Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

10 hours ago, zoord said:

FF16 has one of the most engaging and stunning boss fights imo and they are presented in spectacular way and when you overcome you really feel that clive achieved that victory and that link between gameplay and story/protagonist is a rare feeling in games nowadays.

Only the eikon boss fights are epic, while the normal boss fights are really flashy and have scale i found that for the most part i was bashing buttons without knowing wtf was actually going on. 

My point is that unlike devil may cry, bosses in ff games are typically designed to be explored for weaknesses and strategy, which I did not find in this game

As ive already said before, this is not a bad game by any means, but it's not really a FF game IMO

• Like 1

A much more polished & better overall produced game throughout….which got GOTY esque reception.

MGR had a troubled development & multiple hand shifts which led to a less than expected final product.

Edited by AnK

20 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

FF XVI is to the FF series, what Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was to the Metal Gear series.

Yep and millions want that kind of action packed game. Me included. 

Woah, the chapter 9 final colosseum fight - hell house, was the stuff of legends!  Never faced a boss like this before lol 😂 

Took me a long time to defeat it though.  Surprised to see the chapter still continues and this is still not the end boss fight of the chapter.  The wall market is really well done. The best open area in the game so far !  

Also, while many parts of the game is linear, it does look to be a pretty long game, need a break after this before I can start another FF game.

Edited by Ne0

Apart from the DLC the game itself is Next Gen Fidelity with 60fps on PS5.

It’s about time to upgrade.

30fps & 60fps is night & day difference of immersion.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, Kumar123 said:

Never played FFVII. Should I wait until I get a PS5 to play the Remake or is the PS4 Pro good enough?

I played all FF including FFVII Remake on PC and loved it so much that I had to buy PS5 for Rebirth.

Remake was amazing and fully worth the price tag day 1 on PC.

Can't freaking wait to start Rebirth after I clear some of the games which I have started already.

PS: if you are buying PS5 then you owe yourself to play FF XVI first.

FFXVI has it all too and better - Music, cinematic, boss fights , characters , world building, story and graphic.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zoord said:

PS: if you are buying PS5 then you owe yourself to play FF XVI first.

FFXVI has it all too and better - Music, cinematic, boss fights , characters , world building, story and graphic.

Troo troo. FFVI might be unlike other FFs but the game is damn amazing.

• Like 1

In chapter 13 now, the end boss fight of chapter 12- rude and Reno was really something. Just when I think I’ve a strong party the game replaces one character with another lol 😂 Also the cutscenes in this game are on a whole new level.  Leave it to the japs to make a such a movie grade cinematic that’s so emotionally heavy.  

i think this is by far the longest linear game I’ve played in recent times.