Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Nice! How much for the upgrade ?

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

OG price was Rs 1600, so I would expect it to be at Rs 1200 at 25% off.

What petey said.

No extra cost if already added to library on ps+ in March. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gecko89 said:

What petey said.

No extra cost if already added to library on ps+ in March. 

Story DLC still has an extra cost. That's the cost I posted. They are only giving the upgrade "Intergrade". The Story DLC "InterMission" is what cost 1600 Rs and what I expect will go for 1200 Rs. They are only giving what they originally gave to OG PS4 game version owners. DLC purchase is still separate. 

29 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Story DLC still has an extra cost. That's the cost I posted. They are only giving the upgrade "Intergrade". The Story DLC "InterMission" is what cost 1600 Rs and what I expect will go for 1200 Rs. They are only giving what they originally gave to OG PS4 game version owners. DLC purchase is still separate. 

Anyone here played the DLC ? Is it worth it ? 

58 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Anyone here played the DLC ? Is it worth it ? 

I've played it. It's good. It has 2 new characters (1 playable and 1 NPC), but the playable character plays far differently than all the other characters in the base game. The NPC Character gameplay is also linked to your character, though you can't control that character directly. There are only 2 chapters, but those are long. The 1st chapter will allow you to freely explore areas, while the 2nd chapter is linear, on the rails and allows no exploration (Though the 2nd chapter is story heavy and will leave you on the edge of your seat).

There is a new mini-game that the Story DLC introduces. The story DLC also greatly expands on the Original game story and ending, and if you played the Original FF7s (Such as OG FF7, Crisis Core etc.) then there are surprises that you will love.The DLC itself is pretty short, but the quality of it is very high. If you can get the story DLC on sale - then I would recommend it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost half way through the DLC - Intermission and loving it. Although it feels like its more difficult than the base game. I am playing on hard and it gets frustrating sometimes or maybe I am just out of touch because there was a long break between the base game and the DLC. Base game I had no issues on hard with the right loadout. 

Brilliant DLC and 100% worth it if anyone is on the edge but keep in mind its only 5-6 hrs. long and maybe you can stretch it to 7-8 hrs. with all the side missions. 

Have you tried some of the older games? Maybe 6 or even OG 7 have a very different vibe. Also recommend 4.

The games from the PS2 and later eras have a different vibe compared to the NES/SNES/PS1 games imo.

Edited by Petey

31 minutes ago, Petey said:

Have you tried some of the older games? Maybe 6 or even OG 7 have a very different vibe. Also recommend 4.

The games from the PS2 and later eras have a different vibe compared to the NES/SNES/PS1 games imo.

He doesnt like turn based combat. If he didnt like 7 remake, he wont like the older ones at all.

Damn! The final boss fight is tough. First 2 phases its a piece of cake but the last phase is brutal. I wish I had grinded a little more and upgraded. Died thrice last night. Will give it another go today after work. The DLC is definitely more difficult than the base game on Hard.

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

Damn! The final boss fight is tough. First 2 phases its a piece of cake but the last phase is brutal. I wish I had grinded a little more and upgraded. Died thrice last night. Will give it another go today after work. The DLC is definitely more difficult than the base game on Hard.

Keep at it. The ending that you get after the final boss is very rewarding (especially if you finished the base game already)!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Keep at it. The ending that you get after the final boss is very rewarding (especially if you finished the base game already)!!

Finally, completed it after 5 tries. The key was to keep healing because some of the boss attacks are instant kills. Brilliant dlc.