KnackChap

I'm almost near the end, completing all the side stuff now, only one more corrupted zone left. I don't think I have the patience for all three collectibles though. BTW , is there any way to check if I've missed out on any errands/side quests ?

The amount of collectibles in this game is still sensible, certainly not like the Assassin's Creed games. Note that they are needed for the platinum. I collected everything gradually and didn't leave anything for later. Usually I try to do everything available once I reach a certain section of the map, including collectibles so the whole process never became painful at any point. Some of them lead you to some great vistas that I would have missed otherwise.

As for the side quests, outside of checking a guide the only way to tell in-game is to check if you have been to every settlement (house icons) and there are no outstanding quest markers on the map.

Completed the game. The ending was quite decent and that thing about

lisbet's backstory at the end

was a neat little emotional touch. The game explains quite a lot of stuff leaving out just enough for a possible sequel. Overall I've to say this is definitely one of the best games on PS4, perhaps can even be counted among the best games in the past decade.

Pros :

+ Plot is very well developed and narrated. It has quite good amount of twists to keep you playing until the very end. The last time I was so invested in a plot was Mass Effect ( the first one). It also provides a sufficiently decent closure.

+ Beautifully realized world - especially considering it's an open world game. The amount of variety in surroundings will baffle you - lush green forests, canyons, snow-clad mountains and vast deserts.

+ Excellent combat which never gets tiring until the end. It's very easy to get started and just gets better as you play. Tinker is like the first ability anyone should get, feels like the game is crafted around that !

+ Amazing enemy types. Comes close to bloodborne (or perhaps even surpasses it at times) , when it comes to attention to detail and variety in enemy design.

+ Decent enough AI (for machines atleast). Keeps you on your toes, even at the higher levels.

+ Open world stuff like bandit camps, corrupt zones etc., are just the right number so that they don't really feel like a chore !

Cons (more like nitpicks actually):

- Platforming can get tedious at times since aloy can only climb at certain points. Sometimes you got to go around in circles before finding the right spot to hook on !

- Open world isn't really that open (compared to other games like fallout / witcher 3 etc). For ex: there're no bars to rest at / games to play etc. No companions, safe houses etc , not much cosmetic customization available for Aloy either. So most of the times, the only activity apart from quests is to hunt machines (which is GOOD), but if you want to play this game only for the open world stuff, you might be a little disappointed.

- Day/night cycles aren't controllable. So you cannot really choose the time of the day.

- Inventory is a mess and crafting could really use some tuning.

- Also, the story is quite linear, no branching story-lines / choices etc. Game will play out exactly the same irrespective of the dialog options (which are very little btw). This also means, there's very little replay value.

Edited by Ne0

Completed the game. The ending was quite decent and that thing about

lisbet's backstory at the end

was a neat little emotional touch. The game explains quite a lot of stuff leaving out just enough for a possible sequel. Overall I've to say this is definitely one of the best games on PS4, perhaps can even be counted among the best games in the past decade.

Pros :

+ Plot is very well developed and narrated. It has quite good amount of twists to keep you playing until the very end. The last time I was so invested in a plot was Mass Effect ( the first one). It also provides a sufficiently decent closure.

+ Beautifully realized world - especially considering it's an open world game. The amount of variety in surroundings will baffle you - lush green forests, canyons, snow-clad mountains and vast deserts.

+ Excellent combat which never gets tiring until the end. It's very easy to get started and just gets better as you play. Tinker is like the first ability anyone should get, feels like the game is crafted around that !

+ Amazing enemy types. Comes close to bloodborne (or perhaps even surpasses it at times) , when it comes to attention to detail and variety in enemy design.

+ Decent enough AI (for machines atleast). Keeps you on your toes, even at the higher levels.

+ Open world stuff like bandit camps, corrupt zones etc., are just the right number so that they don't really feel like a chore !

Cons (more like nitpicks actually):

- Platforming can get tedious at times since aloy can only climb at certain points. Sometimes you got to go around in circles before finding the right spot to hook on !

- Open world isn't really that open (compared to other games like fallout / witcher 3 etc). For ex: there're no bars to rest at / games to play etc. No companions, safe houses etc , not much cosmetic customization available for Aloy either. So most of the times, the only activity apart from quests is to hunt machines (which is GOOD), but if you want to play this game only for the open world stuff, you might be a little disappointed.

- Day/night cycles aren't controllable. So you cannot really choose the time of the day.

- Inventory is a mess and crafting could really use some tuning.

- Also, the story is quite linear, no branching story-lines / choices etc. Game will play out exactly the same irrespective of the dialog options (which are very little btw). This also means, there's very little replay value.

About no replay and no branching stories.. guess guerilla was well aware of that.. hence the plat in single playthrough..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The reason for the robot apocalypse comes off as generic when you first find out about it, especially since it's been done in sci-fi so many times before.

Any movie where this kind of cyborg machine apocalypse happens?

Yeah the reason for the apocalypse was pretty basic, and I had a vague idea of where the game's plot would go & who the villains would be even before I played it. But without getting into spoilers, I still had to wiki a bunch of the terminology towards the end.

I think the people complained more about lack of interesting characters than the actual plot, which is actually pretty interesting if you like Sci-fi.

Actually the only interesting character was sylens... Yes, the story is interesting for a sci Fi lover....I literally got Goosebumps when the ai welcomes Aloy into the bunker on makers end !

IMO makers end is the best quest in the game !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Edited by Ne0

Matrix, Terminator have cyborg animals like this game? I am talking about robo dinosaurs or other huge animals. Matrix is just machines ruling, and Terminators is just robots and AI.

I am talking about prehistoric or weird machine animals roaming around and almost ruling the world. I don't think it has been done before. Also all these machines ruling the world stories have the machines ruling a technologically more advanced world, not a world where people live in tribes.

Sure robots and machines ruling is done to death, but cyborg dinosaurs and other animals roaming around in a backwards civilization is a pretty unique concept. Unless anyone knows any movie or TV series or a book that has similar setting.

A prehistoric post apocalyptic world where cyborg machines like dinosaurs roam free.

^^ I don't think there're any such well known movies if you go so specific as robo animals !

I thought your question was about robots in general. But the general idea of the game i.e., of a rogue ai overtaking humans had been shown in many movies, them being animals is perhaps unique to this game.

The entire Gaia thing and the reason why those machines are created is entirely new.

Also, the audio data points are really good for understanding the story.

Imo this story could easily be used for a Hollywood blockbuster.

Sent from my ONE E1003

Yep I was thinking the same. It sure has enough potential to be a bb movie. But I guess, Hollywood as usual will water down the plot and kill it !

Also, towards the end , the hp and fire arrows become way too op with decent enough fire and damage/tear mods. I hardly used tearblast arrows towards the end, even the biggest enemies like rockbreaker & behemoth can be easily taken down with hp arrows.

Edited by Ne0

The mishmash of elements make it a fairly unique setting. Individually all of these things have been done in some form.

AI/Robot apocalypse - Terminator, The Matrix etc. and various sci-fi books

Post apocalyptic tribal communities - most recently the TV series The 100, Cloud Atlas, Mad Max

Robot dinos - The Transformers series, various mecha anime

Bow-wielding young heroine - The Hunger Games

The way Horizon's writers have brought it all together in a way that makes sense is truly commendable.

Makers End Quest has opened up Many things.Excellent Quest.

Story has just picked up after this Quest.

Deathbringer is pretty bad machine.Just like a immovable tank.Didnt have much a single health plant ir potion so killed him by hiding behind a freakin Wooden Plank :lol: Naam Deathbringer and couldnt even blow a wooden plank :lol

Got 878 Shards now.Should be able to buy some Ammo now.

Did one corrupted zone few days back.No Fire Arrows i had :P Mast Fight.

Deathbringer is pretty bad machine.Just like a immovable tank.Didnt have much a single health plant ir potion so killed him by hiding behind a freakin Wooden Plank [emoji38] Naam Deathbringer and couldnt even blow a wooden plank [emoji38]

Did one corrupted zone few days back.No Fire Arrows i had [emoji14] Mast Fight.

https://youtu.be/M-vaNFg4pxI

That's just a weak immobile version of the actual machine you fight in the quest. The actual one is much stronger and will take your time !

Also, you're buying ammo in this game ? That's weird dude! You're supposed to craft them. Major part of the game is crafting and scavenging for various items !

Edited by Ne0

Deathbringer is pretty bad machine.Just like a immovable tank.Didnt have much a single health plant ir potion so killed him by hiding behind a freakin Wooden Plank [emoji38] Naam Deathbringer and couldnt even blow a wooden plank [emoji38]

Did one corrupted zone few days back.No Fire Arrows i had [emoji14] Mast Fight.

https://youtu.be/M-vaNFg4pxI

You are playing it so wrong man.. like so so wrong..

You are playing it so wrong man.. like so so wrong..

I know yaar fire arrows kill them in 2 mins but didnt have at that time so decided to go ahead with what i had :P Traps and Ropecaster worked well :P

Another Corrupted Zone.Moi traps are the real deal.

https://youtu.be/XImvlN_BVBE"]https://youtu.be/XImvlN_BVBE

Edited by hope

That's just a weak immobile version of the actual machine you fight in the quest. The actual one is much stronger and will take your time !

Also, you're buying ammo in this game ? That's weird dude! You're supposed to craft them. Major part of the game is crafting and scavenging for various items !

Ya dude i know.I craft as much as possible but lately some items were missing so will buy as i have shards now.