KnackChap

4 hours ago, krados said:

U-turn.

So kept on playing because the game looks insane, but more so because of buyer's remorse. Then I entered my first cauldron and that changed everything. Really loved the change in scenery and what is happening inside it. Was under leveled and was out of ammo while fighting that bellowback...somehow defeated it by melee strikes with almost the last ounce of my health left. It was intense....then spent time crafting better weapons,carry capacity, unlocked more skills and now I'm completely hooked :D

The sights and the music while I was traveling to Meridian :O 

Personal favorite moments so far -

Reveal hidden contents

1. First sawtooth kill. Fight wasnt that difficult but man the atmosphere....

2. First cauldron.

3. Road to meridian.

4. Thunderjaw.  Had seen it in the E3 video, but seeing it up close for the first time in the game :O

Keep playing. I dont even like open world games yet I thoroughly enjoyed it. Only thing is that I started using fast travel after 60% of the game.

finished the game, story does pick up well in second half. Overall though i did not like the character design, Aloy character was just too one dimensional. and the animation in cut scenes were just average, expected better. Still a good one time play, with fluid gameplay and hunting machines is fun.

12 hours ago, krados said:

U-turn.

So kept on playing because the game looks insane, but more so because of buyer's remorse. Then I entered my first cauldron and that changed everything. Really loved the change in scenery and what is happening inside it. Was under leveled and was out of ammo while fighting that bellowback...somehow defeated it by melee strikes with almost the last ounce of my health left. It was intense....then spent time crafting better weapons,carry capacity, unlocked more skills and now I'm completely hooked :D

The sights and the music while I was traveling to Meridian :O 

Personal favorite moments so far -

Reveal hidden contents

Oh no you don't get to make a 180 after making a bunch of people quote you into agreement that the game is mediocre :lol: 

keep playing, it gets better

14 hours ago, krados said:

U-turn.

So kept on playing because the game looks insane

Hahaha same here, plugged in new ips monitor to ps4 and everything looks insane. earlier was playing on 720p tv upscaled to 1080p :P. But now the games are looking insane, esp. this,uc4 and driveclub.

Defeated that spider machine today and it was fun, will continue tonight.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Oh no you don't get to make a 180 after making a bunch of people quote you into agreement that the game is mediocre :lol: 

:) That gameplay mechanic where you hide in grass, check for machine's walking pattern using scope, throw a stone and then one button stealth kill was so boring in the beginning. With weak weapons and without the skills like double shot, slow down time...was kind of forced to use stealth route. Its hilarious to see these futuristic machines unable to scan through the grass where I am sitting just a feet away :lol:

But the combat and the gfx now.....(not my gifs)

Spoiler

Y9CsNGY.gif

bq6KlSq.gif

Yeah the watchers are just tutorial enemies, once you start encountering bigger dudes it gets pretty hectic. Eventually you level up and can run circles around them, but you will remember the first time you meet a sawtooth or a snapmaw or a stormbird and thurnderjaw.

1 hour ago, krados said:

:) That gameplay mechanic where you hide in grass, check for machine's walking pattern using scope, throw a stone and then one button stealth kill was so boring in the beginning. With weak weapons and without the skills like double shot, slow down time...was kind of forced to use stealth route. Its hilarious to see these futuristic machines unable to scan through the grass where I am sitting just a feet away :lol:

But the combat and the gfx now.....(not my gifs)

Reveal hidden contents

Y9CsNGY.gif

bq6KlSq.gif

Are you playing a game for the first time?

You expected Horizon to give you all the Things at start? Which game does that lol.

46 minutes ago, adity said:

I forget what they're called but I found the invisible enemies really hard. They f**k sh*t up if more than 2.

Yet to face them. Stats say game is about 23% complete. Still so much left to do :)

24 minutes ago, hope said:

Are you playing a game for the first time?

You expected Horizon to give you all the Things at start? Which game does that lol.

2nd. First being TEW few weeks back...same stealth and progression mechanic but wasnt this boring.

Snapmaw  :majesty:  Man the machines keep on getting better and better :)

I am always short on blaze to craft better weapons...spent almost an hour, just killing watchers, ravagers and 4-5 of those flying machines.Not a single blaze received :( . Tips? 

Edited by krados

22 minutes ago, krados said:

I am always short on blaze to craft better weapons...spent almost an hour, just killing watchers, ravagers and 4-5 of those flying machines.Not a single blaze received :( . Tips? 

The best way to get Blaze is from Fire Bellowbacks. Grazers should have them too. Use Harvester arrows to knock it off them. Try the Nora Hunting ground trial to farm the Grazers for Blaze. 

EDIT: Also, wait till so encounter Stormbird and Rockbreaker. This game is nothing short of magnificent when it comes to enemy variety. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2018 at 11:25 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

The best way to get Blaze is from Fire Bellowbacks. Grazers should have them too. Use Harvester arrows to knock it off them. Try the Nora Hunting ground trial to farm the Grazers for Blaze. 

EDIT: Also, wait till so encounter Stormbird and Rockbreaker. This game is nothing short of magnificent when it comes to enemy variety. 

True..The variety of enemies in this game is too good!

For me though the best machine fights were against thunderjaws in the cauldrons or fighting thunderjaws during those hunting challenges...

Edited by kold_war

The only thing you need to purchase in this game are the weapons. Materials need to be farmed. The simple components would be available with mid to lower tier machines. Once you have a decent set of weapons and mods to go with it, start taking down the top tier machines to pretty much gain a massive materials boost.

13 hours ago, kold_war said:

True..The variety of enemies in this game is too good!

+1. More than a dozen hours put and still seeing new machines popping up every now n then. Still a big portion of the map is not unlocked. Difficult to recollect any recent game with this much enemy variety.

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

They're expensive to buy for something that's pretty easy to farm. This goes for every other resource in the game. Do not buy.

11 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

The only thing you need to purchase in this game are the weapons.

Yea, wasnt paying attention earlier, because of the bad first impression. Blazes were the weak points for most of the machines which I was knocking off, so wasnt getting any later after killing the machine :doh: Also hadnt opened all those "resource gift packs" we receive after completing side quests...there were over two dozen blaze there too. This game has really grown on me now and has reached the phase where I am finding it hard to put the controller down :) 

oJ4EEae.gif

Resources from wildlife seems like random though. To increase carry capacity for example, I need one rabbit foot. Killed about a dozen rabbits so far, but from each of them received rabbit skin only and meat.

Edited by krados

13 hours ago, krados said:

This game has really grown on me now and has reached the phase where I am finding it hard to put the controller down :) 

It has the effect on you. I finished it last year during my week off and loved every bit of it. First Platinum I ever received. :) 

Too bad, I haven't tried the DLC yet.