KnackChap

^^ that's next on my list, once i'm done with HZD DLC and New Game+ 

would be my 3rd open world game in 1 month.. haha I'm gonna game like this from here on. Don't play anything for 2yrs and then buy the complete editions of all great games released while you were inactive :P:D

Origin has the exact same encounter design for nearly every mission save for couple of boss missions, the gameplay loop got extremely repeatative by the end.

Also Witcher 3 might have had better open world if that fking horse didn't get stuck on every twig and stump in the woods. Your mount in Horizon will climb down the steepest mountain and even jump to its death if you command it to move forward. One of the best traversals in open world games where you actually don't mind not using fast travel everywhere.

Yeah. Tbh I hardly ever used fast travel even though I got the golden fast travel pack early on. Mount Skills are fun too, you can even pick up stuff while riding (this was added in frozen winds skill tree I think). 

But overall I spent most of the time in my game while on foot. Theres something about the controls that makes even normal running and climbing super fun :P funny how GG got so much hate for controls back when kz2 released. 

I guess mastering that aspect was the number 1 on their list this time around. 

9 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Yeah. Tbh I hardly ever used fast travel even though I got the golden fast travel pack early on. Mount Skills are fun too, you can even pick up stuff while riding (this was added in frozen winds skill tree I think). 

But overall I spent most of the time in my game while on foot. Theres something about the controls that makes even normal running and climbing super fun :P funny how GG got so much hate for controls back when kz2 released. 

I guess mastering that aspect was the number 1 on their list this time around. 

I realized after completing 60% of the game that theres a thing called golden fast travel pack :fear: till then I purchasing normal fast travel packs like a moron :P

Edited by kold_war

Finished the DLC as well. Really fun DLC, just like the main game. Farmed that lvl50 firehawk for the best mods :P Thought I'd need the best setup for the Ultra Hard New Game+ mode but that mode was a joke. 10 times easier than your normal first playthough.. mainly because you know how everything works and have the best mods + skills unlocked from the very first mission. I didn't die at all in that playthrough, did it just for the final 2 trophies :P

Really fun game overall. A few adjustments in the difficulty and experience model could have made it a lot more satisfying experience since if you are doing all the  side quests, you are practically overpowered for EVERY mission, this was not the case with Witcher (on hardest difficulty). It's still the most fun game since Witcher 3 for me, enjoyed it a lot more than other PS games like UC4 etc. Anyway I guess we are not going to see any more DLC since the complete edition is already out :( Hope they keep Aloy for horizon 2. 

Edited by rAgHaV

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

HZD is the best Sony first party game of this gen. 

Besides Bloodborne of course. Unless people think it isn't firsty party because its co-developed with From. That'd be as stupid as saying Metroid Prime 4 or Smash Bros or Pokemon aren't first party because they're made by companies not fully owned by Nintendo.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Besides Bloodborne of course. Unless people think it isn't firsty party because its co-developed with From. That'd be as stupid as saying Metroid Prime 4 or Smash Bros or Pokemon aren't first party because they're made by companies not fully owned by Nintendo.

Bloodborne not made by first party studio. From software was main studio behind it. Game was directed by Miyazaki 

Talking about first party developed games. 

12 minutes ago, adity said:

By that logic, even spiderman is not first party developed since insomniac made xbox games too. 

The ip is owned by Sony and it paid for the game. That makes it a first party developed game. 

Yes, but I clearly said that iam talking about best first party studio developed PS4 game and not the best PS4 game overall. Best first party studio game is HZD. 

My favourite PS4 console exclusive game overall is Nier and Yakuza 0. 

GG made best first party studio game for PS4 out of all the Sony first party owned studios. I was not counting 3rd party and 2nd party studio games. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Bloodborne not made by first party studio. From software was main studio behind it. Game was directed by Miyazaki 

Talking about first party developed games. 

If we move goal posts then yeah its not fully developed in house, its made by Fromsoft in collaboration with Sony Japan Studio. But its about as first party as Uncharted and Killzone.

• 2 weeks later...

On March 2nd – 7-8 PM CET / 11-12 AM ET / 8-9 AM PT, Ashly Burch (Voice of Aloy) and Ben McCaw (Lead Writer at Guerrilla) will be answering your questions on r/horizon. 

We want to celebrate the first anniversary of Horizon with you by doing an AMA, here on /r/horizon! Joining us will be Ashly Burch, the voice of Aloy and Ben McCaw, Lead Writer on Horizon Zero Dawn and The Frozen Wilds. We’re looking forward to answering your questions and hope to see you here on March 2nd.