Sign in to follow this  
KnackChap

Horizon: Zero Dawn

4 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

10hrs in. CAN'T STOP PLAYING.

The last game that I enjoyed this much was Witcher 3, nothing else comes close. Easily the most gorgeous game I've ever played. Controls have set a new benchmark for open world games, I'm doing every side quest before progressing with the main quests :P Side quests are really interesting and kinda fun just like Witcher 3. 

Very few side quests are good in HZD.. Majority of them are fetch quests with no story or anything...

Witcher 3 beats HZD in open world design, story quests and characters and, HZD beats Witcher 3 in gameplay and graphics.

Gameplay is easily the weakest part of W3 imo

Edited by WhiteWolf

Actually witcher side quests were so good that you couldn't even tell what's a side mission and what isn't. (played the game back when it released so can't even recollect which missions were secondary now).

HZD starting ones were fun but now they're basically short fetch quests. Still loving the gameplay so its not getting boring at all. Still its the only game apart from Witcher that I got so addicted to. Time f**king flies. Not one dull moment so far :D

When the f**k do I get that golden travel pack. Every merchant I've encountered so far only has the normal one. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

HZD beats Witcher 3 in gameplay and graphics.

Gameplay is easily the weakest part of W3 imo

Yeah. Gameplay is definitely one of the best in any open world games this gen. I loved witcher gameplay as well though. Witcher sucks if you aren't playing on the hardest difficulty. 

HZD is the only game this gen where I literally didn't have to touch a single setting. Controls, layout etc everything is perfect. f**k even the brightness setting was spot on for me. 

Finished the base game, starting Frozen Winds now. Really loved the game overall but it was really light on content. I finished everything in 45hrs or so. LOVED the story too. Content wise it isn't even 1/3rd of Witcher 3 but then which game is ? :P

Really impressed with GG :majesty: Got so much stuff right in their first attempt.. Just hope that they increase the amount of content in HZD 2.

1 hour ago, rAgHaV said:

Finished the base game, starting Frozen Winds now. Really loved the game overall but it was really light on content. I finished everything in 45hrs or so. LOVED the story too. Content wise it isn't even 1/3rd of Witcher 3 but then which game is ? :P

Really impressed with GG :majesty: Got so much stuff right in their first attempt.. Just hope that they increase the amount of content in HZD 2.

Content wise- Assassin creed origin.

^^ that's next on my list, once i'm done with HZD DLC and New Game+ 

would be my 3rd open world game in 1 month.. haha I'm gonna game like this from here on. Don't play anything for 2yrs and then buy the complete editions of all great games released while you were inactive :P:D

Core gameplay and story of horizon is miles better though. 

Origins combat is just press attack until it dies. 

It's got a nicely fleshed out open world and looks great but that's about it. And content in origins is mostly fetch quests. It's still a fun game but nothing special. 

Origin has the exact same encounter design for nearly every mission save for couple of boss missions, the gameplay loop got extremely repeatative by the end.

Also Witcher 3 might have had better open world if that fking horse didn't get stuck on every twig and stump in the woods. Your mount in Horizon will climb down the steepest mountain and even jump to its death if you command it to move forward. One of the best traversals in open world games where you actually don't mind not using fast travel everywhere.

Yeah. Tbh I hardly ever used fast travel even though I got the golden fast travel pack early on. Mount Skills are fun too, you can even pick up stuff while riding (this was added in frozen winds skill tree I think). 

But overall I spent most of the time in my game while on foot. Theres something about the controls that makes even normal running and climbing super fun :P funny how GG got so much hate for controls back when kz2 released. 

I guess mastering that aspect was the number 1 on their list this time around. 

9 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Yeah. Tbh I hardly ever used fast travel even though I got the golden fast travel pack early on. Mount Skills are fun too, you can even pick up stuff while riding (this was added in frozen winds skill tree I think). 

But overall I spent most of the time in my game while on foot. Theres something about the controls that makes even normal running and climbing super fun :P funny how GG got so much hate for controls back when kz2 released. 

I guess mastering that aspect was the number 1 on their list this time around. 

I realized after completing 60% of the game that theres a thing called golden fast travel pack :fear: till then I purchasing normal fast travel packs like a moron :P

Edited by kold_war

Finished the DLC as well. Really fun DLC, just like the main game. Farmed that lvl50 firehawk for the best mods :P Thought I'd need the best setup for the Ultra Hard New Game+ mode but that mode was a joke. 10 times easier than your normal first playthough.. mainly because you know how everything works and have the best mods + skills unlocked from the very first mission. I didn't die at all in that playthrough, did it just for the final 2 trophies :P

Really fun game overall. A few adjustments in the difficulty and experience model could have made it a lot more satisfying experience since if you are doing all the  side quests, you are practically overpowered for EVERY mission, this was not the case with Witcher (on hardest difficulty). It's still the most fun game since Witcher 3 for me, enjoyed it a lot more than other PS games like UC4 etc. Anyway I guess we are not going to see any more DLC since the complete edition is already out :( Hope they keep Aloy for horizon 2. 

Edited by rAgHaV

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

HZD is the best Sony first party game of this gen. 

Besides Bloodborne of course. Unless people think it isn't firsty party because its co-developed with From. That'd be as stupid as saying Metroid Prime 4 or Smash Bros or Pokemon aren't first party because they're made by companies not fully owned by Nintendo.