Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

And now we find the problem right here. In other words - you didn't play it. For your info, NNK 2's music was a very stripped down version of NNK1's music. There is literally no way for it to be better.

If game couldn't hook me in within 1st hour it isn't worth my time. NNK2 hooked me in right away. So it is superior game for me. 

Good if you like NNK1 more. That doesn't make NNK2 a bad game. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

If game couldn't hook me in within 1st hour it isn't worth my time. NNK2 hooked me in right away. So it is superior game for me. 

Good if you like NNK1 more. That doesn't make NNK2 a bad game. 

It actually depends. NNK2 starts with massive betrayals, running away and all such stuff. In other words "Rule of Cool" straight away. NNK1 though - it takes time to build the character, so you get attached to them even more. In the first hour, you literally do nothing except see Oliver's daily life. This is because it's necessary for his characterization and also for the World. Also, in a 30-40 hour game, 1 hour is not even enough for a trial lol.

It's like any Studio Ghibli movie like My Neighbor Totoro or Princess Mononoke. A slow start that builds up into a crescendo. That start is necessary and makes things far more epic and emotional as you will find out if you actually play the game.

Didn't say NNK2 was bad at all. Like I said, one is a great game (NNK2) but the other is a legend (NNK1). NNK2 alone would have been great, but coming from NNK1, comparisons always came to my mind between the two, which was why I rated it lower than I would.

Edited by roun90

Finished the NNK2 story just yesterday.

Personally, loved them both. I'd say Level 5 did an incredible job even though Ghibli didn't collaborate on the sequel. They kept it fresh with new gameplay mechanics and updated gfx, without losing the essence of the original. Meaty gameplay, I'm 50 Hours in and there's still a lot of post game content, might take another 20-25hours to plat. I do agree Ghibli's artistic style is missing and would have preferred that over the one in NNK2, that would be nitpicking though.

I had only one major gripe with NNK2, the story. It just felt . . meh. NNK1 was excellent, NNK2 story was mediocre imo.

Spoiler

Evan saying 'I want to create a world with no wars' and that happily ever after line was so f**king cringey, Roland should have slapped him every time he said that.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SuperT said:

Just finished Chapter 15 and boy it was an adrenaline rush. Left with just 3 chapters now. I don't want it to end so soon.

Be prepared for Chapter 17, that's one hell of a gauntlet and adrenaline rush to get through.

Enough said :fear1:

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperT said:

Just finished Chapter 15 and boy it was an adrenaline rush. Left with just 3 chapters now. I don't want it to end so soon.

Best game of 2020 IMO. Also my favourite JRPG this gen, (f**k KH3 for ruining the saga)

Am gonna replay day 1 on PS5 (Feb 2 cant come soon enough)

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:15 PM, R3D_D3ViL said:

Be prepared for Chapter 17, that's one hell of a gauntlet and adrenaline rush to get through.

Enough said :fear1:

On 1/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, playstationdude said:

Best game of 2020 IMO. Also my favourite JRPG this gen, (f**k KH3 for ruining the saga)

Am gonna replay day 1 on PS5 (Feb 2 cant come soon enough)

After 38 hours of awesome fun, I finished the game last night. 

Brilliant experience for my first FF game, the last 2 chapters were awesome. 

I am still confused with regards to the story but I don't want to read much online so I will just wait for Part 2. 

So the big question is when can we expect Part 2 ? My guess is not before 2024? 

Just now, SuperT said:

After 38 hours of awesome fun, I finished the game last night. 

Brilliant experience for my first FF game, the last 2 chapters were awesome. 

I am still confused with regards to the story but I don't want to read much online so I will just wait for Part 2. 

So the big question is when can we expect Part 2 ? My guess is not before 2024? 

Its already in development since 2020. Should br expected by 2022 I guess.

Just now, SuperT said:

Even if it is in development since 2020 I doubt we will get it so soon.

Unless they are making upgraded character models for next gen, they should have all the models ready mostly which should expedite development.

If they are going for 4k models and textures and UE5 instead of UE4 then yeah, it can take longer

• 2 weeks later...

Why do the slums look like sh*t compared to the plate city?

I understand to work on the PS4 they have cutdown the "environments" to make the character models look good, honestly best i've seen in a videogame.

Perhaps slums have more objects, which means more work for the CPU/GPU, that's why it looks bad?

Overall though, game is dream come true, I hope they add Aerith to party soon and advance with those creepy grey ghosts plotline, wonder what those are?

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Why do the slums look like sh*t compared to the plate city?

I understand to work on the PS4 they have cutdown the "environments" to make the character models look good, honestly best i've seen in a videogame.

Perhaps slums have more objects, which means more work for the CPU/GPU, that's why it looks bad?

Overall though, game is dream come true, I hope they add Aerith to party soon and advance with those creepy grey ghosts plotline, wonder what those are?

Aerith is playable. Don't worry. Best game last gen, next to Botw. 

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Seems like you didn't play the original Final Fantasy VII....it is not a plotline but the plot itself..

Is this too much of a spoiler? :fear1:

16 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Seems like you didn't play the original Final Fantasy VII....it is not a plotline but the plot itself..

Is this too much of a spoiler? :fear1:

Nope, i've just played Crisis Core on the PSP.

I know there is some time travel bs in this though.