Mass Effect: Andromeda

WhiteWolf

Yes true Horizon it is .Nier,Persona and Nioh are your standard games.They are very very good but they are just improving on what has already been done before in many games but Horizon is quite Unique.Must Buy over all these.

I didn't mean to say Nioh is an average run of the mill game. It's an amazing game in it's own right, but it's not a game for everybody like Horizon. Horizon is more of a commercial mass appeal game with an interesting story and gorgeous visuals which can be enjoyed by the mainstream audience. Nioh is a very niche game with a very steep learning curve, average visuals and the story doesn't make sense most of the time (also, most of the voice over is in japanese, so you are forced to read subtitles). It may not be everyone's cup of tea !

Edmonton is their main Bioware studio. Rest are just side studios with Bioware name attached to them.

Everyone knows that. However it's still Montreal that was the lead studio on this game. Apparently folks have been moved to other teams. In other words, bare minimum investment to support ME:A MP / patches.

Should not be a surprise considering the amount of hate it got !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Some of the hate was overblown thanks to the internet echo chamber. Having playing it to completion (close to 100%), yes it is a flawed game with some great parts and some terrible ones. But it's certainly not the universal disaster everyone makes it out to be. I can see the rationale behind this decision though. The series still has tremendous potential, Bioware just needs to get it's act together and do what they do best. No one wants an open-world Frankenstein's monster with hundreds of pointless quests, just a well written RPG with memorable moments and characters and fun gameplay.

Everyone knows that. However it's still Montreal that was the lead studio on this game. Apparently folks have been moved to other teams. In other words, bare minimum investment to support ME:A MP / patches.

Some of the hate was overblown thanks to the internet echo chamber. Having playing it to completion (close to 100%), yes it is a flawed game with some great parts and some terrible ones. But it's certainly not the universal disaster everyone makes it out to be. I can see the rationale behind this decision though. The series still has tremendous potential, Bioware just needs to get it's act together and do what they do best. No one wants an open-world Frankenstein's monster with hundreds of pointless quests, just a well written RPG with memorable moments and characters and fun gameplay.

Yeah gamers can be real self entitled sh1ts at times, remember how the internet voted EA as the worst company in the world just coz they messed up sim city have ? I mean they ranked them above the company that spilled oil in the ocean !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don't think they're going to kill the series. MEA still sold 5 million units (according to NPD) in the first month alone. It'll be back. Just not as soon as we'd like.

I don't think that is true. 5 million according to NPD in the first month is impossible. Let me check.

Is it just me or the face textures seem to have been dialed down in 1.06?

The lipstick part is very apparent, but Sara's face and expressions does look slightly improved. Almost at the end of the game now.

• 2 weeks later...

Started with this game, still in the first mission (It's longer than what I had anticipated).

Seems neutral so far. Any beginner tips?

Started with this game, still in the first mission (It's longer than what I had anticipated).

Seems neutral so far. Any beginner tips?

Explore everything to collect the resources, it'll help you in the game later.

Don't use all the research points early in-game, you'll find better weapons schematics later for you to develop which'll need those points.

Scan everything. You'll need those research points.

Look out for remnant treasures when you enter remnant vaults.

Augmentations (which are used to buff weapons and armor) can be very limited. When you have it in a weapon or armor don't sell them instead dismantle them to get those augmentations back.

First world EOS is very huge. Don't leave too early. Explore!

Enjoy the game. :)

Archived