Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

Since this was sitting in my PS5 library, I was wondering if I should try it out. Never played a single Final Fantasy game before, so would I be lost story/character wise? Also, how's the combat difficulty in the game? I remember trying out the PS4 demo and dying constantly on the boss battle. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Since this was sitting in my PS5 library, I was wondering if I should try it out. Never played a single Final Fantasy game before, so would I be lost story/character wise? Also, how's the combat difficulty in the game? I remember trying out the PS4 demo and dying constantly on the boss battle. 

All FF games are independent stories. Go for it. Its not difficult, play it on normal.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

1) All FF Games are independent stories, unless specified. So for example, FF6 has a different story and FF7 has a different story. But if the story is connected, it's specified - for example FF7 Part 2 is the sequel to FF7 and has no relation to FF6 or FF8. Similarly FF16 will be a completely independent story with no relation to FF7.

2) The full version of the game will explain the combat very well. FF7R has a very unique combat system that combines action gameplay and turn based gameplay together. Play the full version from the beginning, you will easily get the mechanics and the difficulty ramp up is very gradual. Play on Normal difficulty, it's perfect IMO

3) Since you have a PS5 - play it with next gen patch. The Next Gen Patch is free, and the upgrade is very much worth it. The bump up in visuals is great, but most importantly - the increased Frame Rate is mind-blowing and IMO the proper way to play at this point. I can't go back to the PS4 version (BC or otherwise) of FF7R after playing the PS5 version. Patch Download will be big - but it's worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

3) Since you have a PS5 - play it with next gen patch. The Next Gen Patch is free, and the upgrade is very much worth it. The bump up in visuals is great, but most importantly - the increased Frame Rate is mind-blowing and IMO the proper way to play at this point. I can't go back to the PS4 version (BC or otherwise) of FF7R after playing the PS5 version. Patch Download will be big - but it's worth it.

ah f**k. I got the PS5 recently. Will the saves transfer easily? I am in chapter 8 or something but don't want to go back PS4 version if PS5 upgrade is free.