Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Lol Ifrit has been a boss/summon in almost all FF games.

Afaik Ifrit was a fire demon.

Ifrit is not just one personality which we are discussing here. It has a chameleon devilish personality (illuminati) and at a spiritual level it's a jinn which is not something to boast about. Mentioned this as a care bro! 

This is my first final fantasy game btw.

• 2 weeks later...

This game throws boss battles after boss battles at you. Airbuster was a pain in the butt but I managed to kill him. Took me 6 tries. 

The boss was so big and the platform was soo small to even breathe. Also the fight is timed, otherwise you fail by default :mellow:, I used all of my phoenix down potions in this battle. The summon helped but not that much, he was just standing most of time because the platform was so small, unless you manage to spawn your summon on the other side of the boss. 

As soon as I finished this intense boss fight, the game said 'here have another one just after a cutscene' 

Gimme a break :ack:

Now this Reno came out of nowhere, how the hell does he have Quicksilver abilities? 

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

This game throws boss battles after boss battles at you. Airbuster was a pain in the butt but I managed to kill him. Took me 6 tries. 

The boss was so big and the platform was soo small to even breathe. Also the fight is timed, otherwise you fail by default :mellow:, I used all of my phoenix down potions in this battle. The summon helped but not that much, he was just standing most of time because the platform was so small, unless you manage to spawn your summon on the other side of the boss. 

As soon as I finished this intense boss fight, the game said 'here have another one just after a cutscene' 

Now this Reno came out of nowhere, how the hell does he have Quicksilver abilities? 

Yo, are you using the summon ability in the commands menu?

Also, you seem to be getting rekt in boss battles. I didnt struggle much at all :P

Maybe you are not leveling up your weapons/equiping the right materia? Do you have elemental materia linked to your weapon? Machines have a weakness to thunder

9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

You have to look at materia combinations. For Airbuster, equip Lightning materia in 1st slot and Elemental Materia on Barrett. Elemental materia makes all the default attacks (Square Attacks) of the element that is equipped in first slot. So Barrett's default attacks (which is very fast) will also build up Pressure on the Airbuster very quickly, causing very fast and frequent Stagger. Also, which parts did you remove? Removing AI Cores makes the Boss quite easy, because the AI Core attacks is very difficult to dodge and can stun, plus ensures that the Airbuster doesn't move much at all. On the other hand, the Big Bomb attacks can be avoided. Or did you remove that bonus material item - and not weaken the boss at all?

For Reno, you have to dodge. Reno will throw a spell and then immediately run to the area and perform a physical strike. Avoid that, and you get a brief window to damage him. His HP/defence is quite low, so damage hurts him a lot. Limit Break and Triple Slash also helps.

I also difficulty in bosses, and waste tons of items, but playing each boss, you kinda get a sense of their actions. That's quite fun.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yo, are you using the summon ability in the commands menu?

Also, you seem to be getting rekt in boss battles. I didnt struggle much at all :P

Maybe you are not leveling up your weapons/equiping the right materia? Do you have elemental materia linked to your weapon? Machines have a weakness to thunder

Ofcourse I use summon abilities, without it Ifrit does not do much damage. 

Actually I'm getting rekt might be because I play after 3 to 4 days of my last session. 

No, I didn't knew about linking elemental materia I read you and remember that I have elemental materia but not equipped. I just read roun90's reply. He explained it well. 

With this I can stagger the enemies more often unless the game throws me different kind of enemy. 

19 hours ago, roun90 said:

ou have to look at materia combinations. For Airbuster, equip Lightning materia in 1st slot and Elemental Materia on Barrett. Elemental materia makes all the default attacks (Square Attacks) of the element that is equipped in first slot. So Barrett's default attacks (which is very fast) will also build up Pressure on the Airbuster very quickly, causing very fast and frequent Stagger.

Got it, I was actually using lightning spells on the boss. This will help me with future bosses. Access materia is helpful indeed in these situations. Issue is you can't swap materia when in combat so if a powerful enemy is weak to fire I have to equip the right materia. 

19 hours ago, roun90 said:

For Reno, you have to dodge. Reno will throw a spell and then immediately run to the area and perform a physical strike. Avoid that, and you get a brief window to damage him. His HP/defence is quite low, so damage hurts him a lot. Limit Break and Triple Slash also helps.

I also difficulty in bosses, and waste tons of items, but playing each boss, you kinda get a sense of their actions. That's quite fun.

Reno is fine, not hard at all. He seems to be more like a mini boss.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:39 AM, Heaven Angel said:

If boss battles at this stage is bothering you, then brace yourself for the last two chapters because you have to wade through a gauntlet of bosses. But it is worth it because the last few fights reach the proportion DBZ and Asura’s Wrath levels of carnage. 
Cloud and Sephiroth are some bada** motherf*****s. 

15 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Got it, I was actually using lightning spells on the boss. This will help me with future bosses. Access materia is helpful indeed in these situations. Issue is you can't swap materia when in combat so if a powerful enemy is weak to fire I have to equip the right materia. 

Also, cure and magnify in a linked materia slot is your bff. Just sayin. 

2 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

If boss battles at this stage is bothering you, then brace yourself for the last two chapters because you have to wade through a gauntlet of bosses. But it is worth it because the last few fights reach the proportion DBZ and Asura’s Wrath levels of carnage. 
Cloud and Sephiroth are some bada** motherf*****s. 

I'm ctually learning to get the maximum effects out of materia. It wasn't bothering me but the damage I did on bosses was way less. Now as i'm understanding the concept behind the linking materia I'll be able to stagger enemies often and damage them a lot. 

2 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Also, cure and magnify in a linked materia slot is your bff. Just sayin. 

I'll keep that in mind. 

1 hour ago, Masterjack said:

How is the combat in this game ? Is it pure hack and slash or turn based?  And may I know the completion time for this game ?

It's not hack and slash, you press one button for normal attack, then you can switch mode by pressing another button for more damaging attacks,

then you can pause mid game and select what spells/abilities/heals you want to use, once you select it happens in real time.

You also switch between your squadmates.

Play FF7 Remake demo on PS4, from the Demo it seem pretty good.

1 hour ago, Masterjack said:

How is the combat in this game ? Is it pure hack and slash or turn based?  And may I know the completion time for this game ?

Its one of the best combat systems ever in multiple decades of gaming.

Do try the demo on psn.

Completion time is between 35-40 hours, depending on number of side quests done( I recommend doing these as they are really good and rewarding).

Edited by playstationdude

33 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's not hack and slash, you press one button for normal attack, then you can switch mode by pressing another button for more damaging attacks,

then you can pause mid game and select what spells/abilities/heals you want to use, once you select it happens in real time.

You also switch between your squadmates.

Play FF7 Remake demo on PS4, from the Demo it seem pretty good.

You havent played the full game yet?

49 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You havent played the full game yet?

No, will buy/play on PC on sale.

I don't buy games at launch 4K price :fear:

Like Bloodborne is the only game i bought for 4K.

Hopefully the ( rumored )Crisis Core DLC is also included :fear:

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

No, will buy/play on PC on sale.

I don't buy games at launch 4K price :fear:

Like Bloodborne is the only game i bought for 4K.

Hopefully the ( rumored )Crisis Core DLC is also included :fear:

That is rumoured for part 2.

Also it will be cheaper in a few months, would highly recommend picking up on ps4 as gameplay is smooth AF.

Ofcourse if it releases on pc quickly, even better.

Just now, playstationdude said:

That is rumoured for part 2.

Also it will be cheaper in a few months, would highly recommend picking up on ps4 as gameplay is smooth AF.

Ofcourse if it releases on pc quickly, even better.

Yes, i noticed this in demo.

Long ago i had played Crisis core on PSP, since then i wanted to play FFVII, then i came to know it is extremely old PS1 game, was waiting since forever for this remake with updated graphics and gameplay.

btw the final boss mech( it is a scorpion robot basically with a tail laser ) in the demo took a lot of time to kill, like not hard as such but seemed to have a big healthbar/cloud and barrett were not doing much damage.

is the full game also like this ?

On 5/21/2020 at 1:32 PM, PhantomShade said:

Yes, i noticed this in demo.

Long ago i had played Crisis core on PSP, since then i wanted to play FFVII, then i came to know it is extremely old PS1 game, was waiting since forever for this remake with updated graphics and gameplay.

btw the final boss mech( it is a scorpion robot basically with a tail laser ) in the demo took a lot of time to kill, like not hard as such but seemed to have a big healthbar/cloud and barrett were not doing much damage.

is the full game also like this ?

Not really, boss fights are definitely longer but you get a lot stronger, plus 3 characters and more abilities.

Also you need to stagger enemies quickly, that is when you rek them.

The gameplay in this one feels a lot like an evolved version of crisis core.

Edited by playstationdude