Mass Effect: Andromeda

WhiteWolf

Cooper (Trying to save his ex) begins by pointing out that creating facial animations for an RPG like Mass Effect is very different from animating faces in a game like Uncharted. In Uncharted, dialogue sequences are fully scripted and animations for each dialogue are hand crafted. In RPGs like Mass Effect, the player chooses among dialogue options which lead to different paths through a conversation. Rather than a single, scripted dialogue sequence there are any number of possible dialogue paths. Facial animations must be created for all of these paths.

In a conversation-heavy game like Mass Effect: Andromeda, the number of dialogue paths is enormous. To handle this volume, short facial animation segments are sequenced by a designer using a conversation tool that looks and functions like the timelines in DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that music producers and DJs use to create tracks.

Joker :lol: Every open world has 10k dialogues.

And it's not only animation but character movement is also so bad...looks like a midget running around.

Wo EA ka employee nahi. He is just defending his ex who was unfairly targeted by assholes. He is just giving his opinion about Andromeda animation. Nothing funny about it.

And wtf Every open world has 10k dialogues? You mean open world rpg? Ghost Recon Wildlands mein 10k dialogues nahi hai.lol Ghost Recon Wildlands mein bas - Baby makes 3 and f**kstick boltey hai. Lol

Animations in Bethesda rpg games are far worse than Bioware games. Do you want me to start posting them in Skyrim thread? Lol

Atleast Bioware is using new engine unlike Bethesda lol. Bc age old Gamebryo abhi tak chaalo lol.

And it's not only animation but character movement is also so bad...looks like a midget running around.

Walking animation is fixed. Female Ryder walking animation is better after the patch. Game khel fir bol. Gifs aur videos mat dekh.

Wo EA ka employee nahi. He is just defending his ex who was unfairly targeted by assholes. He is just giving is opinion about Andromeda animation. Nothing funny about it.

And wtf Every open world has 10k dialogues? You mean open world rpg? Ghost Recon Wildlands mein 10k dialogues nahi hai.lol Ghost Recon Wildlands mein bas - Baby makes 3 and f**kstick boltey hai. Lol

Animations in Bethesda rpg games are far worse than Bioware games. Do you want me to start posting them in Skyrim thread? Lol

Atleast Bioware is using new engine unlike Bethesda lol. Bc age old Gamebryo abhi tak chaalo lol.

Ghost recon is an RPG now? Kk den.

Bethesda has bad animations, bad gfx, okayish story BUT more content than any bioware game plus open source for mods to do the thing.

Bioware only saving point is frostbite engine which they don't even own (EA does) otherwise it would have been a nightmare.

Yes almost every open world RPG has 10k dialogues. To start with, Witcher 3, etc, etc.

As for *ex employee*, that's why he has *trying to save his ex* written. Nothing wrong in accepting that you made a decent game with good combat system but destroyed animations. 5 years in development and then they have guts to say *not enough time* too.

Abey main Ghost Recon Wildlands ko rpg nahi bol raha hoon. Iam saying that you are wrong that every open world game has 10k dialogues coz Ghost Recon Wildlands is also open world but with very dialogues. Character mostly repeat same lines most of the times lol.

10k dialogues zyaada kar rpg games mein hotey hai.

And Bioware is owned by EA only. So they will use Frostbite for every game.

Bioware used to support mods. But since they moved to Frostbite, they completely dropped the support.

Abey main Ghost Recon Wildlands ko rpg nahi bol raha hoon. Iam saying that you are wrong that every open world game has 10k dialogues coz Ghost Recon Wildlands is also open world but with very dialogues. Character mostly repeat same lines most of the times lol.

10k dialogues zyaada kar rpg games mein hotey hai.

And Bioware is owned by EA only. So they will use Frostbite for every game.

Bioware used to support mods. But since they moved to Frostbite, they completely dropped the support.

Well isn't it obvious that by open world I mean rpg genre since he is talking only about rpg and mass effect is also kinda an RPG? Nevermind.

If game is Open world that doesn't mean it's RPG. GTA is grand daddy of all open world games but it's not Rpg.

And yes, Mass Effect is also full on rpg from top to bottom just like Witcher, Skyrim nd all. Andromeda is overloaded with Rpg systems from top to bottom lol.

Walking animation is fixed. Female Ryder walking animation is better after the patch. Game khel fir bol. Gifs aur videos mat dekh.

You know there is a website called Twitch where you can ask people who are playing Mass Effect for 1k viewers about animations and movement, right? I was on Stormless stream yesterday and I asked him about movement and he said that movement is STILL weired and when you move on uphill/downhill, your character still looks/moves like a midget.

His character is a male.

Just played one match.

Really enjoying exploring all the planets. All main planets look completely different from each other and all are fun to explore with lots of interesting quests and Alien dungeons.

Also those who are wondering why there aren't many new species in Andromeda -

Ancient Alien race named Remnant destroyed All Alien races except Angara in Andromeda by terraformig almost all planets in Andromeda .

Angara somehow survived coz they are quite advanced and highly trained combatants, who are fighting against Kett and also Remnant for years. When Andromeda Initiative team entered Andromeda Galaxy, they all got separated and landed on different Andromeda planets, where they are trying to survive somehow by building their own small colonies.

Your job as Pathfinder is to help these colonies by restoring normal life on the planets by defeating Remnants.

Lol only Bioware can make people like MP matches in horde mode. How the mighty have fallen. This game proves that you can dudebrovise any gaming franchise and people will lap it up.

Bina kheley bakwaas?

Coop mode is optional and by different team. There's no dude bro stuff in that mode or in main game.

Story mode is completely separate and is quite good so far.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1354847

Already posted but iam posting it again for everyone.

Creative weapons can be made if you add augmentations in process of development. Each augmentations have different perks which can be applied to various weapons and armor thus it gives advantages to every single part distinctively.

Combat is the crucial part in this game, Bioware have definitely put their effort into combat system. I think the previous mass effect games (especially the third installment) had good story but lacked variety in combat.

I'm at Voeld right now. The snowy planet which contains rich minerals but suffering from Global Cooling. Did the Remnant decryption puzzles (this game made me learn Sudoku :giggle: ) and completed the vault and placed the settlement now it's up to initiative to decide. Now continuing with the main quests.

Heading there once I've finished all quests in Voeld. Playing on very hard tho.

Make sure you get 100% completion on every planet and also defeat architect on every planet. Your ending is tied to planet viability I think.

There are missable Remnant secrets on every planet which are not visible on map.

Make sure you get 100% completion on every planet and also defeat architect on every planet. Your ending is tied to planet viability I think.

There are missable Remnant secrets on every planet which are not visible on map.

Yea I'm on it. Game is freakin huge. Too many side quests and some of them aren't just fetch ones. It affects on gameplay and story too! Like there is a side quest of peebee where she gives you a powerful remnant ability exclusively if you complete her mission.

Archived