Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

I am currently playing P5R and I am currently at 45 hours. I think it'll take another 15-20 days to finish the game. This was my first Persona game and I am loving it. I always thought JRPGs are not my cup of tea but boy, was I wrong.

I am really looking forward to play FF7 Remake next, this is going to be my first FF game. I hope it gets a price drop/deep discount soon.

Just now, SuperT said:

I am currently playing P5R and I am currently at 45 hours. I think it'll take another 15-20 days to finish the game. This was my first Persona game and I am loving it. I always thought JRPGs are not my cup of tea but boy, was I wrong.

I am really looking forward to play FF7 Remake next, this is going to be my first FF game. I hope it gets a price drop/deep discount soon.

It already had a deep drop. It was 2500 on psn as well as on Amazon india.

• 1 month later...

So I completed and got the platinum for P5R and now I am really 'lost' nothing is peaking my interest anymore. 

I had planned to jump into Far Cry 5 as I have the disc and I kept delaying it but I just can't get over the P5R hangover. 

So FF7 Remake has just come on the Black Friday Sale but I read a lot of online reviews which mention its loaded with fillers and padding.

Peeps who have played it is this true ? I don't want to end up with a game in which there is a lot of filler and very less action. 

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

So I completed and got the platinum for P5R and now I am really 'lost' nothing is peaking my interest anymore. 

I had planned to jump into Far Cry 5 as I have the disc and I kept delaying it but I just can't get over the P5R hangover. 

So FF7 Remake has just come on the Black Friday Sale but I read a lot of online reviews which mention its loaded with fillers and padding.

Peeps who have played it is this true ? I don't want to end up with a game in which there is a lot of filler and very less action. 

Believe me - there is tons of action in this game. It's not much fillers. The ones people are comparing to might be comparison with the original FF7. That is to be expected. Since in the original game the Midgar Section is only 1 small portion of the game, whereas in the remake - it's a full on 35 hour game by itself. It's an excellent game well worth playing.

That said, if you want more Persona, there is still Persona 4 Golden on PC. Though keep in mind that Atlus actually massively improves with each game and does not believe in stagnation (unlike 99% of the devs out there), so P4G will be a downgrade gameplay, graphics and cutscene-wise. Though it still has an amazing story and a very endearing cast of characters that will make you consider them friends and make you sad when the time for the game to end comes (just like P5).

• Like 1

Believe me - there is tons of action in this game. It's not much fillers. The ones people are comparing to might be comparison with the original FF7. That is to be expected. Since in the original game the Midgar Section is only 1 small portion of the game, whereas in the remake - it's a full on 35 hour game by itself. It's an excellent game well worth playing.

That said, if you want more Persona, there is still Persona 4 Golden on PC. Though keep in mind that Atlus actually massively improves with each game and does not believe in stagnation (unlike 99% of the devs out there), so P4G will be a downgrade gameplay, graphics and cutscene-wise. Though it still has an amazing story and a very endearing cast of characters that will make you consider them friends and make you sad when the time for the game to end comes (just like P5).
Thanks man. I haven't played on a PC since ages. I'll give FF7 a go.

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

Filler side quest here and there yes as with almost every jrpg. However the story and game is amazing. Loaded with action. You dont really need to do side quests , leveling system is really good. I did a few of them just cause I wanted to play it longer and for more gil to buy better equipment.:P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this turned out to be the perfect cure for my Persona 5 hangover, I was just not able to get into any game after Persona 5. I am 3 hours into FF7 Remake and loving it. I am still getting used to the combat system but it's a lot of fun. I can't belive I ignored JRPGs till now. Definitely going to give some other FF titles a go after this.

9 hours ago, SuperT said:

So this turned out to be the perfect cure for my Persona 5 hangover, I was just not able to get into any game after Persona 5. I am 3 hours into FF7 Remake and loving it. I am still getting used to the combat system but it's a lot of fun. I can't belive I ignored JRPGs till now. Definitely going to give some other FF titles a go after this.

Then prepare to be disappointed. Other "Recent" FFs are not as good as FF7R or P5. FF7R is trending high because it's a remake of a game from the glory days of Square Enix + it has a brand new gameplay system not seen before in the series, which is actually good. After this, I would suggest you try out Nier Automata. It's an absolutely amazing game + action combat (Make sure you get the first 5 endings - Endings A to E to see the full story.) If you want more hardcore strategic approach try out Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. If you're fine with cartoony graphics - try out Ni No Kuni Remastered (or NNK2 if you want more action oriented gameplay). If you don't mind poor graphics, Trails of Cold Steel is there.

For more Persona there is Persona 4 Golden on PC (I hope they announce Persona 6 soon) and for more Final Fantasy I would wait for FF16. Since it's being made by the FF14 team I have high hopes it will be amazing (FF14 is amazing, but it's an MMO so can't recommend it to those who don't like MMOs)

Anyway welcome to the World of JRPGs - my favorite genre of all time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Then prepare to be disappointed. Other "Recent" FFs are not as good as FF7R or P5. FF7R is trending high because it's a remake of a game from the glory days of Square Enix + it has a brand new gameplay system not seen before in the series, which is actually good. After this, I would suggest you try out Nier Automata. It's an absolutely amazing game + action combat (Make sure you get the first 5 endings - Endings A to E to see the full story.) If you want more hardcore strategic approach try out Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. If you're fine with cartoony graphics - try out Ni No Kuni Remastered (or NNK2 if you want more action oriented gameplay). If you don't mind poor graphics, Trails of Cold Steel is there.

For more Persona there is Persona 4 Golden on PC (I hope they announce Persona 6 soon) and for more Final Fantasy I would wait for FF16. Since it's being made by the FF14 team I have high hopes it will be amazing (FF14 is amazing, but it's an MMO so can't recommend it to those who don't like MMOs)

Anyway welcome to the World of JRPGs - my favorite genre of all time.

Thanks for all the recommendations and info! Nier Automata and Ni No Kuni 2 is on my list of games that I want to try. Also, Yakuza Zero is one game that I definitely want to play. Thank god I took a leap and tried JRPGs, hopefully these will keep me entertained till the PS5 launches. 

4 hours ago, SuperT said:

Thanks for all the recommendations and info! Nier Automata and Ni No Kuni 2 is on my list of games that I want to try. Also, Yakuza Zero is one game that I definitely want to play. Thank god I took a leap and tried JRPGs, hopefully these will keep me entertained till the PS5 launches. 

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

+1 for Yakuza Zero. 

Xbox One Yakuza GIF by Xbox

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abhinit90 said:

This or Nier?

I personally loved the first Nier. But Sephiroth :wub:

Nier Automata, the story touched my heart. Automata was my first Nier game. I almost skipped this masterpiece. Also the soundtracks :wub: 

Looking forward to play Nier Replicant next year.