Thats some weird sh*t :rofl: Its a good game but you wont recommend a good game to your friends so what will you recommend to your friends :rofl:

Sorry for the rant. I really want to have a sane discussion on the actual game, the quests, the story, and characters but it's been the same thing over and over again.

That's impossible here :P. Moment you will say something good, haters will come and say you are praising it coz you bought it. Lol

Back to topic

Understanding MEA combat -

http://segmentnext.com/2017/03/18/understanding-mass-effect-andromeda-combat/

You will love Andromeda then.

Neo

MEA is more polished game than Witcher 3 on consoles. Most animation issues are minor and doesn't affect your experience in major way. Patch is also coming to fix issues. Don't forget Witcher 3 was also buggy at launch with lot performance issues on consoles.

You will not find super polished multiplatform open world games. Zero Dawn is first party and gets full support from Sony to get best out of hardware.

Name one super polished multiplatform open world game like ZD. Almost every multiplatform open world game is buggy at launch. Even GTAV had issues at launch but it was not major.

Multiplatform devs don't get same support as they make games for multiple platforms.

Whatever, it's fun to see ppl rushing to defend games they bought.... lol :D

*Sigh*

Sorry for the rant. I really want to have a sane discussion on the actual game, the quests, the story, and characters but it's been the same thing over and over again.

Don't be sorry, i understand the frustration ! But I think, when more ppl buy the game there'll be more relevant discussions. Currently the no of ppl disappointed with the game (albeit mainly thru reviews, general impressions on web etc) far outnumber the ones who are playing it, so yeah, there'll be more negative comments for some time. Just don't defend it so much and ppl will move on on their own.

Don't be sorry, i understand the frustration ! But I think, when more ppl buy the game there'll be more relevant discussions. Currently the no of ppl disappointed with the game (albeit mainly thru reviews, general impressions on web etc) far outnumber the ones who are playing it, so yeah, there'll be more negative comments for some time. Just don't defend it so much and ppl will move on on their own.

If you go back and read all my impressions, at no point am I actively defending the game or even telling people to buy it. I have pointed out it's flaws fairly elaborately. Yet, people think it's "defending". All I really want to do is help people understand that there are good and bad aspects (as with any game), it's up to you to decide what you fixate on. My overall perception of the game is positive and I'm having fun. It's called "sharing", not "defending", that's what forums like IVG are for, isn't it? If I didn't like the game I'd be open about it. I was extremely underwhelmed by the 10-hour trial and I even posted about that and I had already bought the game back then. I didn't even start playing until I finished Nier: Automata.

I apologize if some comments went into the "defending" territory. That really wasn't the point.

Just finished the first vault at Eos. Got to say, the scale of the vault level was pretty amazing, though the battles were okayish. But if this is the scale of a starting level, I hope the finale will be a delight. Not to happy with the nomad, i hated the mako and I hate the nomad. Not cos of the controls or anything, just feel that they do not add anything to the game.

And So happy that there are krogans as party member in the game, they are the mandolorians of the ME universe. Been playing as a Solider/Combat character so far which is my staple start for any RPG, if there are multiple endings might have a second playthrough as a biotic.

And there is way too much stuff to do in the game, but the god damn inventory and journals are way too unorganized, crafting is a pain in the a*s. But all this is okay cos the fleshy part, i.e, the story seems to be intriguing as they seem to be 3 potential antagonists in the game. Keeps you wondering.

Whatever, it's fun to see ppl rushing to defend games they bought.... lol :D

Will keep this in mind next time you praise or defend any game :P

:lol:

Amazing radar technology wow. :rofl:

Madmage

Inventory management is pain but you get used to it after spending few hours.

Nomad is lot of fun to drive after applying few upgrades

Will keep this in mind next time you praise or defend any game :P

Amazing radar technology wow. :rofl:

Madmage

Inventory management is pain but you get used to it after spending few hours.

Nomad is lot of fun to drive after applying few upgrades

Nahi nahi, i laughed at 'professional players in twitch' as well last page. I like laughing at funny things :lol:

Just finished the first vault at Eos. Got to say, the scale of the vault level was pretty amazing, though the battles were okayish. But if this is the scale of a starting level, I hope the finale will be a delight. Not to happy with the nomad, i hated the mako and I hate the nomad. Not cos of the controls or anything, just feel that they do not add anything to the game.

And So happy that there are krogans as party member in the game, they are the mandolorians of the ME universe. Been playing as a Solider/Combat character so far which is my staple start for any RPG, if there are multiple endings might have a second playthrough as a biotic.

And there is way too much stuff to do in the game, but the god damn inventory and journals are way too unorganized, crafting is a pain in the a*s. But all this is okay cos the fleshy part, i.e, the story seems to be intriguing as they seem to be 3 potential antagonists in the game. Keeps you wondering.

Combat gets a lot more fun once you unlock some of the better powers. I'm having a lot of fun zipping around the battlefield and using melee. The key is not to play it as a cover shooter but use the mobility they've added to the game. The jetpack/ground pound is damn satisfying! I'm also playing as Soldier btw. I just wish there were more enemy types to fight.

A lot of people thought the character-building aspect of the game was dumbed down when in fact it's quite the opposite. You can definitely spec for a particular role, create a hybrid build or even have a jack of all trades build and still make it effective.

As for the Nomad, it's actually one of my favorite additions to the game, definitely a lot more fun than driving the Mako (though Mako was kinda fun in it's own glitchy way). The removal of a ground vehicle in 2/3 actually made those games feel smaller in scale.

Some more nitpicky stuff that I meant to post before:

- Why can't we skip the flying animation while scanning the systems? Ugh...

- Same goes for planetary take-off / landing. These are still understandable as they mask loading times but there's no reason for the system scanning to have the unskippable animations,

- Dialogues get cut-off way too frequently while exploring. It's a shame because the banter can be fun at times.

- Yeah SAM I know the f**king Strike Teams are ready to deploy!

People who bought the game will praise coz you know - buyer bias. You would tend to look only at the positives since you've already bought it ;-)

On the other hand it's true what others have said - after playing games like the Witcher 3 and horizon, expectation is high. When the publisher demands full price to be paid what's wrong in expecting a polished product ? I can understand things like setting/story are subjective. But there's no excuse for screwing up technical aspects of the game like animation.

If you are playing a game despite technical glitches, well maybe your are rich or you are too broadminded. But to expect others to give such a game a chance especially at the price of 4000 is being elitist !

This is like to say that people who didn't bought the game gives multiple excuses and ask 'professional gamers on twitch' to maintain their oppose towards the game.

A Game which is released on consoles and PC is compared with a system exclusive? lol. Even W3 had tons of bugs and glitches at the beginning which took almost a year to polish via patches. If someone doesn't want to play with few bugs here and there then they're free to wait for patches and even sale. No body is asking anybody to get this right away!

If you go back and read all my impressions, at no point am I actively defending the game or even telling people to buy it. I have pointed out it's flaws fairly elaborately. Yet, people think it's "defending". All I really want to do is help people understand that there are good and bad aspects (as with any game), it's up to you to decide what you fixate on. My overall perception of the game is positive and I'm having fun. It's called "sharing", not "defending", that's what forums like IVG are for, isn't it? If I didn't like the game I'd be open about it. I was extremely underwhelmed by the 10-hour trial and I even posted about that and I had already bought the game back then. I didn't even start playing until I finished Nier: Automata.

I apologize if some comments went into the "defending" territory. That really wasn't the point.

Point

If you are playing a game despite technical glitches, well maybe your are rich or you are too broadminded. But to expect others to give such a game a chance especially at the price of 4000 is being elitist !

Thank you! :clapping:

MEA is nothing like DS or BF. You taking advise from wrong people lol

I have played all ME games multiple times. There's nothing you or your twitch experts can tell me about these games that I don't know.

You are rich but I am not. So I decide after actually hearing out people who got the game for free and won't be biased ~ buyer biased as Neo said. Other than Tyler, most people said glitches are fine and it is worth 4k which is nothing but a biased opinion. I know you own 2 titans and 1 ps4 and 1 xbox one but we ain't that rich mate. Also only you can ask BF guys about MEA.

Anyways, offtopic bahut ho gaya. Please go ahead and talk about the opieawesomeness of this game. :)

I won't compare it with Max Payne 3 tbh, the feel of the combat is different. However I can tell you that the guns here feel nice and heavy, sound great and the controls are very snappy. Also your jetpack gives you a lot of mobility and of course there are the tech and biotic powers. Overall it's one of the best combat systems you'll find in an RPG. If you put all the RPG elements aside, it is a pretty solid third-person shooter.

Anyway, 100%-ed Voeld and really enjoyed it. It had a very Star Wars-like feel...

A rag tag band of Resistance soldiers fighting off an occupying force on an icy planet.

Also (post-main mission spoilers)...

Loved the change in the look of the planet after you start terraforming.

So game's shooting is as good as Max Payne 3?

I dunno why are you comparing that game with this but ME:A is more like a sci-fi tactical shooter while Max Payne is a bullet time action.

this might give you a hint.

It's the same as showed

Archived